• No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I am being well over protective

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I should kick his head in

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BOH and others, you do realise that at 14 you are able to make your own medical decisions under australian law?

You do realise that in SA you can walk into any SHine office and not only get condoms for free but get the pill for $3 (i know this because thats how my sister in law gets the pill)

You do realise that you can get the MAP over the counter without parental concent or aproval

You also realised that if you as a parent asked if your daughter was getting the pill its a criminal offence for that doctor (or any other medical proffessional) to answer that question.

the reason for the goverments policy is that health doesnt want ONE case STD's or one unplaned teenaged pregnancy if they can help it.

Unfortunatly there are two areas of sexual health the goververment and the health sector CANT control.

The first is having a safe enviroment which encorages use of protection
The second is having a parent the people can come to for surport and advice

never ever ever going to happen, i will buy her condoms to encourage her,

so if she got a tetanus shot would that encourage her to walk on rusty nails? :bugeye:

Get her the deprovera shot and tell her is B12. It will stop her from getting pregnant, but not STDs. But then at least you won't be encouraging her to have sex.

By the way, my Dad and step-mom felt the same way and my sister had a kid at 15.

what a load of crap. Girls are just as likly to want sex as boys are, ask LA herself, ask bells, ask shorty, ask orleander, as inzomnia, ASK PB

She will chose when she is ready as i already said and there isnt a thing anyone can do about it. The only thing LA can do is influance WHERE it is (ie is it a safe enviroment or is it somewhere that if she changes her mind she is likly to be raped) and wether she knows how and when to use controceptives

what is it with you and the rape scenario?

I wasn't dating at 14, so wanting sex wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind.

i never thought about it but yes i guess they could. I dont know where they would get the money for those procuidures though because i dont belive they are covered under medicare

oh and BTW

what is it with you and the rape scenario?

I wasn't dating at 14, so wanting sex wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind.

When you spend everyday learning about the results of parental idiocy in the way they throw there kids out on the streets for there first sexual experiance it kind of sticks in your mind

not to mention personal experiance which i hold in confidence for my friends

i never thought about it but yes i guess they could. I dont know where they would get the money for those procuidures though because i dont belive they are covered under medicare

oh, they probably get the money from hooking in a safe environment provided by their parents. :rolleyes:

my best friend worked the streets for a while after his parents through him out on his ass.

he ended up adicted to just about every drug there was to. Dont talk about what you know NOTHING about

my best friend worked the streets for a while after his parents through him out on his ass.

he ended up adicted to just about every drug there was to. Dont talk about what you know NOTHING about

And don't assume what you went through is what every child in America/UK goes through.

HA, i didnt become sexually active till i was 20, i was to depressed to worry about girls.

My friend on the other hand was sleeping on the streets and sleeping with anyone who asked him for a place to sleep for the night and some money for drugs by the time he was 20

Including with men and i will tell you seriously he wasnt in anyway atracted to men.

unfortunatly he never came to me or i would have tried to help him, i dont even know if he is alive because by the time i managed to get in contact with him i had left the state to live with PB. i havent herd from him in 2 years

which has nothing to do with Luci's 14 yr old daughter unless you are insinuating Luci throw the daughter out on the street.

you think everyone on the streets is there because there parents threw them out?
most of them are probably run aways because of sexual abuse or overly authoritarian parents

I think for most parents, the idea of their children having sex is as comfortable as it is for children trying to imagine their parents having sex with other adults.

nither actually,
My point is that sexuality is the one area of a childs life the parents have no authority in. All you can do is to advise in a non judgmental way and show them that its THERE decision.

Otherwise do you think they will follow your "orders"?
let me ask you something orleander, what did your parents say to YOU about sex and how did YOU react?

nither actually,
My point is that sexuality is the one area of a childs life the parents have no authority in. All you can do is to advise in a non judgmental way and show them that its THERE decision.

Otherwise do you think they will follow your "orders"?
let me ask you something orleander, what did your parents say to YOU about sex and how did YOU react?

a CHILD's life. Children make bad choices all the time. 14 is still a child! 14 isn't even a young adult.

I was told that if I ever got pregnant to pack my bags and move out. Don't bother saying good-bye because they didn't want to know where I was. That was scarier than Hell for breaking a commandment of adultery (sex outside of a marriage) I obviously wasn't a good Christian if I was having sex before marriage. I waited a lot longer than my friends, most of who started having sex at 15. I wasn't allowed to date til 16.

a CHILD's life. Children make bad choices all the time. 14 is still a child! 14 isn't even a young adult.

It depends you you're talking to. The Guttmacher Institute has labelled teens of all age groups as women, including '14 and under'. I have a stronger feeling that the institute is using the 'sexual maturity' definition, which wiki defines thusly:
"Sexual maturity is the age/stage when an organism can reproduce. It is sometimes considered synonymous with adulthood, though the two are distinct. In humans, the process of sexually maturing is termed puberty."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_maturity)

I was told that if I ever got pregnant to pack my bags and move out. Don't bother saying good-bye because they didn't want to know where I was. That was scarier than Hell for breaking a commandment of adultery (sex outside of a marriage) I obviously wasn't a good Christian if I was having sex before marriage. I waited a lot longer than my friends, most of who started having sex at 15. I wasn't allowed to date til 16.

Do you think this was fair? As far as the dating scene, personally, I think it would have been nice to date at 16 or any other teen years, but in my particular case, I wasn't able to not because of a parental forbidding but rather due to social awkwardness.

never ever ever going to happen, i will buy her condoms to encourage her,
Are you worried about her having sex, or about her getting pregnant and/or catching an STD? There is a large body of scientific evidence showing that giving teens condoms decreases the chances of pregnancy and STDs. There is also a large body of evidence showing that telling them not to have sex and NOT giving them condoms greatly increases the chances of pregnancy and STDs.

Back