My road to atheism; Yours? Theist opinions?

Can an individual believe in God without be religious ?
Can I be an atheist of religion but believe in God ?
Belief in god without religion seems pointless, but it's possible. I guess deists are that.

Atheist means belief in god, so you can't be an atheist of just religion.

I'm not particularly happy with the "road" metaphor. I started out on a road with a lot of Christians who call themselves fundamentalists 9though they're not as crazy as American fundamentalists). I'm still on the road with the same people and they still call themselves fundamentalists but they see God and heaven at the end of the road and I don't.

Belief in god without religion seems pointless, but it's possible. I guess deists are that.

Atheist means belief in god, so you can't be an atheist of just religion.

Theist, is the one who believes in God ,
Religion is an organization of a group X Y Z of people who share same views.
I wonder the atheist church when they get to getter what do they do ? Do they have an objective ?

Theist, is the one who believes in God ,
Religion is an organization of a group X Y Z of people who share same views.
I wonder the atheist church when they get to getter what do they do ? Do they have an objective ?
There are some. I happen to think it's a relic from those that deconvert but miss what churches offer. But they might share fellowship or smoke a bowl and talk about the universe, who knows. I'm anti-social so I would never join one.

Well aside from internet sites I've never seen an atheist church, nor ever met anyone who's ever seen one or attended one. It's basically a creation of theists to compensate for their feelings of insecurity. After all, if a church is not a necessary part of ones life, what the have they been doing?

Still, I can see advantages to having a church. The internet sites for atheist churches all offer ordination by mail, so you could have the legal authority to marry people, (even gay couples). If you establish the church in your house, there would probably be tax benefits as well. And there's no pesky god idea to get in the way. This might be worth looking into. :D

??? What does a believer offer that an atheist can't?
Insufferable smugness, the rancid smell of sanctimony, and the self assurance that his invented deity approves of his actions, no matter what they may be.

Insufferable smugness, the rancid smell of sanctimony, and the self assurance that his invented deity approves of his actions, no matter what they may be.

Billions of human are happy with it . Would you say majority is wrong and minority is right

No! Are you serious? More heroines than heroes have died in the last decade?

Maybe feminism really has made strides! Awesome!

Good god, dude...
fool.gif

Alex, you are so last century. I wish more folks here could be. Come on with it!
yahoo.gif

Have you seen figure on the large increase on death of heroine the last decade .
Humans are usually happy when they're smug snd sanctimonious. If they think they have a reason to feel superior they're as happy as a pig in shit. Look at all the examples posting here.

O speak for my self, I post questions , that is saying I am ignorant , I am looking for a better answer then I have in my self. Some of us get inspired to increase our understanding from knowledge of other poster

O am more ignorant than Are, Que? Is this English?

What the hell? Edit before you vomit, please?

Back