My observation: atheists are anti-creativity

Yup, thats atheist "creativity" all right. A perfect example. How many of you here are getting prints for the home?

Seemingly you missed the point - but there's nothing new.

I think we are missing something significant if we neglect the creativity of those who tell us about the Bible.

The world was created in six days but days were a lot longer in those times. But the sun was not created on the first "day", so how can we be sure of the duration of the first "day "? Ah, that proves my point that a day then was longer than a day is now.

Methuselah lived for 1,000 years. I don't believe it. Ah, don't forget that a day could have been shorter then than it is now.

Surely the above represents the high water mark in creativity !

Atheists are against having beliefs, and art requires belief and passion and emotion, which atheists are against. They want "rationality"

I'm atheist, and I'm not against having beliefs.

I think the world could be better without certain beliefs, but I am not against them.

Since when has art required any sort of irrational belief anyway?

I'm atheist, and I'm not against having beliefs.

I think the world could be better without certain beliefs, but I am not against them.

Since when has art required any sort of irrational belief anyway?

Depends on what you consider art.

Atheists are against having beliefs, and art requires belief and passion and emotion, which atheists are against. They want "rationality"

What belief is required for art, other than "I'm producing something worthwhile"?

Religions teach you not to be creative, not to think for yourself, how to be a conformist, how to limit your view of the world to one narrative.

What belief is required for art, other than "I'm producing something worthwhile"?
Artists work out of passion
Religions teach you not to be creative, not to think for yourself, how to be a conformist, how to limit your view of the world to one narrative.

Yet, Michelangelo created beautiful works of art

However, as you would say, art is "unnecessary', right?

Artists work out of passion

Yet, Michelangelo created beautiful works of art

However, as you would say, art is "unnecessary', right?

What's wrong with being unnecessary? Useless things are the best. When I criticize your religious explanations of physical phenomenon as being unnecessary, that is a very specific meaning. It means that a more plausable explanation already exists. I don't deny that the church has been a benefactor of artists for a long time, but it also limited their creativity.

So whats an example of atheist art? Like the temples in India or the mosques in Syria or the churches across Europe?

What about all the magnificent skyscrapers and bridges?

Back