Islam, World's Fastest Growing Religion

Do you Know that Islam is now the Fastest Growing Religion in The World ?

• Really, I did not know that

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, I know

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No, I did not know that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure if that is true.

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
P

Proud_Syrian

Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Understanding Islam
A best-selling religion writer explains why the West needs Muslims to maintain a strong and vital faith

By Karen Fragala
NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

Oct. 29 — With 1.2 billion followers, Islam is The World’s Fastest Growing Religion —but also its most misunderstood. Karen Armstrong, a scholar and former nun, tries to correct some of the stereotypes in her latest book, “Islam: A Short History.” .........

http://www.msnbc.com/news/649424.asp

Originally posted by chalcedony
What does this prove?

I will leave that to your intelligence to get the conclusion.

PS: We dont go around knocking doors preaching our Quran to the people like you guys do and yet our great Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world !!!

Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

And of course, you completely ignored demographics while making this announcement.

Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Originally posted by Proud_Syrian
Understanding Islam
A best-selling religion writer explains why the West needs Muslims to maintain a strong and vital faith

By Karen Fragala
NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

Oct. 29 — With 1.2 billion followers, Islam is The World’s Fastest Growing Religion —but also its most misunderstood. Karen Armstrong, a scholar and former nun, tries to correct some of the stereotypes in her latest book, “Islam: A Short History.” .........

http://www.msnbc.com/news/649424.asp
:D

======================================
I have read somewhere that
"Christianity is taking Asia by storm.
And that China is going to be a Christian nation within 20 years"!

Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Originally posted by AAF

Those people would do anything to get out of China even if it means believing in a mythological savior.

Re: What does the fastest growing faith prove?

Originally posted by Medicine*Woman
Xianity is on its way out.

Well said Medicine Woman....

You know, muslims are poor, they dont have the BILLIONS OF DOLLARS christian missionaries have, they dont send thousands of preachers all over the world as christian missionaries do and yet Islam is taking over to become World's No.1 Religion, it is really amazing.

Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Originally posted by AAF

This is utter rubbish, here you have the facts:

http://www.atimes.com/china/AF09Ad01.html

....The percentage of Han Chinese will decline from 53.1 percent to 47.5 percent but other groups will increase - especially the Hui, ethnic Chinese converts to Islam - who will see their proportion rise from 7.2 percent to 22.1 percent.....

By 2020, more than 40 % of china will be muslims, christian missionaries like to lie all the time, typical christian missionary behaviour.

Re: Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

This is utter rubbish, here you have the facts:

http://www.atimes.com/china/AF09Ad01.html

....The percentage of Han Chinese will decline from 53.1 percent to 47.5 percent but other groups will increase - especially the Hui, ethnic Chinese converts to Islam - who will see their proportion rise from 7.2 percent to 22.1 percent.....
This is only a regional number, mainly in Tibet area. And that only involves no more than 3 million people.

By 2020, more than 40 % of china will be muslims, christian missionaries like to lie all the time, typical christian missionary behaviour.
And where did you get this number?

Last edited:
So let's look at the real trend, at least in the USA.

Large independent survey on American Religious Identifications.

http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/key_findings.htm

Major Findings -

The proportion of the population that can be classified as Christian has declined from 86% in 1990 to 77% in 2001.

Although the number of adults who classify themselves in non-Christian religious groups has increased from about 5.8 million to about 7.7 million, the proportion of non-Christians has increased only by a very small amount - from 3.3 % to about 3.7 %. Muslims would be included in this small group.

The greatest increase in absolute as well as in percentage terms has been among those adults who do not subscribe to any religious identification; their number has more than doubled from 14.3 million in 1990 to 29.4 million in 2001; their proportion has grown from just eight percent of the total in 1990 to over fourteen percent in 2001.

There has also been a substantial increase in the number of adults who refused to reply to the question about their religious preference, from about four million or two percent in 1990 to more than eleven million or over five percent in 2001. Generally atheists are still uncertain about 'coming out'.

Also – Is the Position of Atheism growing Stronger - http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_mccabe/atheism_growing_stronger.html

Atheism has grown in the last 10 years a hundred times more rapidly than any religion ever grew.

The growth is such that if freedom is again generally secured in the next 10 years we may justly expect Atheists to be more numerous than genuine Christians in 20 years.

Given the conditions for the operation of the historic law -- freedom and knowledge -- Atheism will in this century be the common attitude of civilized people. Non-Christians are the great majority in every free country today. Atheists number tens of millions, quite apart from Communist activity, in such countries. Let us get those facts recognized before it is too late. Sooner or later the despairing Churches will try to get a world-alliance with something like Fascist tyranny to check the growth of Atheism. It is their one hope. Let our young folk act in defense of the liberties that have been won for them and break up this fabric of lies.

Last edited:

Those people would do anything to get out of China even if it means believing in a mythological savior.
Where did that come from? You obviously have no idea about the East - China in particular

By 2020, more than 40 % of china will be Muslims, Christian missionaries like to lie all the time, typical Christian missionary behavior.
That's cute :) Do you even know a Chinese or anything at all about China? Have you ever been to Asia? Obviously not much. That would make as much sense as me saying By 2020, more than 40 % of Syria will convert to Judaism. Pretty moronic huh?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Originally posted by Michael
Where did that come from? You obviously have no idea about the East - China in particular

You're wrong, of course. I know and work closely with a lot of Chinese who are in this country and don't want to go back. They've openly talked about what their life was like in Communist China. They're all atheists but the nicest, kindest and most pleasant people you'd ever want to meet. They're only allowed two children. To get pregnant with a third, the government would remove you from your home to abort you. Should that third child achieve birth, it would be removed and murdered. Of course, there is an entire black market for the selling of organs (not the musical kind). However, their ancient medicine seems to work. Our health care industry is making an attempt at incorporating some of the ancient beliefs with modern medicine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

You're wrong, of course. I know and work closely with a lot of Chinese who are in this country and don't want to go back. They've openly talked about what their life was like in Communist China. They're all atheists but the nicest, kindest and most pleasant people you'd ever want to meet. They're only allowed two children. To get pregnant with a third, the government would remove you from your home to abort you. Should that third child achieve birth, it would be removed and murdered. Of course, there is an entire black market for the selling of organs (not the musical kind). However, their ancient medicine seems to work. Our health care industry is making an attempt at incorporating some of the ancient beliefs with modern medicine.
My partner is Asian. Most of my friends are Asian. All of my Chinese friends like China. Many that live in Australia are looking forward to returning home. None of them bad mouth China. All of them agree that the limit on children is necessary to maintain and/or lower the population within China. If they want more then they should go to another country to have more. The Chinese government certainly won’t stop them from leaving – it will be the country that the Chinese person may want to go live in that will prevent them from going there by not allowing them a visa. So who is at fault? I personally have no problem with state controlled limits to children when there is an agreement by most of the people that the population has reached a state were this is now necessary. You can buy organs and other body parts in the USA on the black market along with children, drugs, suff films and all manner of shit. So whats the point.
I was just talking with my friend Li Xiaomei yesterday and she said she plans to return to Beijing soon because there are more opportunities there. Another friend, Li Jin, is looking forward to returning to Shanghais to see friends. My friend Fei Chan and I were talking about his family history (he can trace it until the ~year 900). We always talk politics. He acknowledges that China has some problems. But when you post “Those people would do anything to get out of China” you are doing something akin to saying. Everyone in the USA carry’s a gun because it’s so dangerous. All Aussies have pet kangaroos. Japanese can not dance well. And what really irked my was the “Those people”. Many of “Those People” love China and don’t want to live outside of China. Maybe it’s “You People” that have the crazy government. OR just maybe people are people regardless.

Moderator message to Proud_Syrian

This is probably the third time you've posted a thread with essentially the same topic. Future threads by you on the same topic will be merged with this one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Msnbc: Islam is The World's Fastest Growing Religion

Originally posted by Michael
That's cute :) Do you even know a Chinese or anything at all about China? Have you ever been to Asia? Obviously not much. That would make as much sense as me saying By 2020, more than 40 % of Syria will convert to Judaism. Pretty moronic huh?

I have been to china, I have been to the northern parts where substansial muslim majortiy lives, and I notice that muslims dont abide by ONE BABY POLICY in China, but they rather pay the fine and have more than one kid.

Clearly, you did not read the site from ASIA TIMES i posted above, please scroll up and check it out.

Originally posted by James R
Moderator message to Proud_Syrian

This is probably the third time you've posted a thread with essentially the same topic. Future threads by you on the same topic will be merged with this one.

If you stop DELETING my first posts, i wont post the same ones again.......thank you.

James,
When you merge the topics to this one, please make sure that you don't accidently bump this thread up on the board. Let it peacefully disapear in complete submission to god.

PS. Sorry for bumping the thread up myself.

Back