Is God Really Pro-Life?

Not according to the Bible. And as I understand it, the god of the Muslims isn't pro-life either according to the Koran.

See? God knows that there are evil people in the world that should die!

Baron Max

Pro life as in abortion or pro-life as in not killing everybody all the time? It doesn't matter, the answers no for both.

I agree!

God does not appear to be Pro-Life Himself.

So if I am personally Pro-Life, might that place me in open rebellion against God's will?

It would seem so.

I agree!

God does not appear to be Pro-Life Himself.

So if I am personally Pro-Life, might that place me in open rebellion against God's will?

It would seem so.

I don't think so, at least as far as abortion is concerned. But for not putting people to death for every minor infraction then yes that does go against God's will. If you don't stone everyone you know for committing adultery then you are disobeying a direct order from God himself.

I don't think so, at least as far as abortion is concerned. But for not putting people to death for every minor infraction then yes that does go against God's will. If you don't stone everyone you know for committing adultery then you are disobeying a direct order from God himself.

I think that abortion would have to be included in this since the killing of a sinful woman would automatically result in the abortion of any resulting innocent fetus from a sexual union. Parents are supposed to stone to death their own daughter if she is found to not be a virgin on her wedding day. So they are basically commanded to participate in the abortion of their own grand children, right?

What "wonderful" family values we have here!

God is obviously pro-death as well as pro-life because if god was only pro-life, we would be immortal.

Judge for yourself...

Zephaniah 1:18-19 (New International Version)
I will bring distress on the people
and they will walk like blind men,
because they have sinned against the LORD.
Their blood will be poured out like dust
and their entrails like filth.

Neither their silver nor their gold
will be able to save them
on the day of the LORD's wrath.
In the fire of his jealousy
the whole world will be consumed,
for he will make a sudden end
of all who live in the earth.

God is prolife which is why it is written that "thou shall not kill (ie. murder)". God, being the Creator, has the right to take life and delegates this right to the state to punish evil doers. Being pro life has nothing to do with excercising the right of self defense. killing defenseless children while they reside in the womb is in opposition to the biblical God, which is why so many Christians oppose it.

PRO LIFE has always been just a Political Calculation.

Originally the Catholics threw in behind it to increase their numbers, back in the days when Statesmen and Presidents calculated their chances in War by the Birthrate of the Countries they were allied with. The Unaborted Fetus today will be tomorrows Solder -- "Charge those Machine Guns! (after enough bodies those guns have GOT to run out of bullets!)"

Then the Republicans did the math and decided that their own Pro-Life Program would suck in the Catholic Vote, normally Democratic (Remember John Kennedy), and change the entire Electoral Landscape. And the Stupid Bishops could not guess what was happening. So the Pro Life Aggenda made allies between otherwise decent Catholics and those Scum Bag Predatory Protestants, Republicans for short.

Actually, in the Bible they make it clearly to be understood that a Baby, even when born, is not a Human Being until the Presentation. Well into the Modern Era it is largely to be expected that a great deal of Nostril Pinching was going on, that is, suffocating the baby shortly after birth, and telling the mother that the poor little baby did not make it. Really, when people used to look around and see that a Family's resources were hardly sufficient to support the present conglomeration of mouths to feed, then between a practical father and a realistic Mid-wife, they would see their sad duty before them. Indeed, the rather sizeable Infant Mortality Rates of the past centuries make little sense otherwise.

The way it is now, anybody who agitates for Pro-Life should be placed on a list of those who would willingly receive any baby that could be dropped off on their doorstep, and then they would be held responsible for their entire upbringing, and responsible for the consequences also -- if one of their Charges becomes a Criminal and goes to Prison, well, we can see that there was a failure to Take Responsibility and the Do Gooder Pro-Life person should go to jail too. Really, anytime a person, who would have been aborted in the normal scheme of things goes bad and turns into a social burden or a social liability, they should round up some Pro-Life Person to pay and take the blame.

As it is now they just go to rallies and shoot their mouths off, vote for Predator Politicians, and laugh at the consequences... pleased that God is forgiving them all their Sins after Sin after Sin.

Last edited:
God is prolife which is why it is written that "thou shall not kill (ie. murder)". God, being the Creator, has the right to take life and delegates this right to the state to punish evil doers. Being pro life has nothing to do with excercising the right of self defense. killing defenseless children while they reside in the womb is in opposition to the biblical God, which is why so many Christians oppose it.

Exactly right. It is also why He is anti-contraception, because you are murdering children the He wants born. God knows each child before conception, hence the prescription against onanism and seed spilling, which applies equally well to contraception.

That's why I have to reject God's silly standards on those points.

Leo --- Well into the Modern Era it is largely to be expected that a great deal of Nostril Pinching was going on, that is, suffocating the baby shortly after birth, and telling the mother that the poor little baby did not make it. Really, when people used to look around and see that a Family's resources were hardly sufficient to support the present conglomeration of mouths to feed, then between a practical father and a realistic Mid-wife, they would see their sad duty before them.

Stranger =====Sadly that did happen who knows how many times but

Leo --- Indeed, the rather sizeable Infant Mortality Rates of the past centuries make little sense otherwise.

Stranger =====... there were other reasons for high infant mortality rates.

Leo --- The way it is now, anybody who agitates for Pro-Life should be placed on a list of those who would willingly receive any baby that could be dropped off on their doorstep

Stranger ==== I'd be the 1st on that list but the rest of that paragraph is absurd.

Seti --- What "wonderful" family values we have here!

Stranger ==== The Holy Babble is the worst values & the ignorant arrogant hypocrites irk me when they claim high morals. It's actually very anti family.

Eidolan --- if god was only pro-life, we would be immortal.

Stranger ==== Christians believe they will live forever & most believe all others will also tho in agony.

Onan wasn't a matter of seed spilling in general. He was defeating a specific purpose.

killing defenseless children while they reside in the womb is in opposition to the biblical God, which is why so many Christians oppose it.

Then why does God command that a woman who has had sexual intercourse outside of marriage be killed when He knows full well that there could easily be a defenseless child residing within her? Killing her means killing that innocent child and yet that is exactly what the God of the Bible commands.

Why must that innocent child die for the sins of his/her mother under the command of God? What sin has that child done?

I really would appreciate an explanation for this! :bugeye:

I think that this pic should end any debate in this forum about god.
jesusjpg-2

sorry, internet's being slow, it's the second one I'm talking about.

God being pro-life doesn't neccessarily mean that we wouldn't die, it's just that he wouldn't kill us.

I think it's pretty much an irrelevant question. Convince me that God exists first..

Back