On growing up to be, as God says, one of us.

Really?
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us.

A figure of speaeh I am sure because he was speaking to both Adam and Eve.
In the myth that is.
You might also remember that in Hebrew, adam, lower case a. means society, where we see Adam as one man.

This highlights it.

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:26-28
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Apparently, in Hebrew, there is no capitalization.

Regards
DL

B S.

Will you understand any complex issue without making the thinking effort and trying to understand it?

Regards
DL

I understand my man . The concept of one man ! Coming together as one man . That is some heavy duty shit right there and your posts are not the only ones in the bible that elude to the one man. Consider the sociability of humans and how human endeavors are achieved through cooperation. Hell our whole fucking modern existence is built on it . Our whole learning experience of just every day living . You look at a cell phone and wonder how that fucker became what it is . Fuck that is thousands and thousands of generations that made that little fucking device possible for your convenience. Think of all the fucker that got out of there comfort zone and some died for it just so you can text your girl friend . It makes me cry when I think about what they did so we can be free . Your link was inspiring " I am The Greatest "

I understand my man . The concept of one man ! Coming together as one man . That is some heavy duty shit right there and your posts are not the only ones in the bible that elude to the one man. Consider the sociability of humans and how human endeavors are achieved through cooperation. Hell our whole fucking modern existence is built on it . Our whole learning experience of just every day living . You look at a cell phone and wonder how that fucker became what it is . Fuck that is thousands and thousands of generations that made that little fucking device possible for your convenience. Think of all the fucker that got out of there comfort zone and some died for it just so you can text your girl friend . It makes me cry when I think about what they did so we can be free . Your link was inspiring " I am The Greatest "

I blush.
Thanks.

I agree with the flavor of your view of man cooperating. He does.
Let me try to expand your perception just a bit.
Man is also competing at the same time in fits and starts, as required.
The best way to show you may be with an analogy.
Let me know if you can see man doing the same as shown here and mixing the cooperation with the competition. The wave is the competing force at work but without it, the whole system might break down.
Compete when required as that keeps the whole healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XygDTA7kQ

Regards
DL

What does a Jewish author have to do with anything? Correction, become as God, singular.

Sigh.

What do Jewish authors have to do with Jewish scriptures?
More than the Christians who reversed their interpretations.

Psalm 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Note the plural of Gods.

John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Regards
DL

Elohim - gods - plural.

Once again, your knowledge of the bible is rather sad.

Angels can be gods, but only YHWH is God.
Psalm 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Greatest I am,

A figure of speaeh I am sure because he was speaking to both Adam and Eve.

What makes you sure?

You might also remember that in Hebrew, adam, lower case a. means society, where we see Adam as one man.

The english word ''Adam'' is a translation of the Hebrew word aw-dawm
which means ''blood in the face'' or ''a ruddy colour of skin''

This highlights it.

Genesis 1:26-28
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Which bible did you get that from?
This is the common translation.

jan.

Sigh.

What do Jewish authors have to do with Jewish scriptures?
More than the Christians who reversed their interpretations.

Note the plural of Gods.

John 10
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Regards
DL

''God'' (with an upper-case 'g'), and ''god'' (lower-case 'g') are different.

God:
1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

3. ( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.

jan.

Back