Let University Science Labs be required to display TEN COMMANDMENTS

Any responses to my point about the Ten Commandments not seeming to apply to Lawdog's genetic research bugbears?

I personally am not nearly as much against having the Ten Commandments in courtrooms as I used to be. They are a venerable expression of humanity's unique thirst for justice and law. They ought to be a part of everybody's education, no less than Homer and Shakespeare.

Lawdog said:
Medicine Woman,
What evidence can you find of the exodus of whites out of Detroit and other cities in the 70s? Your not going to find much, especailly something that happened thousands of years ago.

As an archaeologist, and assuming that these cities were buried under two centuries of tell, I would look for strata that mark a common decline in the quality of prestige items like mirors, jewelry, metal tableware, etc. I would also note that the walls of home structures are re-plastered with less frequency. From this data, I would have to infer that a socio-ecconomic change was applied to the culture that was significant. If I had an epigraphical source, say, a 1970's era book, that claimed a "white-flight" occurred, I would be forced to agree that the evidence supports this claim.

With regard to the Exodus, there is *no* archaeological evidence for the event. We would expect to find something that supports the notion that thousands of people were displaced and on the move, yet all we have are the expected Canaanite settlements and others in the area. It appears that the Canaanite settlements that dot the region *are* the Jews. The notion that a cult of personality unified a polytheistic and tribal Canaanite culture *is* supported by evidence. It's also no coincidence that "Canaan" and "Cain" are linguistically similar.

To suggest that an event 2000 - 4000 years ago is just too old to have any archaeological and epigraphical evidence is preposterous. There are many, many events that are much older and supported by archaeological evidence. Schliemann found much of what Homer described, even if Homer's stories were legend and mythology. The settlement of Catalhouyouk in Turkey (ancient Anatolia) dates well beyond old testament mythology... yet we have a suprisingly clear picture of how they lived.

well written answer...worthy of thought.

Cain and Canaan are perhaps not linguistically the same. Canaan was a separate descendant in scripture.

I think that one needs to somehow relate scriptural accounts to archeology, but give scripture the benefit of the doubt, because, the hebrews were not writing mythology.

Are you really an archeologist?

PLEASE EXAMINE THIS SITE
http://www.varchive.org/dag/reconst.htm

Last edited:
Back