Morality Without God

And you know what the Universe really is, and you know it better than the theists, eh.

If you actually read the post you linked to, you'll notice that I said that theists take the profoundly incredible characteristics that I believe are inherent qualities of the universe, and assign them elsewhere. Thus, there's nothing inherently superior in the totality of my view as compared to that of the theists, since said qualities haven't actually disappeared. What you're missing here is the fact that my comments were simply designed to highlight why it is that theists tend to see the universe without God as such an inadequate place, and it's because they are failing to consider the best possible conception of it. And saying something like that is not an essentially different exercise than a theist telling an atheist that if they don't believe in God, they are necessarily working with an inferior definition of God (the superior one being inextricable from his actual existence).

Because it's not pc to say you do ...

If you believe that "theists tend to look upon the universe as if it is something much less profound than it really is," then you already presume yourself to be superior.

In that sense, I certainly believe that I hold a superior view of the true scope of physicality. If I didn't believe that, I would have discarded it. Such things are just plainly obvious. But that doesn't translate into a declaration that my philosophy is objectively superior, because I can't be certain that I'm right about any of it. And it certainly doesn't mean that I consider myself to be a superior person, which seems to be the charge you are actually trying to make.

And the fact that you're saying this, suggests that you believe that if I would comprehend what you were saying, I would agree with it and appreciate it; and that the lack of my appreciation is proof that I didn't even try to comprehend it.

Not that you would agree with it, merely that you would realize that it is not inherently nihilistic, because there is indeed intrinsic value in an eternally existent fabric that possesses all the qualities necessary for the emergence of anything and everything that can emerge, including us.

That's pc liberal nonsense.

Well, it's a core principle of mine that I genuinely try to live by. In fact the more I learn about nature, the more respect I gain for what it has given birth to. In that sense, there's nothing less miraculous about you than there is about me.

Last edited:
Bravo Rav, Bravo. Wynn for the sanity and requiem for this thread and for those of us arguing with you in this thread we ask for a very simple favor...AWNSER THE FUCKING QUIESTION! Don't try to detract from it or wiggle your way out with a straw man argument just answer the question that you have been avoiding with all the this bs since post #12.

Wynn…I find your false dichotomy to be both tragic and infuriating, WHY must their by only two choices? Does fear hold you back, does the possibility that if your wrong than what you’ve believed in for all these years to be completely false discourage you from even living without the crutch of a non-existent deity? There as many possibilities for humanity as there are stars in this galaxy alone. Not two or three but several different roads that can be parallel or even intertwined. Humanity doesn’t need an external source to give it purpose...as sentient creatures with the capabilities and resources we can decide as a species our own meaning for existence. Until that time this rule will apply.
"There is no point in life, and that is exactly what makes it so special."

Last edited:
Bravo Rav, Bravo. Wynn for the sanity and requiem for this thread and for those of us arguing with you in this thread we ask for a very simple favor...AWNSER THE FUCKING QUIESTION! Don't try to detract from it or wiggle your way out with a straw man argument just answer the question that you have been avoiding with all the this bs since post #12.

If someone asks you

"Why are you such a fucking idiot?"

do you begin by replying "I am such a fucking idiot because ..."
- ?

Wynn…I find your false dichotomy to be both tragic and infuriating, WHY must their by only two choices? Does fear hold you back, does the possibility that if your wrong than what you’ve believed in for all these years to be completely false discourage you from even living without the crutch of a non-existent deity? There as many possibilities for humanity as there are stars in this galaxy alone. Not two or three but several different roads that can be parallel or even intertwined. Humanity doesn’t need an external source to give it purpose...as sentient creatures with the capabilities and resources we can decide as a species our own meaning for existence. Until that time this rule will apply.
"There is no point in life, and that is exactly what makes it so special."

And that is the mentality that sends people on witch hunts and gets them to burn people at the stakes.
The mentality of "being right" and that one is entitled to judge others and prosecute them.

Just answer the question, please. How would it affect your life if the universe had no objective purpose or did not have a divine creator? Just answer the question that you have been dodging since post #12 This is and has been a hypothetical question.

I have no desire to enter a flame war with you at this point, in the beginning your retorts were intelligent but now you're posts are simply agitating and belittling landmines at best. Have a nice day regards SP

Back