Muslims do not worship the "black rock" dude.

I think I can help you:

Young men want to die a suicide death of martyrdom to get to paradise,

wrong for the Koran says that:

Suicide is forbidden. "O ye who believe!... [do not] kill yourselves, for truly Allah has been to you Most Merciful. If any do that in rancour and injustice, soon shall We cast him into the Fire..." (Qur'an 4:29-30).

"Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause..." (17:33).

O ye who believe! Remain steadfast for Allah, bearing witness to justice. Do not allow your hatred for others make you swerve to wrongdoing and turn you away from justice. Be just; that is closer to true piety."

- Qur'an, Surah al-Maidah (5:8)

Because paradise is full of virgins, right?

Out of context again....the Koran says that maytrs will be surronded by "hur" meaning those that are clean and pure

Religion can get really really crazy when it's not understood fully.

I agree 100%

Alsophia Theophilos said:
Some of you guys who are really up on the Muslim/Christian thing please help guide me through this. Let me know if and where my logic goes astray.
Young men want to die a suicide death of martyrdom to get to paradise, right? Why? Because paradise is full of virgins, right? But isn't paradise eternal? If so, whatever virgins there are there will obviously remain virgins. So these poor saps who couldn't get any on earth will really suffer there, because they'll be even more horny watching all the cool chicks with never ever again getting any. Oh well. Somehow the ghost of Hassan, the old man of the mountain, seems to still be playing around. But then, he used hashish to help dupe his followers. Religion can get really really crazy when it's not understood fully. And it can get really really dangerous when it is purposely misleading. And to clarify my own feelings on the subject, I feel that Christians have shown themselves at times to be equally stupid and evil.

The quran itself doesn't say that virgins will be the reward that is in hadith (Al-Tirmidhi), the quran says you may fight against the unbelievers and gives a lovely description paradise with eternally fresh :D serving youths, and jewel encrusted thrones, out of curiosity what does anyone in heaven need with jewels :confused:

YUSUFALI: These will be those Nearest to Allah:
PICKTHAL: Those are they who will be brought nigh
SHAKIR: These are they who are drawn nigh (to Allah),

YUSUFALI: In Gardens of Bliss:
PICKTHAL: In gardens of delight;
SHAKIR: In the gardens of bliss.

YUSUFALI: A number of people from those of old,
PICKTHAL: A multitude of those of old
SHAKIR: A numerous company from among the first,

YUSUFALI: And a few from those of later times.
PICKTHAL: And a few of those of later time.
SHAKIR: And a few from among the latter.

YUSUFALI: (They will be) on Thrones encrusted (with gold and precious stones),
PICKTHAL: On lined couches,
SHAKIR: On thrones decorated,

YUSUFALI: Reclining on them, facing each other.
PICKTHAL: Reclining therein face to face.
SHAKIR: Reclining on them, facing one another.

YUSUFALI: Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness),
PICKTHAL: There wait on them immortal youths
SHAKIR: Round about them shall go youths never altering in age,

YUSUFALI: With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing fountains:
PICKTHAL: With bowls and ewers and a cup from a pure spring
SHAKIR: With goblets and ewers and a cup of pure drink;

YUSUFALI: No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication:
PICKTHAL: Wherefrom they get no aching of the head nor any madness,
SHAKIR: They shall not be affected with headache thereby, nor shall they get exhausted,

YUSUFALI: And with fruits, any that they may select:
PICKTHAL: And fruit that they prefer
SHAKIR: And fruits such as they choose,

See no virgins :D

Back