mormons?

Jeff 152

Registered Senior Member
i just saw the south park episode about mormons and was wondering if it was true. i saw the scientology one and was thinking to myself that it couldnt be true but then the caption "this is what scientologists actually believe" appeared and afterwards i checked it out and sure enough south park portrayed it accurately and did not exaggerate or make it more absurd.

now on the mormon episode, particularly when joseph smith wouldnt let anyone see the plates and would dictate with his head inside a hat, i thought again it had to be an exaggeration. but sure enough it was an accurate depiction.

then there was the part of the story how after the guy writing for smith hid the original translation and asked smith to translate it again to see if it matched exactly with the original (or if he was making it up it would be slightly different) but then smith said he had another revelation and would retranslate but from a slightly different story so what do ya know the story was worded slightly differently. i looked for info on this but couldnt find any. so anyone who knows about mormonism, is this true?

The wierdest thing I heard was, they pray for forgiveness of every non-mormon they are "connected to", living or ...dead.

Connected meaning as distant as, woman marries mormon, and now all her nonmormon family and ancestors are now connected.

i just saw the south park episode about mormons and was wondering if it was true. i saw the scientology one and was thinking to myself that it couldnt be true but then the caption "this is what scientologists actually believe" appeared and afterwards i checked it out and sure enough south park portrayed it accurately and did not exaggerate or make it more absurd....

I thought it was bad enough that people were using wiki as a major source, but South Park??

Why not? They're all retarded.

i have to admit i take offence to that, my father in law, mum in law all lived a mormon life, i was even in fact baptised into the mormon church and teachings and i dont think they're retarded. i dont life my life true to the mormon church anymore because for various reasons, but to say they're all retarded is just wrong.

I know I basically didn't care about Mormons til they started 'saving' the jews who had died in the Holocaust. That was VERY arrogant of them.

i have to admit i take offence to that, my father in law, mum in law all lived a mormon life, i was even in fact baptised into the mormon church and teachings and i dont think they're retarded. i dont life my life true to the mormon church anymore because for various reasons, but to say they're all retarded is just wrong.
Against all that I give you: The Osmonds.

263500~The-Osmonds-Posters.jpg

QED.

Haha, let's all laugh at mormons.

They try to live a good life - what idiots.

We don't think they're idiots because they try to live a good life. We think they're idiots because they believe Joseph Smith was able to read divine messages from God out of a hat.

No more plausible then a man filling a wooden boat with two of every one of the millions of creatures on earth and repopulating the earth after a global flood.

just saying let the mormons have their nephi and their lehi

ummm, is that a yes? i didnt want this to be a discussion on mormons i just wanted to know if that part of the story was true, nobody has answered that.

and im not using south park as a source, im questioning the validity of it as a source. however it was indeed accurate in its depiction of scientology so i believe it is probably correct but im not sure does anybody know that part of the story exactly?

Back