Journey to the Center of The Yellowstone Caldera

I stand corrected on the MDI issue. It appears by NASA's description the hottest layer in the sun is the outer fringe of the radiative zone. That's right. I'd forgotten the central core of the sun is the coldest area in the star. How silly of me. :D

I stand corrected on the MDI issue. It appears by NASA's description the hottest layer in the sun is the outer fringe of the radiative zone. That's right. I'd forgotten the central core of the sun is the coldest area in the star. How silly of me. :D

Frogive me but it is difficult to tell sometime with the written word - are you joking?

And, yes, I had forgotten that was from the MDI, but I don't have time to do a frantic search for the original citation downloaded in 2000. I believe someone has their representational colors backwards. NASA is good but they aren't perfect and they are on a budget. Common sense should say the slower traveling waves would be red not blue.

The red band is the cooler, or slower velocities, otherwise if blue were the slower, the heart of the sun would be the cooler and that would be absurd.

BTW... The CBS News is telling us about a solar storm we just had. Guess I missed that one. I said around Mar 17 or 19th, so at best I was 10 days off. They are talking like this one is intense enough to knock out communications. If it is, then I get to say I was right. If it doesn't, will good.

I picked up a book at the library today. It's one of an old set by Grolier copyrighted 2004. It has a NASA illustration of what I defined as a ditoroid field. It is not captioned ditoroid field, it is an example helpful to describe one. The Book is "Space Science: Sun and Solar System. by Knapp" Page 52. It depicts the sun as the epicenter of a dispheroid field. The spheroids, however, would likely have axial fields of their own, thus toruses or ditoroids. Actually one simulation of a ditoroid transformation field would be an RF choke. They are wirewound on a ceramic core, two inline rings of energy.

Well... let's hope the power grid fuses don't blow...

And, yes, I had forgotten that was from the MDI, but I don't have time to do a frantic search for the original citation downloaded in 2000. I believe someone has their representational colors backwards. NASA is good but they aren't perfect and they are on a budget. Common sense should say the slower traveling waves would be red not blue.

The red band is the cooler, or slower velocities, otherwise if blue were the slower, the heart of the sun would be the cooler and that would be absurd.

No offence intended (well maybe a little), do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Go back and read the original caption of the picture, read our responses to you and read the source I put in if you like, and show me where anyone says that the center of the sun is cooler than the other areas. Read very carefully!

BTW... The CBS News is telling us about a solar storm we just had. Guess I missed that one. I said around Mar 17 or 19th, so at best I was 10 days off. They are talking like this one is intense enough to knock out communications. If it is, then I get to say I was right. If it doesn't, will good.

You are counting that as an accurate prediction? +/- 10 days, gee don't make it too difficult on yourself. If you pick the 15th of each month you will have better than a 66% chance of hitting just with random flares.:D

The geomagnetic storm that is waining now is from the CME that was ejected on march 4th. There was a larger xray burst on march 6th that indicates we should be hit by a larger CME tomorrow probably. We can expect a higher Kp from this next one - hopefully we will get a good aurora.

No offence intended (well maybe a little), do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Go back and read the original caption of the picture, read our responses to you and read the source I put in if you like, and show me where anyone says that the center of the sun is cooler than the other areas. Read very carefully!

It [your source] says effectively that red is hot and blue is not so hot. I'm wondering how your responses can be so void of the comprehension that this is an axiom of errancy fundamental to your entire argument.

It never really mattered so much whether you agree with my theory in this or not. Whaty I was hoping for was someone who would say something about the ground water in that area. From what I can find most recently another aquifer was found. I had hoped (and asked) for a link to the USGS ground water maps online as they have eluded me. Stuff like that.

It [your source] says effectively that red is hot and blue is not so hot. I'm wondering how your responses can be so void of the comprehension that this is an axiom of errancy fundamental to your entire argument.

Sorry I assumed english was your primary language.

Here is the quote from the picture with some highlights and explanations:

Concentric layers in a cutaway image show oddities in the speed of sound in the deep interior of the Sun, as gauged by two instruments on the SOHO spacecraft...

The speed of sound through the sun was measured with the SOHO spacecraft.

...In red coloured layers, sound travels faster than predicted by the theories, implying that the temperature is higher then expected...

...In blue coloured layers the sound speed is lower than expected, and temperatures are lower too...

What this means is that blue is colder THAN EXPECTED and red is hotter THAN EXPECTED. In absolute terms the blue area can be hotter than the red area. So again blue MEANS COLDER THAN EXPECTED. And red MEANS HOTTER THAN EXPECTED. This pictures tells us NOTHING at all about the actual temperatures.

If you still cannot understand what I am saying let me know what your native language I can try to use an online translator to help you out.

Sorry I assumed english was your primary language.

Here is the quote from the picture with some highlights and explanations:

The speed of sound through the sun was measured with the SOHO spacecraft.

What this means is that blue is colder THAN EXPECTED and red is hotter THAN EXPECTED. In absolute terms the blue area can be hotter than the red area. So again blue MEANS COLDER THAN EXPECTED. And red MEANS HOTTER THAN EXPECTED. This pictures tells us NOTHING at all about the actual temperatures.

If you still cannot understand what I am saying let me know what your native language I can try to use an online translator to help you out.

You are failing to understand what I'm telling you is that this SOHO image has been around since 1996 though not published online prior to 2000. That publication from SOHO stated pretty much the opposite. It isn't a matter of understanding your updated version, it's a matter of which is valid. But that's only for an insignificant matter compared to the issue "Does a magnetic core exist in the sun's central layers?" "Do these deeper magnetic fields have anything to do with exchange of energy Through that middle layer?"

You are failing to understand what I'm telling you is that this SOHO image has been around since 1996 though not published online prior to 2000. That publication from SOHO stated pretty much the opposite. It isn't a matter of understanding your updated version, it's a matter of which is valid. But that's only for an insignificant matter compared to the issue "Does a magnetic core exist in the sun's central layers?" "Do these deeper magnetic fields have anything to do with exchange of energy Through that middle layer?"

The dodging and weaving leads me to believe that you have figured out that you were misreading the information on the graphic.

So hopefully we can return to you supplying any evidence that CME come from the core or admitting that there is none, and this is just your suspicions.

I used to argue with a crank who would, with great vigor and large font, refer to a graph of solar activity, in a a paper called Variations of solar coronal hole area and terrestrial lower
tropospheric air temperature from 1979 to mid-1998: astronomical forcings of change in earth’s climate?

It took a while before it was pointed out to him that he was reading the graph upside-down, and it was actually falsifying his claims.

I used to argue with a crank who would, with great vigor and large font, refer to a graph of solar activity, in a a paper called Variations of solar coronal hole area and terrestrial lower
tropospheric air temperature from 1979 to mid-1998: astronomical forcings of change in earth’s climate?

It took a while before it was pointed out to him that he was reading the graph upside-down, and it was actually falsifying his claims.

Thats a hoot.:D

BTW... NASA's scare yesterday turned out to be just that. Power and communications are fine here.

Trot out to the library and get that grade schooler's book. Look at that illustration about the Oort sphere-cloud. I don't feel comfortable scanning and uploading from the book, even though all the images are from NASA.

Trot out to the library and get that grade schooler's book. Look at that illustration about the Oort sphere-cloud. I don't feel comfortable scanning and uploading from the book, even though all the images are from NASA.

Why are you talking about the Oort cloud now?:shrug:

Why aren't you talking about the hot magnetic core?

I assume that the entire sun is the reason for the magnetic field. The sun is made of plasma which are charged ions. Moving charges produce magnetic fields. The core has charged ions therefore it is safe to assume that the core produces a magnetic field. The outer radius of the sun is moving faster and also is composed of ions so that is also producing a magnetic field. The core moves slower and is denser and the outer layers move faster but are less dense. All of the moving charges add to the magnetic field. Which has a greater affect I do not know. The overall magnetic field of the sun is not that high - about 1 gauss.

The convection zone of the sun has smaller very rapidly moving ions that can produce incredibly large local magnetic field which are responsible for sunspots and flares.

Back