Is Islam an Expansionist Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, i am not the right person to ask but from google search it seems that it is less of a problem when the male is Muslim.

I guess the devil is in the details BlueMoose. Besides how could you have one Muslim and one Christian parent? I am not expert on religious codes but i dont think Muslims are permitted to marry Christians.

According to the Qur'an, a Muslim man can marry a woman who is Christian, but a Muslim woman cannot marry a man who is Christian. I guess women are too easily corrupted or something.

In practice though I cannot see this happening either way.

Is Islam an Expansionist Religion?
-It seems so, so is the Christianity. ? .
-Every religion is an expansionist by nature except those whom are oppressed by the other ones. Damn, where is my Kalevala !
-Like a Mind-Virus. ? .
-Just think about it, you are an orphan in some foster home with one Muslim and one Christian parent ? From theist point of view its like playing russian roulette with your soul,
pretty hard choices to make one might think ? How is that fair ?

I'd say there is a difference between being expansionist and evangelical. Christians like to "witness" to others. Muslims like to overrun society and governments to establish Sharia Law. Did you see the video? Christians use a Bible, not a rifle.

Christians want to preach the Gospel all over the world, but they are under no illusions that everyone will accept the faith. Muslims are directed by Allah to convert the entire world to their way of life, by any means necessary. And it is happening.

And The Kalevala of the Day ! (the very last poem !!!)

"Siitäpi nyt menevi, ura uusi urkenevi
laajemmille laulajoille, runsahammille runoille
nuorisossa nousevassa, kansassa kasuavassa."

"There is it now, new growing path
to other singers, to more poems [to come]
in the rising youth, in growing peoples" [folks, populace]

aino.jpg

-Is just love my Kalevala :cool:

I'd say there is a difference between being expansionist and evangelical.
-Just saying, different time lines, or do you call inquisitions by Catholic Church evangelical, that is,
if we are speaking what is the nature of [name one] religion, or are we speaking what have some individual done ?
If latter, its politics me thinks.

According to the Qur'an, a Muslim man can marry a woman who is Christian, but a Muslim woman cannot marry a man who is Christian. I guess women are too easily corrupted or something.

In practice though I cannot see this happening either way.

-How is that justified not to happen in the Bible or Quran ?
-Or is it just a command ~ code ?

BM,

Christians and Jews inter marry pretty frequently with no restrictions, at least in the U.S. Bringing up stuff that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago serves little practical purpose.

What made me think about it was when you said a Muslim and Christian parent. I never thought of it that way so i searched and from the results on Google it seems that would be another fantasy. Maybe i am wrong, we need more experts.

Last edited:
Moose,

1)Christians and Jews marry all the time with no restrictions, at least in the U.S. Bringing up stuff that may or may not have happened thousands of years ago serves little practical purpose.

2)What made me think about it was when you said a Muslim and Christian parent. I never thought of it that way so i searched and from the results on Google it seems that would be another fantasy. Maybe i am wrong, we need more experts.

1)-How is that practical from Theist point of view, if my memory serves me right Jews dont accept Jesus as Messiah (...and isnt that the main thing in Christianity (?), No Christ ~ No Heaven ~ Hell ?
-They have same God (?) and they dont, confusing to say at least, how about their child, is he choosing damnation from Christian Theist point of view if he/she is choosing to be a Jew ?
-How Muslim/Christian marriage differs from Jew/Christian marriage ?

"According to a report in Sunday newspaper News of the World, singer Britney Spears is looking to convert to Islam. The newspaper says that trouble Spears may be considering the move because of current beau, paparazzi boss Adnan Ghalib.

"She's been discussing all these wacky plans to reinvent her life. She has discussed in depth a fake death, moving abroad and even plastic surgery. It is scary to hear her romanticise about these insane plans." A source told the tabloid.

"She believes she could spend six months away and make a comeback as Britney the world's best mother."

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/artman2/publish/celeb_news/Britney_to_convert_to_Islam_26140108.php
2)-So the other one must convert, if she does convert, The God of Christians will cast down to hell, if not, The God of Muslims will be pissed and damnation (?) for her ?
-Damn its confusing, better stick with my Kalevala, cherish it and keep it alive, there is the true wisdom to be found...

Last edited by a moderator:
The conversion demand i believe is only present in Islam.

Dont assume that i necessarily support any organized religions, there are many aspects i find odd about all of them.

Britney Spears is walking a few feet off the ground for sure, she does not need airplane. She was quite a few different religions - Kabbalah (SP) whatever it is called and probably scientology.

-How is that justified not to happen in the Bible or Quran ?
-Or is it just a command ~ code ?

Who may marry who is in Sura 5

5:5. This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

Note that nothing is said of Muslim women being permitted to marry non-Muslim men, and indeed, this is prohibited in Islamic law. This is part of the subjugated status of the dhimmis, the “protected people,” in Islam. Also I believe it is a rule intended to cause the Muslim community to grow and the non-Muslim community to shrink.

However we also have this theme:

5:51. O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

This theme runs throughout the Qur’an.

"According to a report in Sunday newspaper News of the World, singer Britney Spears is looking to convert to Islam. The newspaper says that trouble Spears may be considering the move because of current beau, paparazzi boss Adnan Ghalib.

Oh that's rich! Wasn't long ago that terrorist leaders threatened to kill Spears and Madonna:

Muhammad Abdel-Al, spokesman and senior leader of the Popular Resistance Committees terror organization:

"If I meet these whores I will have the honor – I repeat, I will have the honor – to be the first one to cut the heads off Madonna and Britney Spears if they will keep spreading their satanic culture against Islam."

Final conclusion, religion ~ mind-virus ~ irrational behaviour.
Just hope you got the right one or not at all, I highly recommend Kalevala, ancient wisdom, shamanistic poems of heroic story, a metaphor of the whole universe and earth, sun, moon and the stars, and the human nature itself.

Final conclusion, religion ~ mind-virus ~ irrational behaviour.

Perhaps so. But not all delusional religions are equally dangerous to the world at large. It boggles my mind when atheists say Christianity is as evil and dangerous as Islam as if there were Christian terrorists blowing up women and children all across the globe. That view is delusional too.

They are all potentially dangerous due to the basic endorsement of superstition they all share.

Perhaps so. But not all delusional religions are equally dangerous to the world at large. It boggles my mind when atheists say Christianity is as evil and dangerous as Islam as if there were Christian terrorists blowing up women and children all across the globe. That view is delusional too.
-This is leaning towards politics soon, from outside observing both sides all I can say is... action...reaction...action...reaction...and so on...
-And there were Christian terrorist blowing people up, IRA ?
-Labeling things is easy, observing things without bias is hard.

They are all potentially dangerous due to the basic endorsement of superstition they all share.

Well there is a huge difference between "potentially" and "really" dangerous. It is true there can be extremists in any religion, or with any belief set. There are extremist environmentalists even. However the "potential" danger of most religions is quite low as most preach peace and love. Even many Christians are pacifists. Bahai, Buddhist, Christians, Hindu, all are generally peaceful. One cannot point to any of Jesus' teachings and become motivated to kill non-believers. The Jihadists however point directly to the Qur'an to rationalize their behavior.

-And there were Christian terrorist blowing people up, IRA ?

There is a very important distinction between people of a certain religion who become violent in spite of their religion, and people who become violent because of their religion.

There is a very important distinction between people of a certain religion who become violent in spite of their religion, and people who become violent because of their religion.

-Yes I know, Satan Worshippers are the one.
-A quote from President Bush speech after 911.

"Al Qaeda is to terror what the mafia is to crime. But its goal is not making money; its goal is remaking the world -- and imposing its radical beliefs on people everywhere.

The terrorists practice a fringe form of Islamic extremism that has been rejected by Muslim scholars and the vast majority of Muslim clerics -- a fringe movement that perverts the peaceful teachings of Islam. The terrorists' directive commands them to kill Christians and Jews, to kill all Americans, and make no distinction among military and civilians, including women and children.

This group and its leader -- a person named Osama bin Laden -- are linked to many other organizations in different countries, including the Egyptian Islamic Jihad and the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan. There are thousands of these terrorists in more than 60 countries. They are recruited from their own nations and neighborhoods and brought to camps in places like Afghanistan, where they are trained in the tactics of terror. They are sent back to their homes or sent to hide in countries around the world to plot evil and destruction.

The leadership of al Qaeda has great influence in Afghanistan and supports the Taliban regime in controlling most of that country. In Afghanistan, we see al Qaeda's vision for the world.

Afghanistan's people have been brutalized -- many are starving and many have fled. Women are not allowed to attend school. You can be jailed for owning a television. Religion can be practiced only as their leaders dictate. A man can be jailed in Afghanistan if his beard is not long enough.

The United States respects the people of Afghanistan -- after all, we are currently its largest source of humanitarian aid -- but we condemn the Taliban regime. (Applause.) It is not only repressing its own people, it is threatening people everywhere by sponsoring and sheltering and supplying terrorists. By aiding and abetting murder, the Taliban regime is committing murder.

And tonight, the United States of America makes the following demands on the Taliban: Deliver to United States authorities all the leaders of al Qaeda who hide in your land. (Applause.) Release all foreign nationals, including American citizens, you have unjustly imprisoned. Protect foreign journalists, diplomats and aid workers in your country. Close immediately and permanently every terrorist training camp in Afghanistan, and hand over every terrorist, and every person in their support structure, to appropriate authorities. (Applause.) Give the United States full access to terrorist training camps, so we can make sure they are no longer operating.

These demands are not open to negotiation or discussion. (Applause.) The Taliban must act, and act immediately. They will hand over the terrorists, or they will share in their fate.

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. (Applause.) The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them. (Applause.)

Our war on terror begins with al Qaeda, but it does not end there. It will not end until every terrorist group of global reach has been found, stopped and defeated. (Applause.)

Americans are asking, why do they hate us? They hate what we see right here in this chamber -- a democratically elected government. Their leaders are self-appointed. They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other.

They want to overthrow existing governments in many Muslim countries, such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan. They want to drive Israel out of the Middle East. They want to drive Christians and Jews out of vast regions of Asia and Africa.

These terrorists kill not merely to end lives, but to disrupt and end a way of life. With every atrocity, they hope that America grows fearful, retreating from the world and forsaking our friends. They stand against us, because we stand in their way.

We are not deceived by their pretenses to piety. We have seen their kind before. They are the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions -- by abandoning every value except the will to power -- they follow in the path of fascism, and Nazism, and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way, to where it ends: in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies. (Applause.)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html

LOL You Quote bush as some kind of great knowledgable sage, as if his word ends the discussion.

Bush is a slimy politician who says whatever his masters give him to say. To quote him as if he is an authority on islam shows just how illusional you are.

Bushes speech was pandering to the compromising false muslims who prefer to ignore the call of islam for global jihad until all the world comes under islamic law and there is no other religion but islam.

True muslims do not give a rats ass for such speeches and they have a deep hatred for both the infidel and the compromising false muslims who seek to make friends with the infidel.

The truth of the matter is that the teachings of Jesus lead those who follow them to pacifism. While the teachings of muhammad lead those who follow them to violence.

Yes there are supposed "christians" who take the gun and engage in violence but they are in rebellion against the Words of Jesus and yes there are supposed "muslims" who seek to live in peace and friendship with their non-believing neighbours and they are also in rebellion against the words of muhammad.

I would love for all the peace loving muslims to become followers of Jesus and all the gun toting christians to go and join the jihadists and become muslims, it would make things clearer to the world and make my job easier. But unfortunately that’s not going to happen.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back