Mental Instability Diagnosis of Mohammed

Originally posted by okinrus
<i><b>I will say this, okinrus, compared to all the Christians on board, you are probably the most learned.</b></i>
This depends on what area. Many of the christians on this board are way better than me at physics, math, writing or whatever subject. I appear learned only because I know how to use google effectively and I try to read original sources.
----------
M*W: If using google effectively was all it took to appear versed in a subject, then the other Christians on the forum should appear learned, too, but they don't. I was specifically stating that of all the Christians on board, I would ask for your answer involving Christianity--not those other subjects. Math and physics are beyond my realm of thought, so I don't usually think up questions for those subjects.

Regarding all the early church history (warts and all) that is readily available on the Internet, why do you as a Christian always deny or try to defend the warts of the Church? I know you think this is your holy obligation, because I walked in your shoes for a long time and I understand the fervor to protect the Church, but I'm just curious about the 2000 years of cover-ups. What is your opinion on this? Heart-to-heart, now!</b></i>
I don't try to defend or deny warts but most mistakes within the Church are due to unforseen consequences, not a motive to do wrong.
----------
M*W: I will agree with that. The intent was not to do wrong (somethings are questionable like a woman Pope, Joan), but they may have had validity AT THE TIME but were later found to be repugnant (to social mores, etc.). Like celebacy, for instance. It used to be sanctioned, then they made the priests become celebate. When I was a Catholic, I could understand this, but now, I'm not so sure. However, I did have a 'revelation' when I found the information on the early semen rituals. With all the pedophile priests getting in trouble today, I just wonder if they had learned about these early rituals at the seminary (as history), and if they were perhaps performing some of these rituals? I tend to think like a defense attorney when I get these ideas. Not that I think these perverts should get off easy, but I tend to formulate a defense in my mind of their crimes. Personally, I think they should all be strung up and their testicles cut off (ala Mussolini). But if I were a defense attorney, I would use these early rituals as part of their defense. And, yes, I'd be making beaucoup bucks to defend them.

Everneo,

No Cris, validity of all religions is not based on single individuals.
You miss the point. If it can be shown that a major religion was founded on hallucinations then all those mystics in all other religions who also claim prophetic visions must also be seriously doubted. At the moment all such visions have no factual basis, and I know that is a sweeping statement, please prove me wrong if you know an exception. If it can be shown that just ONE is a fraud then that sets a precedent for disputing the remainder.

Can a hallucinating individual can produce a work like Quran.?
Why not?

oh, may be all the poets who create great literary works were having something wrong inside their head.!
Why?

<i><b>
M*W: I will agree with that. The intent was not to do wrong (somethings are questionable like a woman Pope, Joan), but they may have had validity AT THE TIME but were later found to be repugnant (to social mores, etc.). Like celebacy, for instance. It used to be sanctioned, then they made the priests become celebate.</b></i>
I think the official position is that celebracy is a disciplin enforced by the Church and not a part of the faith. Thus, if the Church wanted to they could repeal celebracy. The problem is that most of the detractors are not even priest. In fact, many of them would repeal matters of the faith such as the Eucharist, abortion, marriage etc. Therefore, the opinions of the detractors are ignored and if any roman catholic priest wants to get married they can and do become priests in the byzantine or othodox rites.

<i><b>
With all the pedophile priests getting in trouble today, I just wonder if they had learned about these early rituals at the seminary (as history), and if they were perhaps performing some of these rituals? </b></i>
I've heard about the boston seminary being corrupted. Often, pedophiles have been abused when they were younger. However, this issue has nothing to do with celebrate priests. If celebracy was such a real problem there would be a greater collection of rape cases. The problem may be that the seminary attracts predisposed pedophiles. This can only be resolved by better screening facilities and more counciling.

Originally posted by okinrus
<i><b>
I think the official position is that celebracy is a disciplin enforced by the Church and not a part of the faith. Thus, if the Church wanted to they could repeal celebracy. The problem is that most of the detractors are not even priest. In fact, many of them would repeal matters of the faith such as the Eucharist, abortion, marriage etc. Therefore, the opinions of the detractors are ignored and if any roman catholic priest wants to get married they can and do become priests in the byzantine or othodox rites.
----------
M*W: Yes, the Church could repeal celebacy if it chose. It is looked up today as being a source of discipline for the priests, but it was sanctioned by the Church to control the assets of the priests. Back in the day when the priests married, the wives and family inherited their assets. In order to acquire more wealth, the Church instated celebacy and the Church then inherited the wealth of the priests. Now, there is also that vow of poverty. I don't suspect priests today have much wealth, at least the ones I knew (and respected) weren't well-off. But in the past, with the church and state being one and the same, priests inherited quite of bit of land and money. The Church wanted it and they made a rule that would allow them to have it.
----------
I've heard about the boston seminary being corrupted. Often, pedophiles have been abused when they were younger. However, this issue has nothing to do with celebrate priests. If celebracy was such a real problem there would be a greater collection of rape cases. The problem may be that the seminary attracts predisposed pedophiles. This can only be resolved by better screening facilities and more counciling.
----------
M*W: I think you're right about the seminary attracting predisposed pedophiles. The armed forces, for example, attracts gays. They want to be with their own gender for greater opportunities while they're seeing the world. The rate of molestation is something like 95% of the general population. Of course, we hear more about girls being molested than boys. Are there statistics on priest's childhood molestations? About screening them... If the armed forces hasn't figured out how to screen for homosexuals, I doubt the Church will ever be able to.

Thefountainhed,

Of course there is comething wrong with that-- because you have not shown that it is a fraud.
Why respect something that cannot show that it isn’t a fraud?

And if a poster belittles or insults a different religion simply because it contradicts with their beliefs-- which may or may not be religious-- they also deserve little to no respect.
I have issued no insults. One cannot belittle something that has not proven its value.

So... you are applying 'scientific' techniques to an area where it is inapplicable.
I do not know of any area where science cannot be applied. Science is the search for knowledge.

If Muhammed said he had 'visions'-- procured through divination, why do you suggest these 'visions' to be indicative of mental instability simply because they march modern behvaiour patterns consistent with SOME modern definitions of mental instability.
Firstly: If Mohammed had genuine hallucinations he would be unable to distinguish them for reality. This is part of the findings from Neurotheology. Secondly: Psychiatry has progressed significantly in the past 1500 years or more. Why would you not believe a modern medical diagnosis over one from a time of such ignorance in such matters?

Muhammed's entire behaviour is not consistent any case of mental disorder.
Read the article again and you will see you are incorrect.

It "appears"? That is nonsense. You belittle based on appearance?
There is nothing to belittle.

Even then, it does not appear any such way.
Read this article on Neurotheology. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/neuro/neuronewswk.htm

You cannot pschyoanalyze through accounts about a man who lived millenia ago.
Why not if the records of his behavior at the time are accurate?

Your analysis is also irrelevant when the followers of that religion recognize the originator as being an "aberrant."
Can’t see your point here.

What science has to say about these visions therefore is irrelevnat to them.
Ok, but so what?

You merely present them for they "seem" to validate opinions already held by you.
Fact: Islam has no factual basis. Fact: There is no proof of a deity. Fact: Hallucinations do occur. Fact: Neurotheology has shown that areas of the brain can be stimulated to generate spiritual sensations. Fact: Mohammed displayed visionary ‘fits’. Link all the facts together and it is not difficult to see a reasonable assessment of the truth behind Islam. In this instance my opinions are irrelevant.

A lack of evidence does not necessitate a substitute.
You have it backwards. When the real substitute fits all the facts then there is no reason to create an imaginary claim.

No it does not. Because you conveniently dismiss everything else outside these "aberrations".
It is not a matter of convenience, but just that there is nothing to suggest there is anything outside of the aberrations.

The mental state that would be consistent with such "mental disability" as you and the author insiuate would make Muhammed incapable of most things he did.
Clearly it didn’t. Most epileptics lead nearly very normal lives. Your claim is unsupported.

Even then, speculation on the speculative is still speculation.
I’m not entirely speculating. I’m basing the findings on the original article and the findings from Neurotheology. These appear to have a scientific basis as opposed to the unsupportable claims made by Mohammed.

Religion has never revealed a truth?? LOL. That is insane.
Then prove that a god exists, or that the supernatural exists, or that souls exist. Until you can do any of those then my assertion stands undefeated.

Cris

I offer no analysis beyond that. Although, if true the implications for Islam should be significant.
Yes.
Sad to say, this world religion espoused by more than a billion contemporary human beings, is based on a delusion.
Perhaps what I find so difficult about your topic post is that it's generally easier to allege definitive conclusions such as the above about historical figures we have no immediate connection to than it is to say the same things about the living.

Steve Jobs? Megalomaniac. George Bush? Delusional. Bill Gates? Good heavens, where to start?

We might look to the Deist heritage in the US and say the same of its founding documents and the principles derived therefrom.

It's not Thomas Jefferson that I worry about.

As to the neurotheological aspect, welcome to a dualism. It occurs in the brain therefore it cannot have an external cause?

Does it sound familiar to you if I say that if sightings of angels represent real events in the Universe, then they have a measurable effect, and the trick is to measure their presence? I'm of the mind, in the case of angels, that most incidents are indeed psychiatric events.

But if one is to perceive God at all, that perception must necessarily register in the brain, right? I mean, you can't possibly have an experience--whether real or hallucinatory--without your brain taking part.

So we've found where religious experience occurs. Whether or not it is wholly internal is an open question. Bacteria, atoms, quarks--just because we couldn't see them doesn't mean they didn't exist until we could.

What discoveries tomorrow brings? Well, we can certainly operate by the pseudo-religious presumption that humanity won't ever be surprised by the diversity of the real.

The neurotheological assertion is an interesting and largely credible idea. Just because drugs can reproduce a brain function doesn't mean that function is illegitimate. After all, my mother once worked as a pharmaceutical rep for a psych drug which carried on its record limited and unexplained incidents of some women using the drug having orgasms when they sneezed. Doesn't invalidate the idea of an orgasm, does it?

We must remember when we look at the neurotheological idea that it is merely addressing the processes inside the brain. However, by its very definition, neurotheology dares to assert concerning the highest of human irrationalities; the counterpoint to the neurotheological is simply the nature of God, a sincerely irrational proposition.

The neurotheological is definitely an important consideration, but don't go making a religion out of it.

Tiassa,

The difference of course between Gates, Jobs etc, and good ol Mohammed is that they aren’t claiming personal and very direct communication with a god. Bush on the other hand is probably a different issue.

We might look to the Deist heritage in the US and say the same of its founding documents and the principles derived therefrom.
Yet I wonder what they would have said in the light of the new knowledge we have now acquired through modern science.

As to the neurotheological aspect, welcome to a dualism. It occurs in the brain therefore it cannot have an external cause?
I think you have oversimplified and lost the message, but there are two parts though – see later.

But if one is to perceive God at all, that perception must necessarily register in the brain, right? I mean, you can't possibly have an experience--whether real or hallucinatory--without your brain taking part.
Sure but I don’t think the issue of potential unknown external influences are of any concern here.

So we've found where religious experience occurs. Whether or not it is wholly internal is an open question. Bacteria, atoms, quarks--just because we couldn't see them doesn't mean they didn't exist until we could.
No I disagree, the experience as measured appears to be entirely internal.

The neurotheological assertion is an interesting and largely credible idea. Just because drugs can reproduce a brain function doesn't mean that function is illegitimate. After all, my mother once worked as a pharmaceutical rep for a psych drug which carried on its record limited and unexplained incidents of some women using the drug having orgasms when they sneezed. Doesn't invalidate the idea of an orgasm, does it?
The orgasm analogy works well here but not for the reason you suggest.

The neurotheological phenomenon has two distinct components. The first is the experience itself which is the activation of that specific part of the brain that has now been identified, i.e. there is no external influence; it is simple brain function. The second is the trigger that sets the conditions. This has been shown to be an act of focusing like prayer, or meditation, or drugs, or electrical stimulus, or epilepsy, or brain trauma e.g. NDE.

Now you could argue that a god could be another type of trigger but that is a rather foolish idea since it is the experience itself that is being claimed as a godlike experience. The evidence shows that to have a godlike or spiritual experience there is no need for anything godlike or spiritual to exist. Unless of course one wants to argue that drug addicts are in constant contact with God.

The orgasm analogy works because you still have an internal phenomenon, a trigger and an effect. Regular orgasms are also dependent on a trigger. A simpler analogy would be sight – open your eyes (the trigger) and that part of the brain concerned with vision becomes active, close your eyes and it becomes quiescent.

The neurotheological is definitely an important consideration, but don't go making a religion out of it.
I see it as just another nail in the coffin of major religions.

Cris

Cris
The difference of course between Gates, Jobs etc, and good ol Mohammed is that they aren’t claiming personal and very direct communication with a god
I could consider this relevant if I drew a certain line and said, "It's okay to be delusional and deceptive to a certain degree, but not beyond that." And making $100 billion dollars, as Gates has, building infrastructure is a fine thing, but should we not question the basis of the vision of a delusional man with that much influence?

Jobs I worry less about because he's not poised to take over the world with his technology.

Bush ... okay, so there's one we can leave aside.
Yet I wonder what they would have said in the light of the new knowledge we have now acquired through modern science.
I wonder the same about Jesus and Mohammed. Religious revelation is always attuned to its period.
I think you have oversimplified and lost the message, but there are two parts though – see later
I'm also accounting for your neurotheology topic which, despite being interesting, you've littered with accretions and pride. Consider the part you didn't address: However, by its very definition, neurotheology dares to assert concerning the highest of human irrationalities; the counterpoint to the neurotheological is simply the nature of God, a sincerely irrational proposition.
Sure but I don’t think the issue of potential unknown external influences are of any concern here.
That's the inquisitive scientifically objective mind at work.
No I disagree, the experience as measured appears to be entirely internal.
Yes, and what is apparent is always the whole of reality? Should I give you the credit of not believing that things don't exist until we see them? (e.g. bacteria, atoms, &c.)

Because that was part of what you said you disagree with, and that would be deviant for you.
The first is the experience itself which is the activation of that specific part of the brain that has now been identified, i.e. there is no external influence; it is simple brain function.
Tell me, Cris, is "rational" an accident of circumstance that must occur in nature from time to time, or is it something more substantive?

What is the basis of rational inquiry, if not to pursue what we do not see? Again, I come back to bacteria. Or perhaps a little formula describing the gravitational interaction between bodies in the Universe?
Now you could argue that a god could be another type of trigger but that is a rather foolish idea since it is the experience itself that is being claimed as a godlike experience.
True, it is indeed foolish to expect that what we see right now is not all there is to see.
The evidence shows that to have a godlike or spiritual experience there is no need for anything godlike or spiritual to exist.
And the evidence shows that you need not have sexual activity to achieve an orgasm.
Unless of course one wants to argue that drug addicts are in constant contact with God.
Where does this come from, Cris? It seems just a little narrow minded for the scope of vision you seem to want us to respect.
I see it as just another nail in the coffin of major religions.
Well and fine. In the meantime, try learning the difference between the idea of God itself and the religions people build around it.

Your lack of understanding sticks out like a sore thumb right now, Cris. You're letting the religious folks set too many of the terms of your inquiry.

Woo-hoo. You've found some comfort against strange religion. Don't fool yourself into believing you've found any conclusive reality, though.

Of course, I see now why atheists like to cling to the idea of God being religion. You might be godless, but you're clinging to your faith as desperately as many of those you criticize.

I'd just like to see this kind of information do some good. And your religious campaign against religion is one of those occasions when such information is rendered useless by your vicious and sweeping rhetoric.

- Person A perceives Phemomenon 1
- Person A describes Phenomenon 1 to Person B
- Person C shows the errors in Person A's perception and therefore description of Phenomenon 1
- Should we, then, conclude that Phenomenon 1 never took place at all?

When you stop letting Abramic monotheists write your dictionary, Cris, you'll find that the neurotheological aspects will be helpful to many religious thinkers.

The Sufis and the Buddhists, for instance, would probably congratulate people on this "objective discovery". And they probably wouldn't bother asking what people will do with it, since history so clearly describes that they'll exploit the idea and get it wrong. But there are many who have known that the God experience must occur in the mind at least in part; just as there are many who knew that sticks and stones can break your bones and words really do hurt. Of course, how different does the idea of verbal and psychological abuse become once we have objective evidence showing the legitimacy of the resulting distress?

It's too bad atheism itself is of such a narrow mind. You see, if you combine your neurotheological issues with some issues you presently refuse to deal with--e.g. "atheism is just a small assertion" vs. "what else disappears when one converts away from God"--you might be able to build yourself a working platform toward real progress. In the meantime, your refusal to deal with certain issues leaves a six-mile gap to sail the "atheism equals unmitigated hedonism and sin" fleet through.

And at that point, it's a question of what you really want, the illusion of feeling superior, or the opportunity to put your ideas to some positive use in society.

And though it's your decision, I will campaign insofar as to say that I hope you someday come to realize the merits of the latter.

Originally posted by Cris
Interesting article that examines the mental instability of Mohammed

Nice Cris,
Your guage of mental instability must then point for stability to your own brain and instability for anyone else who thinks different than you.....Right?

By my guage, you're dillusional in the most unfruitfull and unpractical ways...You are dillusional in thinking that you have the answer to a bright future as you profess in your signature block or in thinking that your hard wired grouted selfish brain offers any importunities for improvement. Perhaps you are as dillusional as Prophet Muhammed, but the only difference is that your dillusion is utterly useless.

Last edited:
Chris:
Because of laziness and baseball playoffs, I shall be brief. I will expand after game:

You assert that if the "Science" of neurotheology finds Muhammed delusion, this discredits Islam. This is false and belittling.

1. Becuase you already assumed his mental incapacity
2. You are assuming science as the universal truth. Thus, your belief in science already clouds your mind and you cannot see that science is irrelevant and does not defraud his religion in any way. To defraud said religion, you'd have to prove that his deity does not exist. However., all you can do is say that there is no evidence that it/... does.

To defraud said religion, you'd have to prove that his deity does not exist.

Isn't it the other way round? Doesn't he have to prove his deity exists in order for his followers to believe him?

Are you saying its not possible for a mentally unstable person to convince others his delusions are real?

science is irrelevant and does not defraud his religion in any way.

Science is not required to defraud a religion. Logic and reasoning are adequate tools for that purpose. In that regard, Cris's analysis is convincing.

BAH

Isn't it the other way round? Doesn't he have to prove his deity exists in order for his followers to believe him?
No. Because that religion is not based on proof, but rather faith. One chooses to accept the religion by belief alone. The burden of proof hence falls on the skeptic.

Are you saying its not possible for a mentally unstable person to convince others his delusions are real?
I am saying no such thing! Show me where I said that.

Science is not required to defraud a religion. Logic and reasoning are adequate tools for that purpose. In that regard, Cris's analysis is convincing.
How does science defraud his religion?By saying that he cannot prove that his God exists? He says he does not have to because he believes his God exists. He followers also concur. If you claim otherwise, show that he is wrong. You cannot.

The burden of proof hence falls on the skeptic.

Skeptics question claims; their proof is the lack of evidence in the claim

By saying that he cannot prove that his God exists? He says he does not have to because he believes his God exists..

Based on that logic, anyone can make a claim for anything that has never been shown to exist. Convincing others a thing exists has nothing to do with its existence.

If you claim otherwise, show that he is wrong. You cannot.

You said it yourself, he believes his god exists - based on faith alone, he cannot be right regardless of whether gods exist or not. In other words, his claim is wrong simply because it is a faith-based claim. He may be technically right in that gods might exist but he is wrong in that he did not base his claim on the actual existence of gods.

You still miss it. The religion does not force anyone to accept anything nor do do the followers parade their belief as the truth. If you believe in the teachings, then you adhere to the teachings. Muhammed never came and said "here is my proof that my God exists." None of his followers are trying to prove that the God exists. You on the other hand are claiming that their FAITH is false. So prove it!

ptics question claims; their proof is the lack of evidence in the claim
This is nonsense. When did a lack of proof imply falseness? The skeptics also have no proof. This is not equivalent to skepticism regarding UFOs, so do do not confuse the two.

Based on that logic, anyone can make a claim for anything that has never been shown to exist. Convincing others a thing exists has nothing to do with its existence.
Whaaat? Go to first in post.

You said it yourself, he believes his god exists - based on faith alone, he cannot be right regardless of whether gods exist or not. In other words, his claim is wrong simply because it is a faith-based claim. He may be technically right in that gods might exist but he is wrong in that he did not base his claim on the actual existence of gods.
Because he bases his claim on faith, he is wrong? The science of subatomic particles relies on certain behaviours to present a theory which you call sciene. Thus, simply because certain particles are reflected when an energy beam is shone on a metallic plate, we deduce electrons. By the same logic, simply because we exist, there must have been a creator. Why? Since science bases everything on human perception, we can assert that since nothing that is perceived by man is without a cause, as we perceive ourselves, there must have been a cause. Extending further, he got images about life and the future-- he attributed this to hsi God. Show me how he is wrong using the same logic science is based on. Science is a form of faith (Q), it is about time you accepted that.

The religion does not force anyone to accept anything

Not according to Islam:

http://www.islamworld.net/condfa.html

nor do do the followers parade their belief as the truth

Wrong again:

http://www.islamworld.net/true.html

If you believe in the teachings, then you adhere to the teachings.

And you continue to adhere to the teachings even if they are wrong? That is called, “Blind Faith.”

Muhammed never came and said "here is my proof that my God exists." None of his followers are trying to prove that the God exists.

We believe that the Qur'an is Allah's word. He literally spoke it to Gabriel, who conveyed it to the Prophet, peace be upon him: "Say (O Muhammad) 'the Holy Spirit has brought it down from your Lord in truth"' (16:102); "Truly it is the revelation of the Lord of the world brought down upon your heart by the Faithful Spirit so that you may be one of the warners, in a clear Arabic tongue" (26:192-95).

You on the other hand are claiming that their FAITH is false. So prove it!

I never said that. However, a belief cannot be anything but false if it is faith alone that prescribes the belief.

When did a lack of proof imply falseness?

Again, I never said that. A lack of evidence implies a claim to be false.

The skeptics also have no proof.

You appear to be under the impression that skeptics require proof. As I stated before, they ask questions.

This is not equivalent to skepticism regarding UFOs, so do do not confuse the two.

Skepticism is the same for everything; it is the questioning of claims.

Whaaat? Go to first in post.

What about it?

Thus, simply because certain particles are reflected when an energy beam is shone on a metallic plate, we deduce electrons.

Really? I would have never made that deduction. How did you?

By the same logic, simply because we exist, there must have been a creator.

That’s not the same logic. That’s an illogical conclusion based on ignorance.

Since science bases everything on human perception, we can assert that since nothing that is perceived by man is without a cause, as we perceive ourselves, there must have been a cause. Extending further, he got images about life and the future-- he attributed this to hsi God. Show me how he is wrong using the same logic science is based on.

Science bases conclusions on observations. Since there are no observations to conclude gods exist, nothing can be attributed to gods. “Images about life and the future” are mere daydreams.

Science is a form of faith (Q), it is about time you accepted that.

LOL. How little you know about science is encapsulated in that one statement.

Not according to Islam:
http://www.islamworld.net/condfa.html

Again who is forcing you to accept that belief?

http://www.islamworld.net/true.html
Parading as truth implies scientific "truth", as you seem to believe that sciene is the universal truth.

And you continue to adhere to the teachings even if they are wrong? That is called, “Blind Faith.”
It is simply faith. Faith by nature can be blind. What relevance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We believe that the Qur'an is Allah's word. He literally spoke it to Gabriel, who conveyed it to the Prophet, peace be upon him: "Say (O Muhammad) 'the Holy Spirit has brought it down from your Lord in truth"' (16:102); "Truly it is the revelation of the Lord of the world brought down upon your heart by the Faithful Spirit so that you may be one of the warners, in a clear Arabic tongue" (26:192-95).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is this a presentation of the truth when you hold that it is not the truth based on science? The point is that he simply said that through visions he attributed to God, he received the word of God.

I never said that. However, a belief cannot be anything but false if it is faith alone that prescribes the belief.
This is you: In other words, his claim is wrong simply because it is a faith-based claim.

Again, I never said that. A lack of evidence implies a claim to be false.This is you: but he is wrong in that he did not base his claim on the actual existence of gods..

appear to be under the impression that skeptics require proof. As I stated before, they ask questions.
Maybe skeptics is misnomer as I have already stated that I do not equate those who challenge religious faith with for example, those that question UFO claims. They question these claims for example by showing that "pictures" or movies are fraudelent. When one simply asserts that your religion is false because you have no proof, it is nonsense. That religion does not require proof, for it is based on faith.

pticism is the same for everything; it is the questioning of claims.
Look above

Really? I would have never made that deduction. How did you?
Over simplification of Rutherford's method: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/dp13at.html

That’s not the same logic. That’s an illogical conclusion based on ignorance.
This is not an attack of the argument. Deduction by behaviour can imply that beause we exist, there must have been a creator. This is logic.

Science bases conclusions on observations. Since there are no observations to conclude gods exist, nothing can be attributed to gods. “Images about life and the future” are mere daydreams.
Observation, perception,s whatever. Noone can perceive subatomic particles-- yet. We deduce them. Same for a God

LOL. How little you know about science is encapsulated in that one statement
Nonsense. Show me how science is not faith based by attacking the argument put forth. If you want my scientific credentials, I can provide. I hope next time you will not spew such fallacies.

Again who is forcing you to accept that belief?

Islam. Mohammed. Allah.

you seem to believe that sciene is the universal truth

I think that science tells us how things work in the universe – gods notwithstanding.

Faith by nature can be blind. What relevance?

Should we all follow faith blindly?

The point is that he simply said that through visions he attributed to God, he received the word of God.

Hence, the spot-on analysis from Cris – mental instability, delusions, illusions.

When one simply asserts that your religion is false because you have no proof, it is nonsense. That religion does not require proof, for it is based on faith.

Then, it is entirely meaningless. If one can conjure up a faith from their imagination, what meaning does it have to anyone?

Noone can perceive subatomic particles-- yet. We deduce them. Same for a God

Interesting, you equate that which exists with that which has never been shown to exist.

Show me how science is not faith based by attacking the argument put forth.

Already did.

If you want my scientific credentials, I can provide.

By all means, tickle me pink.

I hope next time you will not spew such fallacies.

By your command.

:eek: Brickwall of Atheism

Islam. Mohammed. Allah.
And they are forcing these beliefs on you, how?

I think that science tells us how things work in the universe – gods notwithstanding.
What does science tell you about Gods? Nothing. What did science tell us of electrons hundreds of years ago? Nothing. Too far often, people attribute what science cannot explain to nonsense. That is nonsense.

Should we all follow faith blindly?
Who cares what you do? The point is that others choose to.

Hence, the spot-on analysis from Cris – mental instability, delusions, illusions.
LOL. IC

Then, it is entirely meaningless. If one can conjure up a faith from their imagination, what meaning does it have to anyone?
What I cannot stand is when people argue with subjective value. What you think is meaningful is irrelevant to the believers. Why can't you see this?

Interesting, you equate that which exists with that which has never been shown to exist.
Eeeek! Quarks, bla bla bal bla bla fucking blah. Big bang, blka blka bla bla.. all deductions. Noone has SHOWN their existence. Their existence is IMPLIED. We exist, therefore the believers IMPLY a cause. Simple. Cause and effect.Logic!

Already did.
HOW??

By all means, tickle me pink.
BSc Computer Engineering. Minors: Math & Comp Sci. [UDEL]

Masters(presetly): Cmputer Software Engineering; MBA

U want links to my research, I can likewise provide.

By your command.
I hope

Back