Love to the Dawkins

Sad? "I hope you get run over by a church van", even Hawkins was cracking up.

I think Dawkins gets turned on through hate mail like that. He must, as he's dedicated his life to killing religion, something that's unlikely he'll accomplish.

The more hate mail the better, it mean he is doing what he sets out to do. He loves it, it feeds his arrogance! And on top of all this it also proves that so called people of God are all too willing to act in an ungodly manner.

I also think he gets as much fan mail anyway. The man is a hero and many love him, including me.

I think Dawkins gets turned on through hate mail like that. He must, as he's dedicated his life to killing religion, something that's unlikely he'll accomplish.

You haven't read his books, either, I see. :rolleyes:

Yeah, try The God Delusion. That should give a hint as to his real purposes.

I'm recommending it. Surely you want people to understand Dawkins real purposes in publishing the book? Nothing like a "pop eyed hell fire preacher man" to evangelise against religion.

There is no theist that could walk away from a debate with Dawkins the winner. Dawkins is the enlightenment on legs.

Yeah, its impossible to debate theology with someone who has no idea what it means. Its like debating evolution with someone who has no idea what it means.

I think almost anyone would know more about theology than Dawkins. He keeps confusing rational thinking (aka reason) with empiricism

I'm recommending it. Surely you want people to understand Dawkins real purposes in publishing the book? Nothing like a "pop eyed hell fire preacher man" to evangelise against religion.

You can't recommend something you know nothing about. Or, is this yet another lie you wish to perpetrate?

You can't recommend something you know nothing about. Or, is this yet another lie you wish to perpetrate?

Apparently you can:

Professor Flew also takes issue with Dawkins over an allegation in the book (page 82) that 'we might be seeing something similar today in the over-publicised tergiversation of the philosopher Antony Flew, who announced in his old age that he had been converted to belief in some sort of deity (triggering a frenzy of eager repetition all around the Internet).' Flew says:"What is important about this passage is not what Dawkins is saying about Flew, but what he is showing here about Dawkins. For if he had had any interest in the truth of the matter of which he was making so much, he would surely have brought himself to write me a letter of enquiry.

What do you think of this:

"The fault of Dawkins as an academic was his scandalous and apparently deliberate refusal to present the doctrine which he appears to think he has refuted in its strongest form. Thus we find in his index five references to Einstein. They are to the mask of Einstein; Einstein on morality; on a personal God; on the purpose of life, and finally on Einstein's religious views. But he makes no mention of Einstein's most relevant report: namely, that the integrated complexity of the world of physics has led him to believe that there must be a Divine Intelligence behind it.

"An academic attacking some ideological position which s/he believes to be mistaken must of course attack that position in its strongest form. This Dawkins does not do in the case of Einstein and his failure is the crucial index of his insincerity of academic purpose and therefore warrants me in charging him with having become, what he has probably believed to be an impossibility, a secularist bigot."

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8889

I think almost anyone would know more about theology than Dawkins. He keeps confusing rational thinking (aka reason) with empiricism

You are lying because you have no idea what Dawkins thinks or knows. Keep it up, Sam. You're teaching all of us the priorities of Islam. Nice work, as you do more damage to your own religion than anyone. :thumbsup:

You are lying because you have no idea what Dawkins thinks or knows. Keep it up, Sam. You're teaching all of us the priorities of Islam. Nice work, as you do more damage to your own religion than anyone. :thumbsup:

Oh I think listening to him is much less of a waste of time and money. I don't need to read any of your books to know how you think either. :D

Back