Only Cranks and Wierdo's See UFO's

my personal opinion, which is based on many things including my friend's testimony, is that what we call aliens are really the nephilim. genetic, demonic concoctions. i think the abduction phenomenon is at least as much spiritual as it is physical if not more. i think that aliens will perpetuate the antichrist and false prophet, and the mark of the beast, which will be a genetic manipulation of some kind.

Anything is possible but aside from what you said it makes no sense for aliens jsut to come here to visit and fly around all these times and for so many years. If they were that advanced and if they were advanced enough to get here (which would be very advanced) they would be able to observe without being detected. UFO sightings started around the fifties...that is a very long time for them to just fly around. Could be possible just knowing all this doesnt seem likely.

i'm good friends with an abductee. as far as i know, i'm the only one she's told and she's my age. this has been happening to her since she was a kid. she's certainly not after publicity, she doesn't even want to think about it herself. she's not a weirdo, and she's not a crank. she's a human being that's been traumatized, and nobody gives a flying fuck because it conflicts with their egos, beliefs, and selfish agendas. it makes me sick.
If your friend is traumatised, she needs to see a good psychiatrist. She might not want to, because of the implication that she's also deluded, but she needs to go anyway. As you say, she is a human being that's been traumatized and needs help.

Its helpful she has a good friend to care. There are many sites for such:

search: alien abduction help

from what i know, the only help available is from jesus, and she hates jesus. she was raised by alcoholic, abusive, religious parents who beat her over the head with condemnation and lies since the day she was born. which in my opinion, probably was what left her susceptible and vulnerable to the abduction in the first place.

Pete, you're confusing me now. My statement in the OP should be clear - from listening to Hawking, he sounded as though he is attributing UFO cases to crankery and weirdos.

If this is not the case, then hawking should be clearer.

I think you are deliberately being dense and using an obsolute meaning for "UFO".
"UFO" means alien vehicle, in popular usage, and in the clear context of Hawking's speech.

So, yes. Hawking was attributing UFO reports to cranks and weirdos.
What's your objection, apart from your quibble over the term "UFO"?
Do you assert that reports of alien visitors have come from reliable sources?

Anything is possible but aside from what you said it makes no sense for aliens jsut to come here to visit and fly around all these times and for so many years. If they were that advanced and if they were advanced enough to get here (which would be very advanced) they would be able to observe without being detected. UFO sightings started around the fifties...that is a very long time for them to just fly around. Could be possible just knowing all this doesnt seem likely.

you're right, which substantiates my theory.

If your friend is traumatised, she needs to see a good psychiatrist. She might not want to, because of the implication that she's also deluded, but she needs to go anyway. As you say, she is a human being that's been traumatized and needs help.

you know, i know, and she knows that the only thing a psychiatrist is going to tell her is that she's crazy.

and that is not helpful, at all.

I think you are deliberately being dense and using an obsolute meaning for "UFO".
"UFO" means alien vehicle, in popular usage, and in the clear context of Hawking's speech.

So, yes. Hawking was attributing UFO reports to cranks and weirdos.
What's your objection, apart from your quibble over the term "UFO"?

Dense? I would have preferred ''realistic''.

Now sir, you seem to be contradicting your self. In a previous post, you admitted Hawking should make himself clearer. If you are now agreeing, why ask then is it important and calling it a mere quibble?

I had a lucid dream once that I was at Stanford Research Center, and I was led to enter the door of a very small room with a high bed and three screens on the wall.
I got comfortable and the first screen came on showing horses running in a field.
My attention left that screen to the next one in line, at it was showing a completely different subject, and I of course turned my attention then to the third screen. Whichever screen I remained attentive to, the other two screens would change to show a different aspect of that same subject. I would again settle on a screen, and the process continued to refine itself, until a gentleman spoke outside the doorway, saying the ignition switch was successfully activated...

I had a lucid dream once that I was at Stanford Research Center, and I was led to enter the door of a very small room with a high bed and three screens on the wall.
I got comfortable and the first screen came on showing horses running in a field.
My attention left that screen to the next one in line, at it was showing a completely different subject, and I of course turned my attention then to the third screen. Whichever screen I remained attentive to, the other two screens would change to show a different aspect of that same subject. I would again settle on a screen, and the process continued to refine itself, until a gentleman spoke outside the doorway, saying the ignition switch was successfully activated...

does it mean anything to you? can you relate it to your life?

does it mean anything to you? can you relate it to your life?
Not at all, I just figured it was Freudian sexual, with the bed and the horses. Though I do not believe I focused on the horses screen as a subject of interest.

Not at all, I just figured it was Freudian sexual, with the bed and the horses. Though I do not believe I focused on the horses screen as a subject of interest.

i've had recurring dreams when i was younger, and a more recent lucid dream that, over time, i've been able to relate to my life quite well. i think they were prophetic.

i've had recurring dreams when i was younger, and a more recent lucid dream that, over time, i've been able to relate to my life quite well. i think they were prophetic.
More and more, I think your friend's in good company. Hope she feels better. She deserves it.:)

Dense? I would have preferred ''realistic''.
I'm sure you would.

Now sir, you seem to be contradicting your self. In a previous post, you admitted Hawking should make himself clearer. If you are now agreeing, why ask then is it important and calling it a mere quibble?
I said that "cranks and weirdos" is not the best choice of words.

"UFO", on the other hand, is a reasonable substitution for "alien vehicle". Suggesting otherwise is a mere quibble.

I'm interested in the extent of your objection to Hawkings speech. You seem to be objecting to more than Hawkings choice of words. Do you assert that reports of alien visitors have come from reliable sources?

I'm sure you would.

I said that "cranks and weirdos" is not the best choice of words.

"UFO", on the other hand, is a reasonable substitution for "alien vehicle". Suggesting otherwise is a mere quibble.

I'm interested in the extent of your objection to Hawkings speech. You seem to be objecting to more than Hawkings choice of words. Do you assert that reports of alien visitors have come from reliable sources?

I will have to disgaree - I personally do not use the term UFO to represent aliens. That's a pop sci fi terminology that I tend not to associate it to.

On that respect, I am hardly being dense, I'm being realistic on the true definition, and how people like me, may interpret Hawking to mean something else. I still don't understand how you could possibly get confused, over what I just said.

you know, i know, and she knows that the only thing a psychiatrist is going to tell her is that she's crazy.
I know two psychiatrists personally. They are very compassionate people, and I don't think that "crazy" is in their vocabulary.

I'm studying medicine now, and we are explicitly taught to accept our patients' constructions of reality, and to carefully consider what patients actually want and don't want, and how to help them meet those wants.

For your friend, whether she is deluded or not is a secondary problem. The primary issue, and the issue that any good doctor would focus on, is her distress and traumatisation.

I will have to disgaree - I personally do not use the term UFO to represent aliens. That's a pop sci fi terminology that I tend not to associate it to.
The way you use or don't use the term is irrelevant. Hawking's use was in line with popular usage, and was made even clearer by the context.
No one could possibly misinterpret it, except deliberately.

Hey, it was you who said Cranks and Weirdos are possibly not the right words.

What words would you have sir?

Perhaps "unreliable sources". But I wouldn't actually make the assertion at all since I don't have enough interest in the topic to do the research.

Last edited:
Back