Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to know if The Almighty lets zygotes into heaven.

I am sorry but I really do not know. It is possible, but I would not try and say one way or the other.

Again, I am sorry, but I have to leave it there.

I trust God to do right thing in that circumstance.

(Braceing myself for incoming attacks for that comment. Tired old arguments are about ready to befall me... Yippee!!!)

Last edited:
You have to study it for yourself. I cannot make you study the scientific studies for yourself. You are on your own spider. It is your choice.
We are past that. The existence of the shroud doesn't prove any supernatural aspect to the Bible any more than the existence of a Viking longboat proves the existence of Thor.

Scientific studies are based on proving whether the shroud is real, which we can already assume is true. So, Jesus died on the cross, was wrapped in a shroud, and that artifact survived into the 21st century. How does that show Jesus rose from the dead?

I could write a book featuring New York City, which is also real, and it wouldn't prove the existence of Spiderman.

Well we do have laws all over the place that protect life. Are you against those?
We protect some forms of human life, yes, with many exceptions. I am generally for those.

Now answer my question if you please. Who should decide when it appropriate for you to donate an organ - you, or the government?

I am sorry but I really do not know. It is possible, but I would not try and say one way or the other.

Again, I am sorry, but I have to leave it there.
We protect some forms of human life, yes, with many exceptions. I am generally for those.

Now answer my question if you please. Who should decide when it appropriate for you to donate an organ - you, or the government?

Ok, I will go with me, because unlike a baby in the womb, it really is my property to decide what to do with. A baby is not the mother’s property, to kill at will. Never has been!

Ok, I will go with me, because unlike a baby in the womb, it really is my property to decide what to do with.
So you believe that your body is your property; you should have final say over who gets to use it.
You believe that a woman's body is the government's property; they (not her) decide who gets to use it.

THAT is the hypocrisy I was talking about it. It's easy for men to be against abortion, because no one will ever force them to let someone else use their body. It's a lot harder when it's your uterus (or kidney, or liver.)

Ok, I will go with me, because unlike a baby in the womb, it really is my property to decide what to do with. A baby is not the mother’s property, to kill at will. Never has been!
Wait, isn't that a bit contradictory from you, as you have indicated you don't know that zygotes go to heaven (assuming it exists) even though they're "human beings" to you, and hence, The Almighty is free to kill them?

Sounds like a shitty psycho God tyrant to me actually.

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.

Source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22270271/

That makes childbirth 14 times more dangerous than abortion.

So you believe that your body is your property; you should have final say over who gets to use it.
You believe that a woman's body is the government's property; they (not her) decide who gets to use it.

No of course not.

The child is inside the mother’s body, and is scientifically a separate human life, that deserves protection in the same way that the mother’s body deserves legal protection.

Her body is her own property!
Her daughters body is her daughter’s.

I can’t kill people because they are living in my house, even if they are completely dependent on me for food, water, medical care, and shelter.

Should we change that?

Wait, isn't that a bit contradictory from you, as you have indicated you don't know that zygotes go to heaven (assuming it exists) even though they're "human beings" to you, and hence, The Almighty is free to kill them?

Sounds like a shitty psycho God tyrant to me actually.

I said I don’t know, but I trust God to do what is right. I don’t know!!!

I said I don’t know, but I trust God to do what is right. I don’t know!!!
So, you started this thread on some moral superiority guise, along with dissing atheists as being irrational or evil, and now the best you can come up with is "I don't know!!!"

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions. In the one recent comparative study of pregnancy morbidity in the United States, pregnancy-related complications were more common with childbirth than with abortion.

Source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22270271/

That makes childbirth 14 times more dangerous than abortion.

Sounds fair to me! The chances for the one are higher than the other, both are fairly small.

So, you started this thread on some moral superiority guise, along with dissing atheists as being irrational or evil, and now the best you can come up with is "I don't know!!!"

Sure, I don’t know everything. Perhaps you do?

A baby is not the mother’s property, to kill at will. Never has been!
Actually, the Old Testament considers the fetus to be the father's property:

Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.​

Compensation, much like if you kill your neighbour's ox.

Sure, I don’t know everything. Perhaps you do?
You know there is a God, though, but everything else is, like, just your opinion?

Do you even know if you should "trust God to do what is right" even if you don't know that God does or does not kill human beings in your opinion?

The child is inside the mother’s body, and is scientifically a separate human life, that deserves protection in the same way that the mother’s body deserves legal protection.
Why doesn't the child you could save with a liver lobe deserve legal protection? What gives you the right to decide they will die?

Why is it OK to kill one child by denying your body for his support, but it is not OK to kill another child by denying a woman's body for his support? It sounds like you want other people to give of their bodies, as long as you don't have to give of yours.
Her body is her own property!
Yes, and she gets to say what is done with it.
I can’t kill people because they are living in my house, even if they are completely dependent on me for food, water, medical care, and shelter.
You have just explained that you can let someone die by denying them your body's support, and that you are OK with that.

But let's take your claim a step further. Let's say some guy you know vaguely comes over to your house. He refuses to leave. He demands food and shelter. He explains that he has a condition and it's unsafe for him to go outside. Are you legally obligated to give him food and shelter?

You know there is a God, though, but everything else is, like, just your opinion?

Do you even know if you should "trust God to do what is right" even if you don't know that God does or does not kill human beings in your opinion?

I accept the evidence as it is for God, and I trust Him. If He is able to create everything around me, He is obviously greater than I.

So it would make sense to me that He is greater than I am in everything. Greater than my love, more wise than I am, etc.

(Come on guys you can’t let me get away with that comment). You guys are slacking!!! Getting lazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back