No Really, What is Light?

Light is ethereal, in the sense it neither moves through a time, nor through a space. Here is the concept at hand. Does it even exist????

Many scientists are boldly aware that light/photons cannot exist due to relativity.

Thank you very much Dragon.
This is the current explaination, but even those endorsing it haven't completly explained HOW this dual nature occurs. The EXACT nature of light is undefined. Sometimes it is obseved to act like a particle, sometimes a wave. Sometimes it does not exist at all until observed. And noone knows exactly WHY (as far as I can tell). In short your particle that acts like a wave is not understood, not completely defined.

What do you want to hear ? What light is made out of ?

Light is made out of nothing... it travels through nothing, therego, it stands to reason that IT IS NOTHING.

Light/photons have a subatomic clock that is stretched into infinity... meaning it experiences no time whatsoever. If relativity is correct, then it cannot experience a space neither.

"I agree. Something cannot simply come from nothing."

Reiku, if the statment that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction is true...which happens to be a major premise of Science...then the opposite reaction of nothing existing is every possibility fulfilled...total existence! Then nothing and everything balance out!

Interesting analysis.

I still have problems assuming that renormalization of everything is nothing though.

"I agree. Something cannot simply come from nothing."

Reiku, if the statment that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction is true...which happens to be a major premise of Science...then the opposite reaction of nothing existing is every possibility fulfilled...total existence! Then nothing and everything balance out!

So whatever happened to nothing then ?

Action, reaction, cause and effect. They all happen now.

But if they happen now, then what existed before it?

Quite right. There can be no before, if something exists now.

What ? lol
Things existed in the past as well.. right ? :scratchin:

Oh heh... I was referring to the big bang.. or whatever supposedly caused existence.

At big bang, ther was zero-time. If any of us talk about the past, then the past is only a figmant of imagination.

At big bang, ther was zero-time. If any of us talk about the past, then the past is only a figmant of imagination.

What I meant was that if time arose through/was caused by the big bang then there was no 'before the big bang'. Hence the universe has always been, no beginning and no end.

Edit: in other words.. never was there a time at which the universe did not exist and never will there be a time at which it has ceased to exist.

What I meant was that if time arose through/was caused by the big bang then there was no 'before the big bang'. Hence the universe has always been, no beginning and no end.

Edit: in other words.. never was there a time at which the universe did not exist and never will there be a time at which it has ceased to exist.

Yes...

If time was existent, then time always was.

So, you see.. it is utterly irrelevant whether or not something can come from nothing.. the universe was always there :shrug:

I (intuitively) think everything comes from nothing in that everything is COMPOSED of nothing. In another post I reason that light is an electromagnetic potential alternating in strength ....blah blah... since a potential does not physically exist (but merely might be) light is therefore composed quite literally of probability. Which physically is nothing.
In this way of thinking Nothing is an infinite potential energy and therefore actually Something. Come to think about it I guess this train of thought implies that its impossible for "Nothing" to exist at all.

Mods: I'm really sorry but I just can't help it.

Back