jesus will save you.. *roar*

SnakeLord

snakeystew.com
Valued Senior Member
From today's newspaper:

'A lion attacked a religious nut yesterday after the man clambered into its zoo enclosure yelling: "Jesus will save you!"

The guy got semi-eaten, but nothing too serious.

Now for the question:

How can any believing christian claim that this man is insane, delusional, or a nutbag etc?

I mean, how do you guys define the difference between sanity and insanity when concerning god/jesus?

To a large majority of us, you are no less insane than this guy is reported to be - and yet, just like him, you'll sit there believing you are "normal".

This guy was "promoting" jesus, just as you guys do, and although his audience has larger teeth, does that make the message any less important?

He later said that "god made him do it", and how could any christian here, who also hears god telling them things, and to do things, (even though the action will vary), claim that god didn't say such a thing to this person? How can you without appearing like the world's greatest hypocrite, condemn this man as delusional, or claim him a liar when you say exactly the same things, but just with a different outcome?

Does this not give us the right to call you liars and nutbags?

Let's give it a test run...

"You're all delusional lying nutbags"

Would anyone like to dispute that claim? I wonder if the guy from the zoo would dispute such a claim.

you do realise, you'll have c20 on here in a minute, to not answer the question, and to preach a parable with no point, just to change the point of the thread, and then say jesus loves you. now theres a delusional lying nutbag.

Snakelord - From today's newspaper:

'A lion attacked a religious nut yesterday after the man clambered into its zoo enclosure yelling: "Jesus will save you!"

The guy got semi-eaten, but nothing too serious.

Now for the question:

How can any believing christian claim that this man is insane, delusional, or a nutbag etc?

I mean, how do you guys define the difference between sanity and insanity when concerning god/jesus?

To a large majority of us, you are no less insane than this guy is reported to be - and yet, just like him, you'll sit there believing you are "normal".

This guy was "promoting" jesus, just as you guys do, and although his audience has larger teeth, does that make the message any less important?

Response by C20 - This guy didn't listen to Jesus. Jesus said "Do not put the Lord thy God to the test"

He later said that "god made him do it"

Response by C20 - Accuser, Adversary, Satan

, and

(c20's note - Snakelord uses , 'and' which is blatantly accusatory but its one for the analysts among you)

how could any christian here, who also hears god telling them things, and to do things, (even though the action will vary), claim that god didn't say such a thing to this person?

Response by C20 - I have already done it.

How can you without appearing like the world's greatest hypocrite, condemn this man as delusional, or claim him a liar when you say exactly the same things, but just with a different outcome?

Response by C20 - His own words define his judgement. He is not ours to judge.

Does this not give us the right to call you liars and nutbags?

Response by C20 - Everything is permissable for you, just not everything is beneficial.

Let's give it a test run...

"You're all delusional lying nutbags"

Response by C20 : *Silence*

Would anyone like to dispute that claim? I wonder if the guy from the zoo would dispute such a claim.

c20 perhaps the man read a different scripture before he jumpedn. "With God all things are possible."
- Matthew 29:26
The Lord is good to all.
- Psalm 145:6
For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9
The fear of man was to be upon every beast
Gen 9:2

put then again he could have read
The fear of man is not upon the lion
Prov 30:30

and he might not have been delusional lying nutbag

Response by C20 - This guy didn't listen to Jesus. Jesus said "Do not put the Lord thy God to the test"

What are you chatting about? god told him to do it, and as the large majority of christians will claim, god does test people. Nobody has put god to the test, god put him to the test.

Response by C20 - Accuser, Adversary, Satan

Oh for the love of leprechauns. Not only is that not an answer, but indeed evidence to prove the case that you're all delusional lying nutbags, but it doesn't even take the question into account. Try again.

(c20's note - Snakelord uses , 'and' which is blatantly accusatory but its one for the analysts among you)

Actually 'and' blatantly shows another question is to follow. I dare you to ask several questions in a row without using the word "and". Kindly stop being silly, it's aiding the conclusion that you're a deusional nutbag.

Response by C20 - I have already done it.

The question has no interest in what you've done, but how you can do it without coming across as a complete hypocrite. Kindly pay attention.

Response by C20 - His own words define his judgement. He is not ours to judge.

What is this supposed to mean? And how comes he is not yours to judge, when you managed just fine judging me in another thread?

Response by C20 - Everything is permissable for you, just not everything is beneficial.

And apparently question evading is permissable, although not particularly noble.

Better to keep quiet and let everyone think you're an idiot, than open it and remove all doubt.

Ring a bell anyone?

Luke 4:9-13

9 And he {the devil} led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,' 11 and, 'ON {their} HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.' " 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.' " 13 When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Him until an opportune time.

Luke 8:4-21

4 When a large crowd was coming together, and those from the various cities were journeying to Him, He spoke by way of a parable: 5 "The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road, and it was trampled under foot and the birds of the air ate it up. 6 "Other {seed} fell on rocky {soil,} and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture. 7 "Other {seed} fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it and choked it out. 8 "Other {seed} fell into the good soil, and grew up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great." As He said these things, He would call out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 9 His disciples {began} questioning Him as to what this parable meant. 10 And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest {it is} in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. 11 "Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God. 12 "Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved. 13 "Those on the rocky {soil are} those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no {firm} root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 "The {seed} which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of {this} life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 "But the {seed} in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance. 16 "Now no one after lighting a lamp covers it over with a container, or puts it under a bed; but he puts it on a lampstand, so that those who come in may see the light. 17 "For nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor {anything} secret that will not be known and come to light. 18 "So take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him {more} shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him." 19 And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. 20 And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." 21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

c20H25N3o said:
His disciples {began} questioning Him as to what this parable meant. 10 And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest {it is} in parables, so that SEEING THEY MAY NOT SEE, AND HEARING THEY MAY NOT UNDERSTAND. 11 "Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God. 12 "Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved. 13 "Those on the rocky {soil are} those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no {firm} root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 "The {seed} which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of {this} life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 "But the {seed} in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance. 16 "Now no one after lighting a lamp covers it over with a container, or puts it under a bed; but he puts it on a lampstand, so that those who come in may see the light. 17 "For nothing is hidden that will not become evident, nor {anything} secret that will not be known and come to light. 18 "So take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him {more} shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him." 19 And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. 20 And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." 21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

So in other words, Jesus purposely spoke in parables so that some may not see and understand. And what is the punishment for not seeing and understanding Jesus?

The verses you quote refer to potential possibilities after hearing the Christian message. These things, I'm guessing, were happening when those verses were written. Everyone has a reaction to things. Rejection, acceptance than rejection, etc. Christianity is not much different in that regard than other religions or philosophies, in my opinion.

9 And he {the devil} led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,' 11 and, 'ON {their} HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.' " 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.' " 13 When the devil had finished every temptation, he left Him until an opportune time.

This is of no relevance. We have already established that god was testing the man, not vice versa. You even show it, and support it with your very next biblical quote. et me re-quote it for you now:

"But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

This man heard the word of god and did it. As such, he has done what he was supposed to do without question, without fearing for his life, without questioning this great god of his.

You obviously concur with this, so all my questions stand and remain unanswered.

Funny, but sad... this guy thought his faith could save him. Let's see how much a prayer works when jumping off a cliff! This guy didn't know God, and he didn't know himself but I believe that one who is as pure as Jesus would not be attacked by a lion, but Jesus would off course know for sure whether or not god is putting him to a test. I believe certain animals like lions can somehow "feel" how a person is and they attack if they are "sinful" (or something). God would not put Jesus to a test which is not good for him, that's why Jesus didn't jump of a cliff when SATAN tested him. I believe this guy was actually tested by "satan", he wanted "to see if his lord could save him", sadly I think he obeyed satan. That is if there wasn't any "higher meaning" trying to play with a lion...

SnakeLord said:
From today's newspaper:...Would anyone like to dispute that claim? I wonder if the guy from the zoo would dispute such a claim.
It would be useful if a link to the full, readable, article or the article itself could be presented. Or are we just blowing off steam? Hisssss?

what768 said:
Funny, but sad... this guy thought his faith could save him. Let's see how much a prayer works when jumping off a cliff! This guy didn't know God, and he didn't know himself but I believe that one who is as pure as Jesus would not be attacked by a lion, but Jesus would off course know for sure whether or not god is putting him to a test. I believe certain animals like lions can somehow "feel" how a person is and they attack if they are "sinful" (or something). God would not put Jesus to a test which is not good for him, that's why Jesus didn't jump of a cliff when SATAN tested him. I believe this guy was actually tested by "satan", he wanted "to see if his lord could save him", sadly I think he obeyed satan. That is if there wasn't any "higher meaning" trying to play with a lion...

Satan tricked the man to make Christians look stupid. It served the atheists well or so it seemed to them until now.

This guy didn't know God, and he didn't know himself

What position of validity allows you to make such a claim? That's the question.

I believe certain animals like lions can somehow "feel" how a person is and they attack if they are "sinful" (or something).

Yeah, I mean.. who buys all that 'animals being hungry' nonsense? Or for that matter 'animals attacking intruders' garbage? Man how stupid are they, I much prefer the "animals can feel how sinful a person is"..

Lol, ffs.. you guys just get worse.

God would not put Jesus to a test which is not good for him, that's why Jesus didn't jump of a cliff when SATAN tested him.

What has this got to do with testing jesus, satan or cliffs? We're talking about god telling Chen. Try to remember that heh.

I believe this guy was actually tested by "satan"

What gives you this belief, and how can you support it? What makes this more valid than him actually being tested by god?

he wanted "to see if his lord could save him"

You have no validity with which to make such a claim. god told him to do it, so he did it - as instructed to in the bible by gods own words. Surely he passed aswell considering that the lion didn't kill him? Ye of such little faith... He obviously had enough for all of you. He walked into a lions cage, got bitten and calmly walked out. That is the image of someone with complete trust, complete faith - not a lack of. Ye heathens..

Isn't it about time you repented for doubting god, while this man showed true courage where you would have obviously faltered? Should you also not repent for passing the grace and power of god off as satans work? How dare you do such a thing.

Absolute bunch of hypocrites.

sadly I think he obeyed satan

Why? Surely if it was a trick of satan, the man would now be in the local morgue? Instead, this man had faith in god, and got through it in one piece.

So, justify your claim if you can.

Satan tricked the man to make Christians look stupid.

Well, some christians certainly look stupid, and more so hypocritical. I wonder how many times you pass off the glory of god as the work of the devil. While he is apparently forgiving, It'd probably piss him off just a tad that you doubt him with such unwavering sincerity.

It served the atheists well or so it seemed to them until now.

Maybe he wasn't testing the man in the lions cage. Maybe he was testing you instead.

Did you pass?

The man who entered the lion cage may have or may have not been insane. It dos not matter what his mental state at the time was because it is not for us to put our God to the test.

I believe that God decided when i shall die and how i shall die. I believe He will keep me from harm IF it is in His will to keep me from harm. But if me being harmed serves His purpose then so be it.

This man who jumped into the lion cage was putting his God to the test trying to force Gods intervention, his thinking is not right with God. He survived the mauling So God did not want him to die at that time. So maybe he will learn something or maybe he will not.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

SnakeLord said:
What position of validity allows you to make such a claim? That's the question.

Yeah, I mean.. who buys all that 'animals being hungry' nonsense? Or for that matter 'animals attacking intruders' garbage? Man how stupid are they, I much prefer the "animals can feel how sinful a person is"..

Lol, ffs.. you guys just get worse.

What has this got to do with testing jesus, satan or cliffs? We're talking about god telling Chen. Try to remember that heh.

What gives you this belief, and how can you support it? What makes this more valid than him actually being tested by god?

You have no validity with which to make such a claim. god told him to do it, so he did it - as instructed to in the bible by gods own words. Surely he passed aswell considering that the lion didn't kill him? Ye of such little faith... He obviously had enough for all of you. He walked into a lions cage, got bitten and calmly walked out. That is the image of someone with complete trust, complete faith - not a lack of. Ye heathens..

Isn't it about time you repented for doubting god, while this man showed true courage where you would have obviously faltered? Should you also not repent for passing the grace and power of god off as satans work? How dare you do such a thing.

Absolute bunch of hypocrites.

Why? Surely if it was a trick of satan, the man would now be in the local morgue? Instead, this man had faith in god, and got through it in one piece.

So, justify your claim if you can.

Well, some christians certainly look stupid, and more so hypocritical. I wonder how many times you pass off the glory of god as the work of the devil. While he is apparently forgiving, It'd probably piss him off just a tad that you doubt him with such unwavering sincerity.

Maybe he wasn't testing the man in the lions cage. Maybe he was testing you instead.

Did you pass?

God is love. He doesn't put me to the test because He is not a hypocrite.

c20 said:
God is love. He doesn't put me to the test because He is not a hypocrite.

Theological doctrines:

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17/ Jer 15:6
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28
6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
10. God is not a hypocrite.
the preacher 1:1
11. God is a hypocrite.
the preacher 1:2

the last one 10/11 if you care to read the bible is not there, I put that one in ok.
there hundreds more, hypocritical statements in the bible ok.

the bible is infallible c20, you said so yourself.

And when you discern the Spirit of the Word you will know that it is infallible.
It is a terrible shame that you strip out the context of the scripture that you quote but maybe you truly do not understand it as yet. I cannot believe that one would be so fallacious with eyes open.

Back