Is it moral to use cell phone jammers?

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
I say YES!!!!

Seriously, lots of businesses (spas, restaurants,etc.) started to use them, the problem is that they are illegal in the whole USA....

Classrooms, cinemas,etc should be all celljammed...

yeah...I dream of just sending EM distruption wave to knock out those all day long talking girls on a phone that are like, "well hey, like, hey, how are you...oh really....yeah....like yeah...and like...oh really?? totally!...yeah...like...like...yeah...yeah...oh really....yeah". I mean I just want to turn the thing on and their darn cellphones will go dead. grrrr

yeah its moral, retaliation time!

What if its an emergency? A doctor on call? A death in the family?

as long as it is signposted then i don't see a problem, i mean it would suck if you needed to be reached and then you couldn't because some d0uch3 was jamming your phone with out you knowing about it. And only in places which you usually would have to turn them off or on silent. I for one am very respectful with my phone, only off silent wheni am at home

I say YES!!!!

Seriously, lots of businesses (spas, restaurants,etc.) started to use them, the problem is that they are illegal in the whole USA....

Classrooms, cinemas,etc should be all celljammed...
Really, they're illegal. Damn. You had me excited, I was about to run out and get one. It pisses me off when patients answer their phone in the middle of an exam. I'd love to have a cell phone jammer in my office.

Really, they're illegal. Damn. You had me excited, I was about to run out and get one. It pisses me off when patients answer their phone in the middle of an exam. I'd love to have a cell phone jammer in my office.

Why not post a requirement that all cell phones must be turned off inside

your office due to certain types of testing equipment that could damage

those phones or your testing equipment there just like the airlines do when

your in the plane? Perhaps that way people will turn at least some of them

off making it a little less noisy. :shrug:

Well, we used to do just fine without the access. And we could of course leave the name of the restaurant, business, spa and, primitive as it may be and demanding of extra personal interaction, a land line could be used. Doctors on call - where I can stretch to imagine the few extra seconds perhaps making some difference - could go to cellphone restaurants.

Try pavlovian conditioning. Every time they do this check their prostate or anus. Be demonstative putting on the gloves. It might take a few generations for it to have effect on the population as a whole (no puns intended).

THEN you walk 30-100 feet AWAY and make the call!!!! Duh!!!

Oh you mean they have to be reached? They can use a beeper, I am not sure they are effected or not. Still, why should my moviegoing experience be ruined because there are doctors (or whatever important persons might be) in the audience??

Not to mention the ringtones!! I am actually talking about adults, they have such a loud ringtones like boomboxes. Maybe they have a hearing problem....

Anyway, going back to the original question, if you have the right to invade my personal space, I have the right to deffend myself...

P.S.: A death in the family news can wait. The person is probably enjoying him/herself by dinning or having a massage in the spa, why ruin HIS/HER experience??

Last edited:
agentX: So what do you use for your security measures exactly?
Me: well I got a rocket launcher here
agentX: a rocket launcher as a security device? Who are you planning to get with that?
Me: Oh no...you dont understand me. I am not planning to blow up anyone or anything
agentX: than why carry a rocket launcher?
Me: Well I launch a rocket with it at altitude of ten kilometers and the small nano nuclear bomb inside it, detonates sending a small localized EM waves throughout this sector
agentX: what about radioactive waste?
Me: Oh...no worries we all drink red wine here, don't we? As for the radiation, a small amount of it is helpful
agentX: oh boy

Hmmm...yes, of course that extra 50-100 feet the person would have to walk to get out of the jammer's range (i.e. walk out of the theater or restaurant)* could mean the difference in those kinds of calls. :bugeye:

*emergency or not, the people around you that have to listen to you blab while they are trying to have a nice dinner or watch a movie do not give a rat's ass about your emergency. Your spouse could have gotten into a wreck, but if you're talking all loud and frantic, the only thing the other people are thinking are either: 1. STFU and hang up or, 2. take that shit somewhere else

Sam, what exactly was going through your mind when you asked this question?

"Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

But if others don't do unto you as you'd do unto, then shoot 'em! :)

Baron Max

Hmmm...yes, of course that extra 50-100 feet the person would have to walk to get out of the jammer's range (i.e. walk out of the theater or restaurant)* could mean the difference in those kinds of calls. :bugeye:

*emergency or not, the people around you that have to listen to you blab while they are trying to have a nice dinner or watch a movie do not give a rat's ass about your emergency. Your spouse could have gotten into a wreck, but if you're talking all loud and frantic, the only thing the other people are thinking are either: 1. STFU and hang up or, 2. take that shit somewhere else

Sam, what exactly was going through your mind when you asked this question?

That the person should be able to receive a call?

I always turn my phone on vibrate when I am in public places; jamming would mean I could not be contacted in an emergency. e.g. if my kid was sick in school or my dad had a heart attack; after all I cannot always choose where I am going to be.

That the person should be able to receive a call?

I always turn my phone on vibrate when I am in public places; jamming would mean I could not be contacted in an emergency. e.g. if my kid was sick in school or my dad had a heart attack; after all I cannot always choose where I am going to be.
That's a piss poor excuse, as always, Sam.
You seem to be old enough to know that you, and every other MF that's old enough, that you all got along just fine w/o a cell phone before everyone and their mother had one; and you can get along just as well nowadays by waiting just a few minutes to go to a designated area for cell phones; emergency or not. If 30 seconds to a few minutes means that much to someone, then I'd suggest that they lighten their daily schedule a bit.
And the ring tones are just part of it, Sam. Even if it's on vibrate and no one in the theater/restaurant hears it, they will as soon as you answer it and start flapping your lips right in front of them.
If I were a restaurant/theater manager, I would not care about people who just 'have to have their cell phone on'. If they didn't like it, they can go somewhere else and disturb those patrons, while waiting for an 'emergency' call. I'd rather have a plethora of satisfied customers that didn't have to listen to one side of someone's cell phone than to try to satisfy one whiner that has to be attached to their cell phone at the hip.

That's a piss poor excuse, as always, Sam.
You seem to be old enough to know that you, and every other MF that's old enough, that you all got along just fine w/o a cell phone before everyone and their mother had one; and you can get along just as well nowadays by waiting just a few minutes to go to a designated area for cell phones; emergency or not. If 30 seconds to a few minutes means that much to someone, then I'd suggest that they lighten their daily schedule a bit.
And the ring tones are just part of it, Sam. Even if it's on vibrate and no one in the theater/restaurant hears it, they will as soon as you answer it and start flapping your lips right in front of them.
If I were a restaurant/theater manager, I would not care about people who just 'have to have their cell phone on'. If they didn't like it, they can go somewhere else and disturb those patrons, while waiting for an 'emergency' call. I'd rather have a plethora of satisfied customers that didn't have to listen to one side of someone's cell phone than to try to satisfy one whiner that has to be attached to their cell phone at the hip.

People also got along well without transport, internet and sliced bread.

The option to have access is now available and is very useful for people like working mothers and elderly people. I see no reason why I need to go back to the good ole days when I would have to be near a landline before I could be reached. As for flapping lips, you don't need a phone for that.

People also got along well without transport, internet and sliced bread.

The option to have access is now available and is very useful for people like working mothers and elderly people. I see no reason why I need to go back to the good ole days when I would have to be near a landline before I could be reached.
Let me put it into lamen's terms for you then:
Every other patron in the movie theater trying to watch the movie undisturbed trumps anybody with any emergency still yapping on their phone while still in the theater (including the loud, annoying ring)

Jammers are there to ensure that the people, like you, that refuse to turn their cell phones off in the theater....as a sign of courtesy to others....don't answer or talk on their phone in the middle of the theater.

I'm sure theaters and restaurants put up signs if they are jamming cell phone signals. If you see this sign and are one of the people that need their cell phones to be on, go somewhere else.

If I'm ever out on a date, I turn my cell phone off. I also expect my date will turn hers off. If her phone rings and she either answers it or looks at it and puts it back into her purse w/o turning it off, to me the date is over. I find that very disrespectful and discourteous.
"But what if she has to leave it on for her kids, etc?"
A: Then maybe she doesn't have time, or even need to be going on dates. :shrug:

As for flapping lips, you don't need a phone for that.
No, but cell phones seem to make incessant lip-flapping much worse.

Back