Is purposeless torture moral?

Yes. Thanks for the opportunity to reply to your same type of inane man blaming.

"Man blaming"?

Oh, you mean the only demonstrable reality here? I can show evidence that the choices of men lead to both miserable and glorious consequences right here on earth. Can you demonstrate the existence of a god, mush less any culpability in the fates of men?

The bible doesn't mean much.. Take it for what it is, bits and pieces of ancient text put together through ancient times. It can be anything from stories of divinity, to stories known to be false to be proven so at a later time.

No argument on this for sure.

Regards
DL

"Man blaming"?

Oh, you mean the only demonstrable reality here? I can show evidence that the choices of men lead to both miserable and glorious consequences right here on earth. Can you demonstrate the existence of a god, mush less any culpability in the fates of men?

No. I do not believe in a supernatural God.
The Godhead I know is all natural.

Man deserves all credit and blame but not if one invokes a creator God.
A creator takes responsibility for all the widgets he creates.

Regards
DL

No. I do not believe in a supernatural God.
The Godhead I know is all natural.

Regards
DL

How can you say he does, or does not do something? Maybe he is staying out of the way for your own good..

An assertion you've never managed to support in the least, and I've already fully refuted the failure of your reasoning many times now. So let's hear yet another rendition of your "culpability of god" rote post.

How can you say he does, or does not do something? Maybe he is staying out of the way for your own good..

If he is staying away it is for His own good.

The Haig would be quick to convict such an insane genocidal maniac for crimes against humanity.

Or do you think that genocide is in any way justice?

Regards
DL

An assertion you've never managed to support in the least, and I've already fully refuted the failure of your reasoning many times now. So let's hear yet another rendition of your "culpability of god" rote post.

You are right of course. God does not take responsibility for his actions and created beings who can only follow their God given natures.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks where it belongs. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be.

Regards
DL

If he is staying away it is for His own good.

The Haig would be quick to convict such an insane genocidal maniac for crimes against humanity.

Or do you think that genocide is in any way justice?

Regards
DL

He stays away so that nature can take corse imo. Genocide of murders, perverts, deceivers, and thief's? Whats wrong with that? Why are we ever talking about genocide? I believe in the wrath of the Lamb, btw.

He stays away so that nature can take corse imo. Genocide of murders, perverts, deceivers, and thief's? Whats wrong with that? Why are we ever talking about genocide? I believe in the wrath of the Lamb, btw.

Yes and God's wrath has been biblically shown to express itself with genocide.
I was just using it to answer why God does not return.

Regards
DL

You are right of course. God does not take responsibility for his actions and created beings who can only follow their God given natures.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks where it belongs. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be.

Yet another tedious copy/paste post whenever you cannot manage to refute anything directly. Just a bevy of unsupported assertions in lieu of reason and argument.

Back