Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

The Pope didn't slam Islam.
Not just Islam, anyway.

This is the headline of the article you linked to:
Charlie Hebdo: Pope slams 'deviant forms of religion' in wake of Paris attacks.

By deviant, he means the type of religious view that, for example, calls on its followers to kill people because of offensive and crude drawings.
Another example would be Catholics who justify killing doctors who perform abortions.
That would be included in the term deviant.
The comment was not specific to any religion.

Last edited:
Well, I see where you're going with this, although I suspect that the Islamist threat is more tactile, these days.

More immediate maybe.
Not sure about that. I'll think about it.
Is the problem with Deviant Islamists that important when you compare it to other world problems?

At some point in history our ancestors - all of our ancestors - practiced slavery. Does that mean we have to bring back slavery? Seriously....get real. The Catholic Church has changed. People and institutions do change.

Yes, they helped Hitler with money to buy more weapons. Hitler was a Catholic and the Pope never said anything for Hitler to stop killing the Jews. That was only 80 years ago, yes times do change but the more they change the more they remain the same.

Jesus died for us. The Catholic church should do the same, as an institution, once in a while, just to keep things fresh. They are morally bankrupt, corrupt to the core, full of hypocrisy, greedy bloodsuckers of wealth and innocence. If the Pope had any balls he would sell the entire country of the Vatican and give the proceeds to the poor, (and hand over their records to the police).

Jesus died for us. The Catholic church should do the same, as an institution, once in a while, just to keep things fresh. They are morally bankrupt, corrupt to the core, full of hypocrisy, greedy bloodsuckers of wealth and innocence. If the Pope had any balls he would sell the entire country of the Vatican and give the proceeds to the poor, (and hand over their records to the police).

That will never happen. You are correct in your evaluation of Catholics but many religions are exactly the same only less deviant.

Yes, they helped Hitler with money to buy more weapons. Hitler was a Catholic and the Pope never said anything for Hitler to stop killing the Jews. That was only 80 years ago, yes times do change but the more they change the more they remain the same.

The Catholic Church helped Hitler to buy weapons? I must confess I'd never heard that before. Do you have a reference?

The Catholic Church helped Hitler to buy weapons? I must confess I'd never heard that before. Do you have a reference?

Hitler was a Catholic and since he was the Pope and Vatican gave him the money to support the war effort UNDER THE TABLE so as not to found out about.

Hitler was a Catholic and since he was the Pope and Vatican gave him the money to support the war effort UNDER THE TABLE so as not to found out about.

Yes I understand what you are alleging, but have you a reference that supports this theory?

Or have you just made it up, on the basis that Hitler, like most Austrians, was raised as a Catholic?

Last edited:
I'm risking being pedantic about it, but Hitler was no fan of any church, he wanted to create his own. Jesus was too jewy.

Very plausible.
But wouldn't it be UNDER THE ALTAR?
Hitler would definitely have brought along his favourite altar boy.

benedictnazi.jpg

Young Joey Ratzinger

This cleverly cropped genuine picture has fooled a few serious newspapers,
and you will still find it on google searches as an accurate depiction.

To understand,
see http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/?p=17519

Last edited:
Yes, they helped Hitler with money to buy more weapons. Hitler was a Catholic and the Pope never said anything for Hitler to stop killing the Jews.
See the Wikipedia article "Catholic Church and Nazi Germany." As Hitler consolidated his power, his administration began to stand up against Catholicism, and Christianity in general. He planned on de-Christianizing Germany.

Politics being what it was, there were indeed treaties between the Third Reich and the Vatican, but the Germans routinely violated them.

See the Wikipedia article "Catholic Church and Nazi Germany." As Hitler consolidated his power, his administration began to stand up against Catholicism, and Christianity in general. He planned on de-Christianizing Germany.

Politics being what it was, there were indeed treaties between the Third Reich and the Vatican, but the Germans routinely violated them.

German soldiers had Gott mit uns inscribed on their helmets in the First World War.[5] To the Germans it was a rallying cry, "a Protestant as well as an Imperial motto, the expression of German religious, political and ethnic single-mindedness, or the numerous unity of altar, throne and Volk".[6] The slogan entered the mindset on both sides; in 1916 a cartoon was printed in the New York Tribunecaptioned "Gott Mit Uns!", showing "a German officer in spiked helmet holding a smoking revolver as he stood over the bleeding form of a nurse. It symbolized the rising popular demand that the United States shed its neutrality"

On their belt buckles.

1280px-WW_I_Prussian_enlisted_man%27s_belt_buckle_front.JPG

This belt buckle is from the WW2 and says God Is With US. So I can't understand Hitler putting this on many things and not believe in his religion, do you?

Read post # 34

Yes I understand what you are alleging, but have you a reference that supports this theory?

Or have you just made it up, on the basis that Hitler, like most Austrians, was raised as a Catholic?
OK, where did Hitler attain all that money he needed to finance world domination? He robbed the Jews who didn't want to go along with him but most of the Jews took their money out of Germany before Hitler started raiding the banks.

The problem that I have documenting this close relationship with the Catholic church is very difficult to attain for the Vatican will never let anyone see their books or how much wealth they have. Ever wonder why the Catholic church doesn't want anyone peering into their business?

Most conspiracy theorists think that Hitler's money came from the USA.
And not just conspiracy theorists.

Here's an old article from the Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Regarding Jewish property seizures.
The majority of Jewish businesses sold up due to inability to trade on an equal basis.
This link gives a lot of information;
Example.
The most significant pre-war confiscation of Jewish property followed the Kristallnacht pogrom of November 1938. The government held Jews responsible for this violence and ‘fined’ the Jewish population a total of one billion Reichsmarks. This amount was to be paid with cash or through the requisitioning of other portable wealth, such as gold, gemstones and jewellery.

http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/jewish-property-seizures/

Last edited:
Back