Nazi Food?

Mountainhare:

"I can imagine the Jewish chant (if they had one). These would be the first two lines:

"Boo, hoo, hoo,
I am a Jew, Jew, Jew" "

That is HILARIOUS.

mountainhare said:
samcdkey:

No, 'they' did not. Read your own damn link. Only the Bene Israelis immigrated during the 2nd century BC. The other three groups did not.

Also, I mentioned in my previous post that I was referring to European (aka. White) Jews.

From the first post:

The Jewish community in the Indian city of Mumbai (Bombay) is outraged by a new restaurant named after Adolf Hitler.

From your post:

Whiny European Jews at it again. Won't they ever shut up?

From a website:

There are two main Jewish communities in India: the Malayalam speaking Jews of Cochin and the Marathi speaking Bene Israeli Jews of Mumbai.

Just to be clear.

PS I'm from Mumbai.

oh fucking come ON....you people are defending a restaraunt themed around hitler for fuck's sake. sure, it is funny...but you are saying that one of the ethnic groups the man tried to have wiped off of the face of the earth has no right to be upset about this?

are you really all that stupid?

Sure they can be upset, TDI, but it won't make any difference.

Mumbai does not play by any rules. I remember when "The Satanic Verses" was banned in India after some Muslims protested, it used to be sold by roadside vendors on the streets of Mumbai. Frankly, no one cares about sensibilities there. And I think it's better that way.

Prince_James said:
Samcdkey:

They have a distinct religion, distinct culture, distinct practices...They are no more Indian than I am.

But I must agree with Mountainhare. The Jews are bitching again and it is sickening. Truly. They cannot stop whining and then wonder why they are hated.

Our national motto is "Unity in Diversity".

We pride ourselves on our diversity.

We have more than 800 dialects and every state in India has its own customs, language, cuisine and history. All religious communities have their distinct practices and we like it that way. We do not want to be a generic community. That would be an insult to the immensely colorful tapestry of the rich heritage of 5000 years of known history.

http://www.embassyofindia.com/in_cult.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India#Culture

And we are Indians, every single one of us.

In the words of Dr. Rajendra Prasad, "The special characteristics of Indian culture are its unity in diversity, its respect for all religions, its feelings of world-brotherhood, its humility, its self-perseverance and capacity to regard all as family members."

Last edited:
The Devil Inside said:
geez, dont encourage him.
Redarmy, I agree with TDI. Please don't encourage D'ster.

swivel said:
How can every comedian be Jewish, and yet, as a people, none of them have a sense of humor?
I hardly think that the Jewish community in Mumbai can be considered "the Jews as a people", which implies that we're talking about all the world's Jews. :bugeye:

mountainhare said:
What ever happened to free speeech?
Free speech, including the right to complain about something you don't like?

mountainhare said:
I mean, it is INDIA. Not Israel. So the whinings and bitchings of the microminority of Jewish immigrants is incidental. Suck it up, nancies. You don't like the restaurant's name? Then don't go there.
Whatever happened to free speech?

mountainhare said:
Whiny European Jews at it again. Won't they ever shut up?
Be a little more observant, please. We're talking about the Jewish community in Mumbai, not in Europe.

mountainhare said:
Perhaps they should blast it out of the speakers into the neighbours, just to piss off the whiny Jews.
Breach of the peace. ;)

The Devil Inside said:
oh fucking come ON....you people are defending a restaraunt themed around hitler for fuck's sake. sure, it is funny...but you are saying that one of the ethnic groups the man tried to have wiped off of the face of the earth has no right to be upset about this?

are you really all that stupid?
Somehow I think they are.

Samcdkey:

"Unity in Diversity"? Yet why then the religious tensions amongst Hindus, Moslems, and Sikhs? Why then the existence of Pakistan (and now Pakistan and Bangladesh)?

Bombay seems to be the equivalent of what New York and Paris are to America and France respectively. Namely, the exception to the rules. Whereas no one will speak of a straight homogeny of Indian culture, one can sharply divide India amongst religious lines and indeed, even where regionalism is to be found, one can speak of enough common binds to speak of "India" amongst the communities predominated by Hindus amongst Hindus and amongst Moslems amongst Moslems.

Moreover, as a Moslem yourself, and though this might offend you (but it is not my intent), I would proclaim that you are really not very Indian at all. At the very least, your ancestry is to be found in Islamic conquest, or if not, your ancestor's religious conversion from Hinduism departed from what makes an Indian, an Indian.

It is rather equivalent to the Scotch-Irish in Ireland. They are hardly Irish in any meaningful way.

Prince_James said:
Samcdkey:

"Unity in Diversity"? Yet why then the religious tensions amongst Hindus, Moslems, and Sikhs? Why then the existence of Pakistan (and now Pakistan and Bangladesh)?

Bombay seems to be the equivalent of what New York and Paris are to America and France respectively. Namely, the exception to the rules. Whereas no one will speak of a straight homogeny of Indian culture, one can sharply divide India amongst religious lines and indeed, even where regionalism is to be found, one can speak of enough common binds to speak of "India" amongst the communities predominated by Hindus amongst Hindus and amongst Moslems amongst Moslems.

You are sadly mistaken. The common Indian is very much like me. What you see regarding the communal violence is merely the fundamentalists who rise from time to time, create some disturbances and then subside back into the fabric of society. In fact, since most fundamentalists have political aspirations, they usually have underlying non-religious motives for creating seperatist violence. However, you'll notice that religion based intolerance is not very popular among Indians in general, since our communities are very mixed and all of us know people belonging to some other religious community, so it is difficult to dehumanise them or dissociate ourselves from them.
Moreover, as a Moslem yourself, and though this might offend you (but it is not my intent), I would proclaim that you are really not very Indian at all. At the very least, your ancestry is to be found in Islamic conquest, or if not, your ancestor's religious conversion from Hinduism departed from what makes an Indian, an Indian.

It is rather equivalent to the Scotch-Irish in Ireland. They are hardly Irish in any meaningful way.
"departed from what makes an Indian, an Indian."
What do you think makes an Indian an Indian.
Hinduism? If so, that is an indication that you do not know India.
Do you think Hinduism is one religion?

If so, you've just offended a lot of Hindus.

That's like saying Judaism, Islam and Christianity are one religion. :p

Hinduism is a generic term coined by the British, a result of the incomprehension and general lack of perception evident in the West towards the East. It lumps together various belief systems in India which now fall under the umbrella "Hinduism".

The term Hinduism is not a single well-defined religion, in the sense that Hinduism consists of several schools of thought and traditions. It encompasses many religious rituals that widely vary in practice, as well as many diverse sects and philosophies.

Since India was originally a Hindu country (Hindu:1662, from Pers. Hindu (adj. & noun) "Indian," from Hind "India," from Skt. sindhu "river," specifically the Indus; hence "region of the Indus," gradually extended across northern India. Hinduism, blanket term for "polytheism of India," is from 1829), all other religions are either later derivatives (like Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism) or are imports (like Christianity, Islam and Judaism) through immigrants or invaders.

Can you tell me which parts of India can be divided on the basis of religion?

Forget about Pakistan, that was a wound left on the country by the misguided British and will probably fester unless the two countries realise they have far more things in common than differences.

And if you can tell that I'm different from Muslims in other countries, it will be hard for you to tell that I'm different from other Indians of different religions. And you really could not tell me apart from a Hindu and a Christian Indian, if we were all talking together.

Nor could you easily tell which was which.

And although I'm born and brought up in Mumbai, I've travelled extensively all over India, sometimes alone, sometimes for work, other times with friends. And I've felt at home everywhere. Even places I did not know the language and used signs to communicate.

Last edited:
samcdkey:

"You are sadly mistaken. The common Indian is very much like me. What you see regarding the communal violence is merely the fundamentalists who rise from time to time, create some disturbances and then subside back into the fabric of society. In fact, since most fundamentalists have political aspirations, they usually have underlying non-religious motives for creating seperatist violence. However, you'll notice that religion based intolerance is not very popular among Indians in general, since our communities are very mixed and all of us know people belonging to some other religious community, so it is difficult to dehumanise them or dissociate ourselves from them."

This does not seem to be the case, specifically when following the British raj's fall, there was intense religious riotting and, again, the partition of India. There are also massive controversies regularly reported with the religious differences.

""departed from what makes an Indian, an Indian."
What do you think makes an Indian an Indian."

An Indian can be defined as a person from the Indian-continent, whose genetic roots are in India, whose religion is Hinduism (or perhaps the offshoot religion of Jainism or Indian Buddhism), who is either of Aryan or Dravidian descent, who speaks at least one Indian language (in a regional dialect or not) and who participates in traditional Indian culture to at least a modest extent (taking into consideration that India is also a modern country).

"Hinduism? If so, that is an indication that you do not know India.
Do you think Hinduism is one religion?"

Hinduism, like any other religion, has various sects and schools of thought within it. But Hinduism can be defined as those who accept the authorities of the Vedas, the Mahabharata, the Ramayana, the Upanishads, the Puranas, et cetera, et cetera. In essence, the Hindu canon. With the allowing for certain distinctions.

At most, the differences in Hinduism boil down to something along the lines of Christianity's Protestantism, Orthodoxy, and Catholicism. However, this seems far less extreme, and is probably more along the Jewish splits.

"That's like saying Judaism, Islam and Christianity are one religion. "

There is enough differences to warrant them being considered distinct. However, they are all Abrahamic religions, and ontop of that, are part of Semitic religions as a whole.

"Hinduism is a generic term coined by the British, a result of the incomprehension and general lack of perception evident in the West towards the East. It lumps together various belief systems in India which now fall under the umbrella "Hinduism"."

Bolstered by historic ties and connections.

"Can you tell me which parts of India can be divided on the basis of religion?"

According to the census data, 900 million Indians are Hindus, about 100 million are Moslems, with the rest being Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, and others. I do not know precisely where each falls in, though.

"And if you can tell that I'm different from Muslims in other countries, it will be hard for you to tell that I'm different from other Indians of different religions. And you really could not tell me apart from a Hindu and a Christian Indian, if we were all talking together. "

You think so? I am generally pretty good in perceiving the subtle differences. Although you are rather secular compared to many Moslems, yes. For one, you drink wine. Naughty-naughty anti-Shariah girl, you.

But yes, I would say that you differ from Arabic Moslems. But so do Irish Catholics differ from German, Spanish, French, or Italian Catholics. Regionalism.

"And although I'm born and brought up in Mumbai, I've travelled extensively all over India, sometimes alone, sometimes for work, other times with friends. And I've felt at home everywhere. Even places I did not know the language and used signs to communicate. "

You ought to make a thread about your travels. I would find them interesting.

samcdkey said:
It's Mumbai; there are no racists or neo-nazis, just new ways of grabbing headlines in a very commercial, very multicultural, very tolerant and incredibly divine city. (I'm a Mumbaikar, I know :cool: ).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai_culture

Mumbai is known to be one of the most liberal and cosmopolitan cities of India, with the city embracing many concepts which would be taboo in other cities.

Yes, but something to consider about food. In America, we have more pesticides in our food than in India. We have no food security whatsoever.

Prince_James said:
samcdkey:

This does not seem to be the case, specifically when following the British raj's fall, there was intense religious riotting and, again, the partition of India. There are also massive controversies regularly reported with the religious differences.
After 200 plus years of occupation and the British poicy of "Divide and Rule"?
It was a shameful time, yes, which is all the more reason we try to prevent it now.
That said, in an overpopulated country with all the worlds races and religions, there is bound to be an occasional outburst. Especially when politicians become involved. We still have the best record for democracy and secularism.

An Indian can be defined as a person from the Indian-continent, whose genetic roots are in India, whose religion is Hinduism (or perhaps the offshoot religion of Jainism or Indian Buddhism), who is either of Aryan or Dravidian descent, who speaks at least one Indian language (in a regional dialect or not) and who participates in traditional Indian culture to at least a modest extent (taking into consideration that India is also a modern country).

Haha!
What is India and Who is an Indian ?

India is the biggest and most ancient experiment where almost all racial and ethnic groups of the world have met and mixed.

We do have pure Mongolian races in North East, Australoids and Munda aborigines in Center and East, Mediterranean and Arabian in the North and West, Central Asian Turk-Mongols in North, Aryans in North.
These last form same stock with Aryans of Iran [Ayran], Aryavan [Azairbaijan] and other areas of Amu Dariya.
We also have Burmese, Cambodian, Viet, Thai, Malay and Javanese racial groups in India.
We also have Greek, Armenian, Turk, Slavic Russian, Georgian and even Mediterraneans, Semitic, Phoenicians, Berbers and Misri elements in India.

Guess someone should tell all these people, huh?

Hinduism, like any other religion, has various sects and schools of thought within it. But Hinduism can be defined as those who accept the authorities of the Vedas, the Mahabharata, the Ramayana, the Upanishads, the Puranas, et cetera, et cetera. In essence, the Hindu canon. With the allowing for certain distinctions.

Actually if you ever go to India, you'll find people identify themselves with a place rather than with a religion. i.e. are you from Mumbai or Pune? Not, are you a Hindu or Muslim. Makes no sense to us. Every one knows people from the same place have similar values.

At most, the differences in Hinduism boil down to something along the lines of Christianity's Protestantism, Orthodoxy, and Catholicism. However, this seems far less extreme, and is probably more along the Jewish splits.

Shows that you do not know any Hindus. Try getting a Hindu from Punjab together with one from the South and the only thing they have in common is India and Bollywood (and the latter is not always true).

There is enough differences to warrant them being considered distinct. However, they are all Abrahamic religions, and ontop of that, are part of Semitic religions as a whole.

Yes, but would a Christian consider a prayer mat for worship? Or a Muslim go for communion?

Bolstered by historic ties and connections.

Bolstered by complete ignorance. But we are tolerant people, so we overlook the tendency of the West to see us as a different species. After all we have 5000 years of tradition. Something they cannot even begin to comprehend.

According to the census data, 900 million Indians are Hindus, about 100 million are Moslems, with the rest being Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, and others. I do not know precisely where each falls in, though.

If you allow for the fact that there are 800 dialects and each dialect represents a difference in culture (which may include more than one religion), you get some idea of how incredibly complex it really is.

Jews from Mumbai speak Marathi, Persians from Gujarat speak Gujarati, Syrian Christians speak Malayalam. What would they say to an Israeli, an Iranian or an European Christian?

Another example: Urdu is a Muslim language which originated in India and has an Arabic script. However only people from Pakistan (Muslims Hindus or Christians), and some Muslims and Hindus from some parts of Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and one city in Andhra Pradesh know how to read it. The one city in AP, Hyderabad, has a dialect of Urdu (called Deccani Urdu) incomprehensible to the other Urdu speaking population and so unique that Hyderabadis can be instantly recognised by the dialect. And all the people in Hyderabad, including non-Muslims can understand it. :) Not only the language, but also the culture and cuisine of the Hyderabadi Muslims is different from Muslims in the rest of the country. The Hindus from Hyderabad speak the language but have very little else in common with the Muslims except history. But Deccani Urdu is not understood by many people outside the city, in the same state of AP. Vernacular Urdu however has a lot of words in common with Hindi and Bollywood is a mixture of the two languages. Pure Urdu is so complex even I cannot read it (I'm self taught). Urdu is the language of Ghazals which is a very popular form of poetry set to music and is written and sung mostly by Hindus in India.

There is a substantial group of Hindus belonging to the state of Sind who can also understand Urdu, because their language Sindhi, understood and used only by them, is also written using a modified Arabic script. And Sindhi is the language of the State of Sind, which is now in Pakistan. But Hindu Sindhis are spread out all over India, though mostly in the North. And they still call themselves Sindhis, since this identifies them as a particular ethnic group with a particular unique language, cuisine, customs and dress. And Urdu speaking people cannot understand Sindhi, except those who are from the state of Sind in Pakistan.

And that is just two groups of people, Hindus and Muslims from two different states and countries, with one language that is not even common. I have not told you about the Lucknowi and Ajmeri and Delhi Urdu speakers yet.

You think so? I am generally pretty good in perceiving the subtle differences. Although you are rather secular compared to many Moslems, yes. For one, you drink wine. Naughty-naughty anti-Shariah girl, you.

We do not have Shariah in India. We have the Indian Penal Code, which applies to all Indians. And boy o boy, I'd love to see you perceive these "subtle differences".
You'd probably have to visit them at home to be able to tell what religion they follow. We can of course, tell by the name, but not otherwise.

But yes, I would say that you differ from Arabic Moslems. But so do Irish Catholics differ from German, Spanish, French, or Italian Catholics. Regionalism.

Sure, but if you go to the US, immigrants from these countries would have more than religion in common right? But would an Indian Muslim have anything in common with an Arab? or a Serbian Muslim? or a Chinese one? Indians who go abroad consider only other Indians as desis (natives), regardless of religion.

I have much more in common with an Indian of any religion than with a Muslim from anywhere else in the world (except Pakistan and Bangladesh, which used to be a part of India).
You ought to make a thread about your travels. I would find them interesting.

Other people's lives always look more interesting than our own.
Though I've enjoyed my life very much, with very few, very minor regrets.

Last edited:
samcdkey:

"After 200 plus years of occupation and the British poicy of "Divide and Rule"?
It was a shameful time, yes, which is all the more reason we try to prevent it now. "

One cannot manufacture hatreds. The Hindus suffered the most brutal conquest in recorded history under the Mughals. The powder keg was primed 600 years ago.

"That said, in an overpopulated country with all the worlds races and religions, there is bound to be an occasional outburst. Especially when politicians become involved. We still have the best record for democracy and secularism."

I agree. India is a paragon of succesful democracy, specifically with that many people. It is truly heartening to see a non-European or European-derived (in part, as one cannot discount British influence) be so succesful. Aside from Japan, you're essentially the only country that has ever done that. Bravo.

"We do have pure Mongolian races in North East, Australoids and Munda aborigines in Center and East, Mediterranean and Arabian in the North and West, Central Asian Turk-Mongols in North, Aryans in North.
These last form same stock with Aryans of Iran [Ayran], Aryavan [Azairbaijan] and other areas of Amu Dariya.
We also have Burmese, Cambodian, Viet, Thai, Malay and Javanese racial groups in India.
We also have Greek, Armenian, Turk, Slavic Russian, Georgian and even Mediterraneans, Semitic, Phoenicians, Berbers and Misri elements in India.

At most, Tibeto-Mongolian influences in the Himalayas in "mainstream Indian genetics" is minimal. Although later influxs of Islamic Mongolians probably raped their way into the genetic passage quite effectively.

Astraloids and Munda aborigines? I am unaware of these, specifically as Australoids are supposed to have been 30,000 years apart from other races. However, yes, I have heard of "hill people".

Mediterrenean and Arab? From what period specifically? But yes, Turko-Mongols - as part of conquest - likely do form part of the genetic pool, but again, through conquest, and are not they predominately Moslems?

I also am unaware of any significant influences of the South Eastern Asian races you speak of. Have you any sources regarding that? I'd be interested in the significant contributions, if any, they have put forth.

But yes, the Aryans, as part basic composition of (at least the) Northern brahman and kshyatriya castes are certainly Indian. Considering the conquest was 5,000 years ago...

As to the last group, it would be hard to present them as anywhere but a -minute- minority.

"Actually if you ever go to India, you'll find people identify themselves with a place rather than with a religion. i.e. are you from Mumbai or Pune? Not, are you a Hindu or Muslim. Makes no sense to us. Every one knows people from the same place have similar values."

Indeed, it does. However, if you are going to say that Hindus and Moslems are the same, despite huge theological and moral differences, that would be monsterously difficult to present as factual.

"Shows that you do not know any Hindus. Try getting a Hindu from Punjab together with one from the South and the only thing they have in common is India and Bollywood (and the latter is not always true)."

Relgiiously, they would be able to debate and speak of common canons. It is in the specific extra-canonical writings (of saints and sages) which would consist of their primary disagreements, I imagine. That is to say, once you leave the Rig-Veda and start to go to Swami X and Y.

"Yes, but would a Christian consider a prayer mat for worship? Or a Muslim go for communion?"

Certainly not, no.

Though it is funny: My family is nominally Christian (in the sense that all Westerners are) yet we have a Persian prayer rug. Just a funny, semi-ontopic, aside.

"Bolstered by complete ignorance. But we are tolerant people, so we overlook the tendency of the West to see us as a different species. After all we have 5000 years of tradition. Something they cannot even begin to comprehend."

Yes, we have only 3,000. Our history as a distinct entity from the Aryans begins around the Trojan war.

But are you saying that the regions of India do not share cultural ties, when they have even been submerged within greater kingdoms and empires in times past?

"If you allow for the fact that there are 800 dialects and each dialect represents a difference in culture (which may include more than one religion), you get some idea of how incredibly complex it really is."

Are Cockney still Englishmen? They speak a dialect of English. What then matters if someone si from Bombay or Calcutta, speak different dialects, and yet are still Indian?

"Jews from Mumbai speak Marathi, Persians from Gujarat speak Gujarati, Syrian Christians speak Malayalam. What would they say to an Israeli, an Iranian or an European Christian?"

They are definitely a distinct culture, of course. Although they'd probably speak English, as if I recall, it is one of the official languages of India, is it not?

"Another example: Urdu is a Muslim language which originated in India and has an Arabic script. However only people from Pakistan (Muslims Hindus or Christians), and some Muslims and Hindus from some parts of Punjab, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and one city in Andhra Pradesh know how to read it. The one city in AP, Hyderabad, has a dialect of Urdu (called Deccani Urdu) incomprehensible to the other Urdu speaking population and so unique that Hyderabadis can be instantly recognised by the dialect. And all the people in Hyderabad, including non-Muslims can understand it. Not only the language, but also the culture and cuisine of the Hyderabadi Muslims is different from Muslims in the rest of the country. The Hindus from Hyderabad speak the language but have very little else in common with the Muslims except history. But Deccani Urdu is not understood by many people outside the city, in the same state of AP. Vernacular Urdu however has a lot of words in common with Hindi and Bollywood is a mixture of the two languages. Pure Urdu is so complex even I cannot read it (I'm self taught). Urdu is the language of Ghazals which is a very popular form of poetry set to music and is written and sung mostly by Hindus in India."

It's a lovely language, too. A woman from the region which wanted to marry me for a greencard (presumably) spoke it beautifully.

"And that is just two groups of people, Hindus and Muslims from two different states and countries, with one language that is not even common. I have not told you about the Lucknowi and Ajmeri and Delhi Urdu speakers yet."

Yes I am aware that local languages can pose a problem.

"We do not have Shariah in India. We have the Indian Penal Code, which applies to all Indians. And boy o boy, I'd love to see you perceive these "subtle differences".
You'd probably have to visit them at home to be able to tell what religion they follow. We can of course, tell by the name, but not otherwise."

Just as a personal aside, as I am interested: As a Moslem, do not you find yourself committed to the Shariah even in the absence of its foundation in your society? You would not worship false Gods, or make graven images of the Prophet, or other such things, would you?

But yes, I am rather perceptive, of course, I'd have to go to India to see if I really could. I have a family friend in India, so it might one day be a possibility. I also used to be acquaintances, when I was a boy in school, with another boy from a former princely family. Of course, I'd likely not depend on their hospitality (and it is funny as they were rather poor here in America).

"Sure, but if you go to the US, immigrants from these countries would have more than religion in common right? But would an Indian Muslim have anything in common with an Arab? or a Serbian Muslim? or a Chinese one? Indians who go abroad consider only other Indians as desis (natives), regardless of religion."

Considering the fundamental centrality of religion in the formation of who a person is, most definitely they'd be closer at the core to the Serbian Moslem or to the Arab Moslem. I believe it was that infamous bastard, Malcolm X, who was awe-struck by the brotherhood which Moslems show when on the hajj in Mecca, and which converted him away from his anti-white stances.

swivel:

"The sarcasm?

If you are Jewish, I apologize, but am also shocked to see my sarcastic comment verified. "

He actually is. As is The Devil Inside.

Prince_James said:
swivel:

"The sarcasm?

If you are Jewish, I apologize, but am also shocked to see my sarcastic comment verified. "

He actually is. As is The Devil Inside.

Cool. I appreciate the info, but it really shouldn't matter, should it? I should be able to say something sarcastic and witty, even if the humor is lost on some people, right? Or are we in one of those situations where it is funny for a black comedian to make fun of whites, but not okay for a white comedian to make fun of blacks? Because I never understood that.

We should all be able to make fun of everything. And some people should be free to be offended, and some to laugh, and some to think it was just a bad joke. This sensitive, PC era we are struggling through right now is horrible. It reminds me that some youth sports leagues don't keep score anymore because one of the inalienable rights of man is to never be upset.

Then again, it is a testament to how wonderful our world is right now that we worry about Nazi-themed resturaunts, instead of having to wage a global war against Nazis. And that we consider it an outrage that some people deny the holocaust, instead of dealing with the tragedy of that event itself.

I guess a measure of the pussification of the world is also a measure of how lucky we all are, how much free time we have, and how few scars we possess.

Hmmm. From now on, when someone acts like a thin-skinned pansy, it will make me hopeful, not annoyed... :D

swivel said:
The sarcasm?

If you are Jewish, I apologize, but am also shocked to see my sarcastic comment verified.
If it was a pizza place that used brick ovens, now that would be funny. "I'll have a Jew pie with extra Zyklon-B, and a side of Mengele cheese sticks...", ect...

spidergoat said:
If it was a pizza place that used brick ovens, now that would be funny. "I'll have a Jew pie with extra Zyklon-B, and a side of Mengele cheese sticks...", ect...

That's not funny.

You are a sick bastard. Shame on you. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Wow... my anger over such a trivial thing really does feel uplifting. It makes me realize how safe and secure my life is. How inundated with wonderful, cheap trinkets and time-saving devices. That my greatest concern today will be agonizing over a menu, wondering what to order, that Sirloin that I know I love, or should I take a chance today with that homemade spinach-pasta lasagna?

Thanks, spidergoat. Your tasteless wit aroused anger in me that makes me realize just how pathetic and trivial my concerns are when compared to the greater arc of history, and the incredible sacrafices made by my ancestors.

And it was funny, too!

I'm mean, if you're going to do it, go all the way, you know? The waitresses could all have shaved heads and stripy uniforms, or alternatively big bosomed pigtailed and blond Nazi dominatrixes in leather SS outfits, like Hooters in hell.

Yeah, baby, now I'm all excited.
You could even do a sushi train with wooden boxcars, and cover the walls with barbed wire... get the Japanese angle in there with a whole WWII theme.

Back