Muslims: a question

I'm sorry but if you have not experienced sexual intercourse you are a virgin, male or female. Hollywood just had a hit movie about a 40 year old male virgin. Imagine a male muslim suicide bomber getting to heaven only to find a bunch of virgin 'queer eyes for the straight guys' waiting for him.

Hello Dr Cello :)

adstar:
if the desires cease to exist in heaven, does this mean that the self ceases to exist? or free will?

Well self will not cease to exist if it does then we cease to exist. We will remain as separate entities.

But free will??? well i know from scriptures that we will change both physical and mind at the resurrection. I do not know the type of free will this change will allow.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

you might want to look into that sort of thing. it's sort of a huge point in theodicy.

Adstar:

Considering human nature, and the very reason why Solomon had so many wives (it certainly wasn't for politics), it seems exceedingly likely that he had group sex on a regular basis. Moreover, since God seemingly had no qualm with Solomon's massive sexual drive, why would he not create some sort of sensual afterlife, too?

1 Kings 3
1 Now Solomon made a treaty with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and married Pharaoh’s daughter; then he brought her to the City of David until he had finished building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall all around Jerusalem

Of course Solomon married for political reasons he took many foreign wives from the kingdoms around Israel for political purpose.

But as for Gods relationship with Solomon in the end it was not good Solomon’s foreign wives had a detrimental affect on his relationship and faith in God.

1 Kings 11
1 But King Solomon loved many foreign women, as well as the daughter of Pharaoh: women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites— 2 from the nations of whom the LORD had said to the children of Israel, “You shall not intermarry with them, nor they with you. Surely they will turn away your hearts after their gods.” Solomon clung to these in love. 3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. 4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the LORD his God, as was the heart of his father David. 5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. 6 Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not fully follow the LORD, as did his father David. 7 Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, on the hill that is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the people of Ammon. 8 And he did likewise for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

Bad things happen when you let woman go to your head, LOL Poor Solomon the wisest man the world has ever seen but in the end his wisdom did not prevent his fall.

Adstar:

A thousand different wives for political reasons? Exceedingly unlikely. Considering there would not -be- a thousand different kings anywhere near him to marry the daughters of.

dr. cello said:
you might want to look into that sort of thing. it's sort of a huge point in theodicy.

Oh i know it is a huge thing in "New Age" thinking. About everything being one or becoming one collective conscience and all that stuff, we all being part of "God" some kind of energy source. There is plenty of that kind of ummmm excrement doing the rounds these days. It’s a central part of end times deception. Mixing darkness with light.

...theodicy is not, in fact, new age thinking. it is in fact very much old. i recommend you go look up terms before you start responding and talking about philosophies i don't subscribe to.

New Age thinking is just old babylonian paganism brushed up in new psycho babble. But it the end, just like the tower of Babel it will be destroyed. I know i saw the tower being destroyed in a dream, ;)

for the love of all that is holy, go look up theodicy before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.

Adstar:

Yes. Please spare us what is woefully complete ignorance on the subject. Here's an article for you on the matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodicy

You also realize that Babylon and the Tower of Babel were different, yes? And that dreams are no more reliable information than anything else? 'Lest, of course, you are willing to claim I know the ins and outs of having sexual relations with Winona Ryder.

Thanks for the link prince. But

in a work entitled Essais de Théodicée sur la bonté de Dieu, la liberté de l'homme et l'origine du mal. The purpose of the essay was to show that the evil in the world does not conflict with the goodness of God, that, indeed, notwithstanding its many evils, the world is the best of all possible worlds

What a load of excrement. More babble from deluded people. Thank God i am ignorant of such garbage.

Adstar:

In what manner is this a "load of excrement"? How is this "garbage"? What offends you about it?

What is this attraction for virgins? Experience is overwhelmingly more satisfying.

virgins went for massive sums of money in Victorian England because STD's were so rampant. the only way to guarantee that your woman wasn't diseased was to get a virgin.

Adstar:
your ignorance is amusing like television. please continue to rant about how theodicy is excrement.

Prince_James said:
Adstar:

In what manner is this a "load of excrement"? How is this "garbage"? What offends you about it?

So you believe this world is the best of all possible worlds? I feel sorry for you if you do.

so let me get this straight. you believe that defenses against the problem of evil are invalid, excrement, and a waste of time, because this world is not the best possible world?

essentially, that because one of the many theodicies that have come up in the past, you disagree with, they are all a load of shit? you are perhaps the single most pathetic individual i have ever encountered.

Back