Morality Question of the Day - 12/01/09

Is it immoral to avoid members of a race with higher murder rates?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
I'm not saying all blacks are bad or all blacks commit crime. I'm saying that if 81% of Detroit is black, even if 60% of them would want a more white neighborhood (and thus a safer one), that would be almost 1/2 of the population of Detroit. But that leaves the other 40% of blacks (hypothetically) responsible for the cities condition. And who is to say that they can't move??? No one is tying them down to that location. Work hard, get a job in a better area, and move there. I don't understand the difficulty in that.

because they can't afford to. I guess when you looked at your data you didn't notice a patterns all the safe ones are smaller and relativity affleunt towns while that dangerous ones are poorer larger cities. and guess what alpharetta which runs in to roswell is more white is not as safe explain that for youyr black people cause crime.

1) As easy or difficult as it is for anyone else. Work hard. Earn a respectable living.

2) Again, as easy or difficult as it is for any other race.

3) Who says they have to live in a black neighborhood in the first place? There are other affordable neighborhoods with descent schools.

all wrong. all based on what you wish rather than the truth.

because they can't afford to. I guess when you looked at your data you didn't notice a patterns all the safe ones are smaller and relativity affleunt towns while that dangerous ones are poorer larger cities. and guess what alpharetta which runs in to roswell is more white is not as safe explain that for youyr black people cause crime.

The same applies to Dayton, OH which is also more white than black and has a high crime rate.

But look at 95% of EITHER small or large cities and you will still find this pattern. Cities which are majorily black have higher crime rates than those of majorily white.

all wrong. all based on what you wish rather than the truth.

How is that wrong? Explain how someone, anyone in America doesn't have the same opportunities other others? Your theory has been disproven a millions of times by the black people that ARE successful.

How is that wrong? Explain how someone, anyone in America doesn't have the same opportunities other others? Your theory has been disproven a millions of times by the black people that ARE successful.

explain than how in sceintific studies people with white sounding names were to be called into interviews at a rate 50% higher than that of people with black sounding names with the same qulifications

The same applies to Dayton, OH which is also more white than black and has a high crime rate.

But look at 95% of EITHER small or large cities and you will still find this pattern. Cities which are majorily black have higher crime rates than those of majorily white.

that's because the the factors for crime tend to be higher in blacks and than whites they tend to be poorer less educated with less jobs/ less well paying jobs. before going on how black people commit more crime why don't you look at he factors for crime in the communities and compare them

No it is not as you are likely not in that race and would likely be a good candidate for a murder against you.

Let me show you what is wrong with this argument. In some countries [including India, until recently], homsexuality is an abnormality, a crime punished by the authorities. Homsexuals are punished for practising it inspite of the law, culture, environment etc. There are instances where they have been put to death for anal intercourse Do they deserve the consequences?
Of course not. But then, they didn't murder anyone. We're discussing murderers, remember?
Just because the overwhelming majority of blacks are in prison due to the laws against drugs does not mean that they made the wrong choices, it could also mean their social system sucks.
I'm sorry, but yes it does. I do agree that our drug policy is stupid and counter productive; but it's also well known that drugs are illegal and being caught using, selling, or even possessing them will land you in jail. So, in light of that fact, if you choose to flout that law; you're making bad choices.
Okay lets try it your way:

How easy is it for a black man to get a home in an upscale community?

If he cannot get one, how easy is it for him to enroll his children in an upscale school?

If he cannot, how hard is it to find a good school with the same resources in a black neighborhood?

Lets see how segregation works for the blacks.
If said black man has the money, he can do any of those things quite easily. My children go to an elite private school and, although mostly white, there are some black children there as well. The only obstacle is financial.

Now as to finding good schools in black areas............ good luck.

Last edited:
If said black man has the money, he can do any of those things quite easily

Not if the population of blacks in a white neighborhood is already at 8%, the point at which whites start feeling uncomfortable. Bythe time the population reaches 21%, half of the whites feel uncomfortable and are ready to abandon ship. That figure of 21% then is probably the proportion of black Americans who can get into a good neighborhood before they start getting steered away and can educate their children and bring them up as they really want to.

Not if the population of blacks in a white neighborhood is already at 8%, the point at which whites start feeling uncomfortable. Bythe time the population reaches 21%, half of the whites feel uncomfortable and are ready to abandon ship. That figure of 21% then is probably the proportion of black Americans who can get into a good neighborhood before they start getting steered away and can educate their children and bring them up as they really want to.
Blacks constitute only 12% of the population. Why should their numbers go as high as 21% in a particular area unless they are being steered into it?

I still don't get your logic. The stats speak for themselves. Why is everyone so afraid of admitting that blacks are more violent whites??? Take a look at this....

SAFEST CITIES IN AMERICA.

CITY WHITES BLACKS
Amherst, NY 88.40% 3.90%
Brick Township, NJ 95.80% 0.99%
Mission Viejo, CA 76.00% 1.10%
Simi Valley, CA 72.70% 1.30%
Cary, NC 79.70% 6.10%
Thousand Oaks, CA 77.70% 1.10%
Colonie, NY 90.70% 3.50%
Clarkstown, NY 76.00% 7.90%
Orem, UT 86.70% 0.00%
Sunnyvale, CA 46.50% 2.20%
Farmington Hills, MI 81.90% 6.90%
Troy, MI 81.30% 2.10%
Irvine, CA 57.00% 1.40%
Lake Forest, CA 66.70% 1.80%
Sterling Heights, MI 89.80% 1.30%
Canton Township, MI 82.30% 4.50%
Roswell, GA 75.50% 8.50%
Parma, OH 94.70% 1.10%
Provo, UT 84.00% 0.00%
Huntington Beach, CA 71.90% 0.80%

MOST DANGEROUS CITIES IN AMERICA

Most Dangerous Cities White Pop. Black Pop.

Detroit, MI 10.50% 81.60%
St Louis, MO 42.90% 51.20%
Atlanta, GA 31.30% 61.40%
Camden, NJ 7.10% 53.30%
Washington D.C. 27.80% 60.00%
Compton, CA 1.0% 40.3%
Oakland, CA 23.5% 35.7%
Baltimore, MD 31.0% 64.3%
Flint, MI 40.0% 53.3%
Gary, IN 10.1% 84.0%
Memphis, TN 33.3% 61.4%
North Charleston, SC 43.2% 49.4%
New Orleans, LA 26.6% 63.7%
Richmond, VA 37.7% 57.2%
Trenton, NJ 24.6% 52.1%
Jackson, MS 27.5% 70.6%
Birmingham, AL 23.5% 73.5%
Richmond, CA 21.2% 36.1%
Cleveland, OH 38.8% 51.0%
Philedelphia, PA 42.5% 43.2%

Now repeat your list by adding the average income of people living in these cities.

Back