People are the most ill-equipped animals(for wilderness survival)

All of those are difficult to come by in winter. And you'd be competing for them with the local wildlife.....

I don't think small mammals, fish and carrion are hard to come by in the winter. And none of those have a high suger content. I'd probably have issues with rickets, not bad teeth

...But it was just an example. There are many more areas in which humans have degraded....

yes, but you said rotten abcessed teeth within a year. I don't think so. Not even close.

I don't think small mammals, fish and carrion are hard to come by in the winter. And none of those have a high suger content. I'd probably have issues with rickets, not bad teeth
I think it will prove to be harder than you think.
Do you live in bear country ? ;)

yes, but you said rotten abcessed teeth within a year. I don't think so. Not even close.
I think it's close for many people.

To keep a population of humans going in the wild you only need people to survive to an average age of 20 or 30. I'm sure most people would lose some teeth, and some would die from gum infections etc, but I doubt it would be a major killer. People's teeth wouldn't ALL rot out of their mouth by the time they're 30. I doubt that even half of them would rot out by 30 for the average person.

To keep a population of humans going in the wild you only need people to survive to an average age of 20 or 30. I'm sure most people would lose some teeth, and some would die from gum infections etc, but I doubt it would be a major killer. People's teeth wouldn't ALL rot out of their mouth by the time they're 30. I doubt that even half of them would rot out by 30 for the average person.

Well, I don't call that surviving if you compare that to current average age.
Sure people as a species would survive in the wild, no doubt. The weak won't make it, leaving the stronger individuals to continue the species.

Well, I don't call that surviving if you compare that to current average age.
Sure people as a species would survive in the wild, no doubt. The weak won't make it, leaving the stronger individuals to continue the species.
I don't think anyone ever argued that people would live just as long as we do today. But I can pretty much guarantee you that 10k years ago people weren't living to an average age of 75.

I don't think anyone ever argued that people would live just as long as we do today. But I can pretty much guarantee you that 10k years ago people weren't living to an average age of 75.

I agree, but think about what would happen if all the hospitals, doctors offices were closed and any kind of medicine was banned this instant.

We are quite literally the greatest equipped animals for wilderness survival in the existance of the earth.

I mean what animal out there would be able to attack an abrams tank and win?

Nature decided instead of creating more muscles, more teeth, more claws, to create a brain, and that decision made us the top of the food tree.

There was a great quote that "when mother nature created the human mind, it wildly overshot it's mark."

Seriously, equip me with a humvee with a .50 cal, machine gun and i dare you to find another different animal to threaten me.

The fact is that it is our minds that got us as far as we have come.

And the fact is that if those people were right, than why on earth have we not been eliminated by natural selection considering it is survival of the fittest.

Seriously, equip me with a humvee with a .50 cal, machine gun and i dare you to find another different animal to threaten me.

fleas%20pic.jpg

Mosquito.jpg

>.>, okay maybe a little bug repellant and an electric fence wouldn't hurt either.

But my point wasnt the humvee, the point was that we weren't equipped to fight, we were equipped to think, and with invenetions we have climbed to the top of the food chain.

I agree, but think about what would happen if all the hospitals, doctors offices were closed and any kind of medicine was banned this instant.
I'm not entirely sure what your point is. In the wild animals die from all sorts of relatively trivial stuff that, say, a vet could easily cure or prevent. It's not like animals never have problems with disease/wound infection/etc.

There were no rules that humans could not use their resources for survival.

Well, get a house too then. And throw in a hospital and some private doctors while you're at it.
'In the wild' means that you don't get any goodies to start off with.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. In the wild animals die from all sorts of relatively trivial stuff that, say, a vet could easily cure or prevent. It's not like animals never have problems with disease/wound infection/etc.

That's true, but these animals are still being shaped by the forces of their habitat.
We have been out of that habitat for ages.

And the fact is that if those people were right, than why on earth have we not been eliminated by natural selection considering it is survival of the fittest.

you totally missed the point of those documentaries and the OP.

We can make tools so we dont need fangs or claws.
brain power is more dangerous than a claw ever will be.

example... nuclear bomb

Great example. You mean to ourselves, right ? :rolleyes:

It would be funny to see the lot of you trying to make tools from scratch :D

no I mean to everything.

and I could make tools if needed.
I dont hunt,fish,or spend time out in the wilderness, but I could if I had to.

Back