Is Driving A Privilege?

Answer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amendment XIV (1868)
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

tHIS AMMENDMENT WAS WRITTEN FOR SLAVES... who had no rights.

in 1933... they made everyone... everyone.. an ex-slave.
who has no rights.... and is given priviledges and benefits, and protection by the state.

get it?

stop talking about rights.

you have none.

Emergency Powers Statutes
(Senate Report 93-549)
In this 1973 official report, the U.S. Senate admits that the Emergency Powers given to the President under the pretense of the National Emergency of 1933 have remained in force and that the normal function of the Federal government has been suspended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93d Congress
SENATE
Report No. 93-549
1st Session
EMERGENCY POWERS STATUTES:

PROVISIONS OF FEDERAL LAW NOW IN EFFECT DELEGATING TO THE EXECUTIVE EXTRAORDINARY AUTHORITY IN TIME OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY UNITED STATES SENATE NOVEMBER 19, 1973

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE
WASHINGTON : 1973
24-509 O
SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON THE TERMINATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY

FRANK CHURCH, Idaho Co-Chairman
PHILIP A. HART, Michigan
CLAIBORNE PELL, Rhode Island
ADLAI E. STEVENSON III, Illinois CHARLES McC MATHIAS, Jr., Maryland
CLIFFORD P. CASE, New Jersey
JAMES B. PEARSON, Kansas
CLIFFORD P. HANSEN, Wyoming
WILLIAM G. MILLER, Staff Director
THOMAS A. DINE, Professional Staff

FOREWORD

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.

These proclamations give force to 470 provisions of Federal law. These hundreds of statutes delegate to the President extraordinary powers, ordinarily exercised by the Congress, which affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing manners. This vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal Constitutional processes.

Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communication; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.

Well I said even if they fail the tests we should allow it until something comes along that would cause us to revoke it.

So my sister, who failed the driving test because she lacks the proper reflexes to drive safely, should be allowed to drive?
We should allow anyone to drive, regardless how fast they drive, how recklessly they drive, how drunk they drive or how disabled they are - until they kill someone?
If someone drives through a school parking lot at 100MPH, and did not happen to kill anyone, he should be allowed to drive still?
And if he does this every day, this should be allowed (but fined, of course) until he does kill someone?
If someone regularly drives impaired and gets caught he should be allowed to keep driving until he happens to jump a curb and kill a family?

Agh, damn. I thought the poll question was "Is Driving A Right?" to which I replied "No", but instead I advocated that it is indeed a right. Damn your polls, darksidZz!

Well I said even if they fail the tests we should allow it until something comes along that would cause us to revoke it.

So a person who fails the tests (which are designed to show whether a person is capable of driving or not) should be allowed to drive until they have an accident?

So a person who fails the tests (which are designed to show whether a person is capable of driving or not) should be allowed to drive until they have an accident?

Makes perfect sense to me! :bugeye:

And I wonder why I started ignoring his posts?

If driving is a right, then the government needs to give me a free car and a lifetime supply of free gasoline. No one should be denied their rights simply because of a lack of money!! :D

It's hard to believe that this silly-assed post is still going on?!

Hundreds of thousands of people died horrible deaths while y'all were wrangling over this driving issue .....and no one noticed all of the deaths from starvation and disease. Pretty amazing, ain't it, what some people consider important.

Baron Max

Agh, damn. I thought the poll question was "Is Driving A Right?" to which I replied "No", but instead I advocated that it is indeed a right. Damn your polls, darksidZz!

You can't read and his polls are damned? ;)

I believe it's a human right and cannot be taken away,

Sure it is not and sure it can be taken away.

There you go, question answered, case closed. Next question?

P.S.: It is not up for debate...

: stares : yes, but of course I see this : looks around : then again you never know mr. original, the right man in the right place can make all the diff-erence- now u have chosen wis-el-y for-me and I value that.. damned is what we both will be-e mr. original

: cheap imitation of the spooky guy from half-life 2 :

Oh wait, this is too funny. ahemm....

"The right poll in the right place can make all the difference." ~ Weird guy from Half Life 2 lmao

Back