Islam negativly effecting UK education

But they are religiously (and pardon the pun) supported. The articles of islam, as we've been over innumerable times, are rife with antisemitism. Inevitably there is a damnation of Jewish people, and out come the Suras.

Oh puhlease. we've had this discussion ad nauseum; like all fundamentalists you insist your interpretation is the right one, so where does that lead?

Yes but you don't want to convert or kill all 'infidels' do you?

Nah, and neither do most Muslims. If you'll look at the demographics of those who do, those are either relocated from countries with a history of civil war (or western intervention) or places like Pakistan where there is a lot of money pouring in from countries like Saudi Arabia, feeding the Wahabbist ideologies.

Basically, you reap what you sow; Muslims/Islam have/has been in India from the time of the Prophet and India is still 80% Hindu (this after 800 years under Mughal rule)

So then it makes sense to keep the masses poor, hungry and pissed off as long as you can convince them it is someone elses fault?

With all the obscene amounts of cash going into the middle east for the past 100 years or so should'nt all the citizens be well taken care of?

When you say most Muslims are not looking to cover the earth in a fundamentalist Islamic blanket or kill infidels does that mean only 1 billion DO or is it the .4 billion?

Oh puhlease. we've had this discussion ad nauseum; like all fundamentalists you insist your interpretation is the right one, so where does that lead?

Oh puhlease; there's lunatics interpreting it precisely this way and setting up schools to do it. Is your argument that we should do nothing? First you excuse it on the "well everyone is bad" premise, and then it's just that Westerners are so much worse. No one is arguing that the problems of the West - and I can think of a few - shouldn't be fixed. How about islamic supremacism, or even theology, come to that point. Christians aren't allowed to - and don't - run around stoning idolaters. Are they the only ones secular society is allowed to fix? And was it even ever part of their thesis?? Come on.

Oh puhlease; there's lunatics interpreting it precisely this way and setting up schools to do it. Is your argument that we should do nothing? First you excuse it on the "well everyone is bad" premise, and then it's just that Westerners are so much worse. No one is arguing that the problems of the West - and I can think of a few - shouldn't be fixed. How about islamic supremacism, or even theology, come to that point. Christians aren't allowed to - and don't - run around stoning idolaters. Are they the only ones secular society is allowed to fix? And was it even ever part of their thesis?? Come on.

I don't agree with schools restricting access to information, if thats what you mean; but then I'm not very impressed with undergraduate education in the West to begin with.:shrug:

edit: btw, I don't know whether to be pleased or worried that you recognise these interpretations to be lunatic. :D

I don't agree with schools restricting access to information, if thats what you mean; but then I'm not very impressed with undergraduate education in the West to begin with.:shrug:

Compared to which ones? Regrettably, this is the best of the barrel.

edit: btw, I don't know whether to be pleased or worried that you recognise these interpretations to be lunatic. :D

It depends: are they going to stop? When is the tolerance going to happen and the supremacism stop? Or will this great state perfection and caliphation and final triumph of equanimous islamic tolerance be like the "communism in our time" that my father's generation was promised again and again and again and again until it became a joke that old men clung to with withered hands? Because if it's going to be the former, then you should be pleased.

If the latter, worried indeed.

Compared to which ones? Regrettably, this is the best of the barrel.

Compared to India, for instance. Undergrad education in the UK and US sucks; dunno about the others

It depends: are they going to persist? Are they going to stop? When is the tolerance going to happen and the supremacism stop? Or will this great state perfection and caliphation and final triumph of equanimous islamic tolerance be like the "communism in our time" that my father's generation was promised again and again and again and again until it became a joke that old men clung to with withered hands? Because if it's going to be the former, then you should be pleased.

If the latter, worried indeed.

You've been reading my romantic novels again, haven't you?

Compared to India, for instance. Undergrad education in the UK and US sucks; dunno about the others

Hmm. A victim of expedition, perhaps.

You've been reading my romantic novels again, haven't you?

Yes. I read them in the evenings, the summer wind ruffling the fur on my manly chest, the morning's wood chopped with my mighty axe flickering in the fire.

expedition as in :

1. A military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country

2. Speed in performance; promptness

3. A journey undertaken by a group of people with a definite objective

?

Yes. I read them in the evenings, the summer wind ruffling the fur on my manly chest, the morning's wood chopped with my mighty axe flickering in the fire.

Another Fabio fan. :eek:

Geoff, haven't you already garnered enough fanaticism and lustful attention from the likes of IceAge? Now you're making samcdkey want to squeeze you chest? Are these to become the so-called Holy followers of Myuu?

expedition as in :

1. A military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country

2. Speed in performance; promptness

That one. I can't say "expeditedness".

Another Fabio fan. :eek:

No - I am Fabio. I will build secluded cottage. There will be woodchopping and general manliness.

Geoff, haven't you already garnered enough fanaticism and lustful attention from the likes of IceAge? Now you're making samcdkey want to squeeze you chest? Are these to become the so-called Holy followers of Myuu?

Hey man, whatever floats their boats. Myuu needs a new health care provider and the cash sock is never full.

No - I am Fabio. I will build secluded cottage. There will be woodchopping and general manliness.

And lots of birds...

fabio.jpg

'I am Fabio.. de most bootifuull man in de wurld...'

:)

Fabio no like goose.

"I tore my blouse. Yes, I have torn my blouse."

Myuu indifferent, not having been hit in the face by anything but angry women.

Back