Isn't being an Atheist a religion?

Yet anytime somebody claims X is true, it is because they "think" it is.

The you should make this clear for yourself.

As it reads, that's not what you're claiming. You are claiming that you are expressing a definitive answer, ie, that is the way it is.

The you should make this clear for yourself.

As it reads, that's not what you're claiming. You are claiming that you are expressing a definitive answer, ie, that is the way it is.
No that is why I am expressing definitive answers. For everything you "think" is definitively true, you express them as definitive.

Unless it is true. Then they KNOW it is true.
Anytime somebody "knows" something is true, it's because they "think/believe" it is true. There are 2 necessities for knowledge about something. One of them is to believe it is true.

No that is why I am expressing definitive answers. For everything you "think" is definitively true, you express them as definitive.

Which directly contradicts what you just admitted to.

I'll make it simple: either you're saying you think X or you're saying X is.

The two are not necessarily the same thing. Make up your mind.

There are 2 necessities for knowledge about something. One of them is to believe it is true.

But it is still true regardless if anyone believes it or not. And really we basically have two states of reality: True and False. Anything else just hasnt happened yet and then you get into probabilities.

Right. Hence:

If I think X is difinitively true, then I may say (claim) X is difinitively true. If I don't think X is true, then I cannot say "X is definitively true". However, I can say "I think X is true".

Feel free to make sense anytime.

It was a simple disjunction:

either you're saying you think something is the case, or you're saying it is the case.

Pick one.

either you're saying you think something is the case, or you're saying it is the case.
Almost. I'm saying:
If I state that it is the case, then it's because I'm in a state of belief about the case.
If I state that I believe it is the case, then it's likely I'm in a state of inconclusion.

As such:
If I see somebody saying that Earth is flat, I will say "Wrong MFer!" I'm not going to say "I think Earth is not flat."

Yet again you can't answer a simple question..... sigh

Nonetheless, I do get your point here:

Almost. I'm saying:
If I state that it is the case, then it's because I'm in a state of belief about the case.
If I state that I believe it is the case, then it's likely I'm in a state of inconclusion.

The problem being that, as I pointed out in the first place, neither of these cases are synonymous with what you first said: that you are definitively saying that 'this is the way things are'.

Thus, despite being able to answer directly, you are at least consistent in contradicting yourself...

Yet again you can't answer a simple question..... sigh

Nonetheless, I do get your point here:

The problem being that, as I pointed out in the first place, neither of these cases are synonymous with what you first said: that you are definitively saying that 'this is the way things are'.

Thus, despite being able to answer directly, you are at least consistent in contradicting yourself...
Yes those rules are definitively the way things are. There is nothing I or anybody can do about it.

Many questions that I don't seem to give straight answers to include one or more presumptions in them that need to be weeded out before they can be answered properly. I am expected to give yes/no answers to questions full of presumptions.

Many questions that I don't seem to give straight answers to include one or more presumptions in them that need to be weeded out before they can be answered properly. I am expected to give yes/no answers to questions full of presumptions.

Wrong.
The two possible situations were laid out by you.
You were asked to choose between the two.
You apparently cannot.
You contradict yourself. It's becoming second nature for you.

Yes those rules are definitively the way things are.

Wholly incorrect.
As you have proven.

Sad.

Atheism is a textbook-perfect application of the scientific method to the issue of gods. The Rule of Laplace, one of the cornerstones of the method because it helps us allocate the scarce resources of science, admonishes us that an extraordinary assertion must be supported by extraordinary evidence before we are obliged to treat it with respect. There is no assertion more extraordinary than the existence of a supernatural universe full of creatures and forces that perturb the behavior of the natural universe, because it claims to falisify the fundamental principle of science that has been exhaustively tested for five centuries. (That the natural universe is a closed system--in laymen's language--whose behavior can be predicted by theories derived logically from empirical observation of its past and present behavior.) Therefore, since there is no remotely respectable evidence for this assertion, it MUST be consigned to the realm of crackpottery and pseudoscience, and we are free (but not required) to tell the people who propose it to go fuck themselves.
And there you have it. A living example of what a total religion atheism is.

Yes those rules are definitively the way things are. There is nothing I or anybody can do about it.
You mean other than say that you are wrong?
You have, as you would put it, misconception about the nature of knowledge.

The only problem is that you are too blind to see it or understand it.
Instead you only offer your own testimony as support for your position, and thus circularise your argument.

And this really isn't the thread for such a discussion.

And there you have it. A living example of what a total religion atheism is.
And there you have it. A living example of what an unsubstantiated claim supported by nothing but confidence is.

:rolleyes:

You mean other than say that you are wrong?
You have, as you would put it, misconception about the nature of knowledge.

The only problem is that you are too blind to see it or understand it.
Instead you only offer your own testimony as support for your position, and thus circularise your argument.
Of course I have support for my position. Just because you calim it is incorrect doesn't mean it's incorrect.

Where is this support for your position, other than your own posts on this website? You have so far not produced anything to support your position other than your own "rules of knowledge". So please post the support - or even just provide a link to it, please?

And just because you claim it is correct does not make it so.
Bear that in mind in your travels.

Where is this support for your position, other than your own posts on this website? You have so far not produced anything to support your position other than your own "rules of knowledge". So please post the support - or even just provide a link to it, please?

And just because you claim it is correct does not make it so.
Bear that in mind in your travels.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to prove anything by posting a link to site X other than site X stated something. If I claimed that Obama made a statement, the I can post a link of a video or audio of him making the statement. However, it is irrelevant to claim something is true by posting a link to a site that concurs.

If you have something to prove, YOU prove it. If there is a point in which it is necessary to source, then you link it. Like if I claimed that somebody else said something, I would porceed by posting a link to them saying it. Claiming that an assertion is false unless I use an outside source to support it is fallacy. Furthermore, claiming it would be complete fallacy for me to claim that an assertion is true just because some outside source supports it. Outside sources have no relevance unless you're quoting a person or some media.

Like if I claimed that somebody else said something, I would porceed by posting a link to them saying it.
You have said that you have support for your claim: please post a link to that support.

Back