Nypd, Fuck Yeah!

Crime in NYC has been declining for the past decade, decade and a half.

...LOL! Yeah, sure ....declining from what level?! ...LOL! When you start out as a crime-ridden hell-hole, anything begins to look good, huh? :D

Baron Max

Baron Max,
You are a Texan right?

Interestingly the 2004 NYC crime index (2,801.6 crimes per 100,000) is significantly lower than Houston (7,194.8), Dallas (8,959.7) AND San Antonio (7,346.8).

Baron Max,
You are a Texan right?

Interestingly the 2004 NYC crime index (2,801.6 crimes per 100,000) is significantly lower than Houston (7,194.8), Dallas (8,959.7) AND San Antonio (7,346.8).

I hear Texans are very fond of their guns and suffer from road rage to an extreme degree (this from someone who lived in Texas for a year and shudders at the memory).

What if they weren't cops?

What if you and your three buddies were packin', and someone rammed your car.

How justified would you be if you executed the unarmed people in the other vehicle?

well, clearly that would be a citizen's arrest! Not only legal but a duty!

I hear Texans are very fond of their guns and suffer from road rage to an extreme degree (this from someone who lived in Texas for a year and shudders at the memory).
Why, what's so bad about li'l ol' Texas, sam? Rampant crime aside, that is.

Baron Max, You are a Texan right?

So, by making a comparison of the worst crime cities, you're showing/proving that NYC is a city with little crime?????

Ain't that like saying "Well, sure it was a nuclear bomb ...but it was just a little one!" ...LOL!

Baron Max

So, by making a comparison of the worst crime cities, you're showing/proving that NYC is a city with little crime????

No.
I'm just saying that NYC is a LOT safer than most people think, and safer, in fact, than most of the big cities in this country where people feel relatively safe.
The bad reputation of NYC as a crime-ridden hell hole is largely based on the NYC of the mid-late seventies (and it was WELL deserved then).
Now, though, as big cities go, it is a relatively safe place to be.

Back