Is Urine Sterile?

I never compared it, you did, and then I said I guess it's not a homeopathic dose. Anyway, I'm not a proponent of urine therapy, I'm just passing on the facts /rumours.

It is ok. Still, what do you think, how urine therapy can better work--in raw form or in homeopathically potentized form?

As you mentioned bout nosode, look ;

nosode is a homeopathic preparation made from a disease or pathological product. Substances such as fecal, urinary, respiratory discharges, as well as tissue and blood products are used in the fabrication of nosodes.

The origin of the word nosode is the Greek word nosos, meaning disease. There is also a connection with the Latin word noxa, the root of the term noxious, in that the use of nosodes involves potentially dangerous, noxious materials as its basis.

There have been a number of cases of people falling ill after relying on nosodes rather than real vaccination[citation needed].

The prepration of nosodes derives from homotoxicology, a type of homeopathic therapy created by Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg in Germany in the first part of 20th century [1].

Nosodes are generally given in low potencies as they are prepared from diseased secretions and are harmful in crude form[citation needed].

Homeopathic medicine, since its inception under Hahneman at the dawn of the 19th century, follows the precept of "infinitesimals." From this notion, the dosages of nosodes are in very minute and diluted forms; thus, nosodes are not nearly as harmful as the untreated pathological product.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosode

I am bit suspicious about raw urine's beneficial effects. It may be meant to excrete not re-taking. Whether other species take urine, commonly/naturally?

Do men get variations in urine passing, sometimes near the body(and fall on body) othertime away from body? May be by weak or strong stream or variated delivery by changes in prepuce/openings?

Well, I am a probation officer. We drug test a lot of people on probation, so I have seen much urine. Generally speaking, it is not clean. Often, you see sperm floating around in there. Sometimes, it is a little orange (red blood mixed with yellow urine = orange). I could go on, but you get the idea. I recognize that I am dealing with a certain segment of the population. I find it hard to believe that urine is sterile. If it is good, why does your body get rid of it?

Are you all mad?! Drinking your urine is a good way to get sick! Urine contains anything your body found was not useful, and therefore it decides to rid you of this 'waste' product. The urine is yellow because of the fact it contains excretions...

Just a thought here, but if urine is sterile only for a few hours doesn't that mean introducing it back into your circulatory system would be a bad thing? Afterall it's inside you 2 hours later?!

Urine contains toxic waste fluids like urea and some bacteria but is virtually "sterile." So there's virtually no harm in using it in cases of emergency. If you're floating on ocean with no source of fresh water, people have drank their urine to recirculate it.

"A hydrated person will commonly urinate a clear, water-like urine, whereas a dehydrated person may pass a darker yellow or brown urine as is often observed the morning after a night's drinking of large quantities of alcohol."

Never drink urine even if you are dehydrated. In order to break down salts, your body needs water, and by drinking urine you are adding more salt to your system, thus increasing your body's need for water.

Urine is dangerous only when you have infections of the bladder lining, urinary tract, or skin immediately surrounding the exterior. In these cases (which are very common) the pathogens are very infective (hence there prevalence). These germs are well adapted to human urine, and just a single live cell can spread infection. Once you have them on or in you there is no way to remove them unless your immune system can effectively battle them.

Urine does not provide an effective growth medium for germs and will quickly kill most of what is life threatening to us. Fresh urine from infected individuals is only dangerous via direct contact with the openings of the urinary tract. Ingesting said pathogens is entirely non harmful.

I remember hearing that if you get stung by a jellyfish you should pee on it.
If you can't you should get someone else too.

Stay away from yellow snow too.

Does that include snowcones?

1717960170_363f7ed412.jpg

Urine is dangerous only when you have infections of the bladder lining, urinary tract, or skin immediately surrounding the exterior. In these cases (which are very common) the pathogens are very infective (hence there prevalence). These germs are well adapted to human urine, and just a single live cell can spread infection. Once you have them on or in you there is no way to remove them unless your immune system can effectively battle them.

Urine does not provide an effective growth medium for germs and will quickly kill most of what is life threatening to us. Fresh urine from infected individuals is only dangerous via direct contact with the openings of the urinary tract. Ingesting said pathogens is entirely non harmful.

I seem to recall that some primitive cultures used urine (presumably from a healthy individual) as a topical antiseptic. It's only a dim recollection, probably from something on PBS, so I wouldn't swear to it.

I seem to recall that some primitive cultures used urine (presumably from a healthy individual) as a topical antiseptic. It's only a dim recollection, probably from something on PBS, so I wouldn't swear to it.
I thought I heard that somewhere to, that people used to use urine to clean wounds and such.

Back