Is it moral to use cell phone jammers?

Talk about necromancy.
I, for one would make it a point not to give my money to any company using such a thing, and for completely unfounded, arbitrary reasons. If I can't receive calls, even though my phone stays on vibrate everywhere I go, I'm not going to to go to those places. I don't care if it's not n emergency, I want the opportunity to answer calls, even if I don't 95% of the time. I've boycotted lots of businesses for so much less.

Oniw, why do you think you have the right with your stupid call signal to disturb movie audiences, spa and restaurant patrons, students at a lecture, etc????

By the way people at those places won't miss you...

Oniw, why do you think you have the right with your stupid call signal to disturb movie audiences, spa and restaurant patrons, students at a lecture, etc????
I don't think I have the right to disturb anyone. As I said, I keep my phone on vibrate always. If I was at a lecture or in a theater, I obviously wouldn't open my phone and start talking. I still want the ability to be aware that I'm getting a call. And I wouldn't be disturbing anyone at a restaurant any more than if I was talking to someone at the same table I was at. Not just that, I'm in the Army, a phone call could potentially be about something that I could get in trouble for not doing in time.

By the way people at those places won't miss you...
I don't care if they do. By not going there, I avoid one more instance of being angry because I'm giving my money to people who I don't really like, thereby making my life that much happier.

So if your phone vibrate in the theatre, you politely go outside (from the middle of the row) or answer it right away?

People talk louder on cells than in real life, so yaking away does disturb restaurant patrons...If you expect an important call, don't go to those places...

Now there should be a sign that cells are jammed, so anyone can make their decision accordingly...

I have yet to buy one, but I like the idea. It's a safety issue, there are always people from my work walking down stairs while texting.

Cellphone technology is so sophisticated that you can use one to find the nearest theater that's showing the movie you want, check the show times, buy your tickets, order your popcorn, and find the fastest route to the theater.

So why can't the theater send a signal to every cellphone in the building to reset it from "ring" to "vibrate"?

The last time I went to the theatre was probably 18 or so months ago. Since high speed internet I don't need to put up with idiots with cell phones and popcorns.
But anyhow, this is a rudeness issue and if I was a teacher I would have a jammer in my pocket. Suck on that idiots! :)

So if your phone vibrate in the theatre, you politely go outside (from the middle of the row) or answer it right away?

People talk louder on cells than in real life, so yaking away does disturb restaurant patrons...
Nobody I know yells into their sell phone, and I'm not sure how someone's phone conversation disturbs anyone while eating. I don't go to a restaurant to talk on the phone, if I can avoid interrupting my meal at all, I will, but at the same time, if I get a call that I have to take, I have to get it.
If you expect an important call, don't go to those places...
You can get important calls without expecting them.
Now there should be a sign that cells are jammed, so anyone can make their decision accordingly...
I haven't argued that these jammers are immoral at all. I only said that I wouldn't give any money to a business that used one. Why would I support an organization that inconveniences me? As to whether they are moral.... if they're anything like the jammers that the military uses for IEDs(I've heard lots of bad things about the warlock system particularly), I think they should do a lot of research in regards to safety and potential long-term damage before making them legal.

Back