National Security or Individual Rights?

Originally posted by JOHANNsebastianBACH
they havent been given the chance to decide that. it has been dictated what they should do for years.

i would like more personal freedom, but my country says no...what can i do?

Originally posted by spuriousmonkey
1. i want the freedom to directly decide the policy of my country...

sorry but that is not a freedom carried by our constitution. that is not even an intelligent argument. for a country to be considered free is not to do what you want no matter what. a free country is a country where you can believe religiously what you want, choose the food you eat, decide what job you want to apply for, etc... other countries don’t even have the right to an education because their government won’t let them. In fact the Philippines killed 2 million of their educated people after we left Vietnam

sorry but that is not a freedom carried by our constitution.

we don't have the same constitution...sorry...forgot to mention that i am a national homeless person.

we don't have a right for education, but a 'obligation', we have to, even if we do not want to.

we don't have the same constitution...sorry...forgot to mention that i am a national homeless person.

we don't have a right for education, but a 'obligation', we have to, even if we do not want to.

the obligation of the government to provide education is being fulfilled. kindergarten through 12th grade is of no cost accept for taxes. college is our responsibility. even though you have to pay for college, we still have the freedom of going. many on this earth still do not.

but you don't have the personal freedom not to follow this educational course...at least not here.

when you are 4 years old going to kindergarten you do not yet understand freedom. you must be educated about freedom to choose not to have it. if you have no education, you will end up homeless and no one will feel sorry for you. then you end up posting on forums about how you don’t have freedom because you weren’t educated on what freedom really is.

Obligation is not freedom

what is your point, you are the one who brought up obligation. besides you said it was the governments obligation to provide education. how does that = Obligation is not freedom.

other countries don’t even have the right to an education because their government won’t let them.

what is your point, you are the one who brought up obligation. besides you said it was the governments obligation to provide education. how does that = Obligation is not freedom.

no..I mentioned obligation, because you said we had a right...i wouldn't call something that is obligatory a right.

hence the confusion...

national security is protecting indivdual rights. u realistically cant have one without the otha

u just gotta find the balance

i say more focus on individual right since thats wot we are in fact defending

Originally posted by Lady Xoo
national security is protecting indivdual rights. u realistically cant have one without the otha

u just gotta find the balance

i say more focus on individual right since thats wot we are in fact defending

what make you think we aren't focusing on individual rights?

because individual rights are being restricted to strengthen national security?????

just one of the many sacrifices that we should be will to accept.

some people have sacrificed their life. Be glad that you have the freedom to live and type on the computer you are typing on right now.

just one of the many sacrifices that we should be will to accept.

some people have sacrificed their life. Be glad that you have the freedom to live and type on the computer you are typing on right now.

haha...good one....

"why do i have to proof my opinion?
and you are not under threat of war...iraq is."

This is a debate forum. That is where you argue and debate opinion. That requires proving what you say! So, either you give some proof to back your claims up, or accept that they're meaningless.

And I said "threat of war" in terms of national defence. Why did you assume I was talking about right now in America? Especially seeing as I said I wasn't American.

Those people sacrificed their lives for something they believed in... why stop such a nobel tradition, and just sit down and shut up when an issue of real importance comes up? Freedom should be defended with all available strength, as it is easy to nip at freedom, getting it back is very hard.

but you don't have the personal freedom not to follow this educational course...at least not here.
And your parents do indeed have the freedom of opting you out of this education....

Back