Loyalty v. Righteousness

Ragnarok said:
Then let it be. At least i wouldnt be raping and killing children. you sick little man
Right. And at least I wouldn't be a back-stabber. you bigoted, turncoat, insult to the human race.
Baron Max said:
If your internal ethics is so strong, then you chose your own death over that of the little kid. If your word is strong, then you killed the little kid and continue with your life of fealty.

Don't you think that loyalty and to a lesser extent, honesty have something to do with ethics? So if choosing your own death causes you to be disloyal, how can it be the ethical way?

Don't you think that loyalty and to a lesser extent, honesty have something to do with ethics?

Oh, I do, I do! Giving my word, and my honesty, is a very powerful ethic for me ...even to the point of killing that little kid without a qualm.

So if choosing your own death causes you to be disloyal, how can it be the ethical way?

Well, it can't be for me. But then there are a helluva lot of people whose ethics suck giant donkey dick, so it wouldn't necessarily be "unethical" for them. I don't believe ethics is innate, I think it's social conditioning and societal training.

...with the possible exception of lying to ones own society members, and perhaps parents killing their offspring. Those two seem to stand out in all cultures, all societies, all groups, all single humans, and anyone else I can think of.

Baron Max

Back