Lawyers

Telemachus:

Lawyers aren't suing Sea world.

Its pseudoprogressives who use gay terms like "rights" and "self-esteem" suing Sea World.

Auraca:

Don't tell me other's misery doesn't make your smoothie taste sweeter.

Its not just lawyers that feed at that trough-- everyone in this thread does.

Can you make your 2 sentences clear for my understanding

With used cars ask for the carfax. But if your going to pay an arm and leg for a lawyer, what's the best way to make sure your getting what you paid for?

When your life's on the line I'm sure every lawyer joke you've ever heard will come back to haunt you.:D

I am to old to go to jail, and if I go , There is free food free clothing , free medical attention and free room and board , it is retirement

You are right , 8 hour visit a clinic it cost 8.400.00 I told them that is a bank robbery.

When you agree to pay the money it's because it usually beats the alternative choice. The real tragedy happens when you can't afford to pay. Court appointed lawyers are not usually as smart as the DA who wants to convict you even if your not guilty.

Gendanken:
Don't tell me other's misery doesn't make your smoothie taste sweeter.

Its not just lawyers that feed at that trough-- everyone in this thread does.

Schadenfreude is not something I have, or even understand. Brain does not compute.

Only if I bear a personal grudge...and the person really has to have worked hard at p*ssing me off.

arauca:
Can you make your 2 sentences clear for my understanding
You're too old to go to jail....yet you cannot understand what I wrote?

Kill:
When you agree to pay the money it's because it usually beats the alternative choice. The real tragedy happens when you can't afford to pay
No, there is no alternative choice.

The system is rigged to where one is forced to hire a lawyer for something as simple as child support hearings.
That's the judicial system at work -- the Barr association has nothing to do with that.

Lawyers pay thousands and put in hundreds of hours and years of hard work to become what they are-- who are any of you to take that away from them?

Chimp:
Schadenfreude is not something I have, or even understand. Brain does not compute.
Actually, every last one of these people knocking on lawyers for being lawyers is schadenfreude.

That was my point.

When you agree to pay the money it's because it usually beats the alternative choice. The real tragedy happens when you can't afford to pay. Court appointed lawyers are not usually as smart as the DA who wants to convict you even if your not guilty.

I did not have any thing to agree they went to medicare and medicare paud the bill . They sent me additional two bills one for 109.00 and for medical 375. 00 I definitively I will not pay let them send bills into my trash bin, after collecting 8400.00 for 8 hours

Actually, every last one of these people knocking on lawyers for being lawyers is schadenfreude.

Meh, I just would like them to behave honorably, is all.
I also observe that lawyers write those portions of the law which are not decided by court precedent...
This may not always be a good thing.
Probably for the best in a majority of occasions, though.

The one lawyer I am acquainted with is frustrated that he has to do something very corporate-y to pay off his student loans. He'd rather be fighting for the rights of the under-represented.
But when you have a 50K debt over your head... Gotta suck it up and hustle for the man.

arauca:

You're too old to go to jail....yet you cannot understand what I wrote?

Kill:

No, there is no alternative choice.

The system is rigged to where one is forced to hire a lawyer for something as simple as child support hearings.
That's the judicial system at work -- the Barr association has nothing to do with that.

Lawyers pay thousands and put in hundreds of hours and years of hard work to become what they are-- who are any of you to take that away from them?

Chimp:

That was my point.

Please stop crying ,I don't feel sorry for your

arauca:
Please stop crying ,I don't feel sorry for your
For my what, Beevis?

And the only time I cry is over
(a) spilled vodka
(b) price of gas
(c) the little Chinese girl not dying
(d) the chore that is Fucking
(e) reading "Back Street"
(f) and finding out Zola was smothered to death

Chimp:
I also observe that lawyers write those portions of the law which are not decided by court precedent...
This may not always be a good thing.
No, congress does that.

Lawyers only translate proposed bills into legislature.
Explain what you mean.

Meh, I just would like them to behave honorably, is all.
Allright, but why don't we bash janitors and cashiers?

Why the vilification of high paying professions like doctors and lawyers?
How many people go around bashing nurses, for example?

Those women are incredibly overpaid, yet its the doctor maligned for having a Mercedes.

But when you have a 50K debt over your head... Gotta suck it up and hustle for the man.
Nurses have huge debts as well. Believe it or not, but it costs alot of money for the privelege of wiping sick people and changing their bed pans.

Is paying her debt off 'hustling' as well?
And I don't believe it cost a mere 50k for law school.

Shakespeare had the right idea: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Alex:
Shakespeare had the right idea: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
That was sarcasm.

Its a line from Henry VI, in response to an idiot pretender to the throne named Cade whose every dystopic idea is being mocked by Smith-- the person who said that line.

In other words, killing all the lawyers, to him, is a stupid idea that he's mocking Cade with.

They have power. It may be earned power in context, but nonetheless, power. It's not necessarily a really answerable power, and a doctor or lawyer, through medical or legal bad practice, can ruin your life. Or they can just take your money and not do what they said they would, a la shifty auto mechanics.

Those women are incredibly overpaid, yet its the doctor maligned for having a Mercedes.

I've seen what RN's do, I politely disagree. Nursing homes...senile people are accidents waiting to fall over and fracture a hip. And staffing is generally stretched to the max everywhere. Nurses work hard.
As for doctors...my own take on that is I get tired of being disregarded by residents who still think that one size fits all, and that because they have been through medical school they don't need to listen to me. This has led to, among other things, them not taking a good medical history on me, and since I was running a low-grade fever at the time, I did not bust them on it. At this point I try to show up with my entire case file on me, CT scans included...

True they have superior medical knowledge. I live with my conditions 24-7. Not listening to me carefully is a failure to gather information.

The young lawyer is actually an old friend of my wife's and has been out of law school for several years, so he's hustled some of that debt off already.

Last edited:
Not all lawyers are bad. However, this profession has set up a situation where the fox is in charge of the chicken coop. This creates a criminal situation that can be called legal since the fox makes it own rules.

Picture if used car salesmen were in charge of the rules that govern themselves and we all have to abide by these rules. Would that make them more trust worthy? How often do lawyers sue other lawyers for malpractice since this is done in medicine all the time? The fox are carful.

Politicians makes laws, with most polititianslawyers. Every new law creates jobs for lawyers. There is no outside mechanism to police this. Defensive lawyers give most of their support to democrats, who just so happen to make the most laws and regulations. There is cause and effect here.

It is not that all lawyers are bad, but without outside checks and balances, it becomes tempting to go to other side. But by law this can be called good and ethical.

You can not lie in court unless you are a lawyer. That is called defense. A witness can not use the same tactics as a lawyers, since it that is the law. Even if your client in guilty you can say he I is innocent since lawyers can lie. Lawyers should have to take an oath in court also, with jail time possible for lying. But when the fox is in charge of the chicken coop, lying can be made legal.

Maybe science can oversee the legal profession, make sure there is cause and effect and no conflict of interests. They can set rules that include jail time and suing lawyers for malpractice based on waste, cost and results. But with the fox in charge, this soul de illegal.

Not all lawyers are bad. However, this profession has set up a situation where the fox is in charge of the chicken coop. This creates a criminal situation that can be called legal since the fox makes it own rules.

Picture if used car salesmen were in charge of the rules that govern themselves and we all have to abide by these rules. Would that make them more trust worthy? How often do lawyers sue other lawyers for malpractice since this is done in medicine all the time? The fox are carful.

Politicians makes laws, with most polititianslawyers. Every new law creates jobs for lawyers. There is no outside mechanism to police this. Defensive lawyers give most of their support to democrats, who just so happen to make the most laws and regulations. There is cause and effect here.

It is not that all lawyers are bad, but without outside checks and balances, it becomes tempting to go to other side. But by law this can be called good and ethical.

You can not lie in court unless you are a lawyer. That is called defense. A witness can not use the same tactics as a lawyers, since it that is the law. Even if your client in guilty you can say he I is innocent since lawyers can lie. Lawyers should have to take an oath in court also, with jail time possible for lying. But when the fox is in charge of the chicken coop, lying can be made legal.

Maybe science can oversee the legal profession, make sure there is cause and effect and no conflict of interests. They can set rules that include jail time and suing lawyers for malpractice based on waste, cost and results. But with the fox in charge, this soul de illegal.

You are nice and polite referring to legal lairs ( lawyers ) It is disgusting how they advertise their service , In the past they were called ambulance chasers to sue someone in a car accident and yes they are parasite in a traffic court room , they don't have to go in line like any body . The judge which is an other lawyer let them go ahead , while the suckers have to stay in line. The bastards encourage you to plead guilty, for lower fine , by rhe end you come out fine plus court cost it would be cheaper not to hire the bastard . Sorry

Well, since lots of politicans are lawyers, and very few used to be a used car salesman, and politicans are assholes, you know where I am going with this...

Well, since lots of politicans are lawyers, and very few used to be a used car salesman, and politicans are assholes, you know where I am going with this...

And if the used car salesman could be a lawyer, don't you think they would be?:D

[

Allright, but why don't we bash janitors and cashiers?

How many people go around bashing nurses, for example?
. We do . Builders too . We bash em all . Professionals bash blue collar .
They call us stupid .
You should see what road workers call nurses. Your not privy to that so I can't tell you . The Flag Girls would kill Me if I did . Zip goes the lip

Back