Is breastfeeding obscene?

Is breastfeeding in public obscene?

• Yes

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 90.7%

• Total voters
I gotta agree with Enmos here. I don't see how anal sex could be pleasurable, it just seems equivalent to taking a dump except with a repeated in and out motion.

It feels absolutely wonderful if done right with the right person. It's very different. It's like comparing a clitoral orgasm to peeing. Vaguely related, but much, much better.

I still don't get the fact that people actually dare to compare breastfeeding with ...defecation.

a) there's no bodily waste left after breastfeeding contrarily to ..."shitting and pissing"
b) the milk that the breasts produce is actually...drinkable while sh*t and piss isn't something I'd pour down my throat..but yeah, whatever floats your boat.
c) breastfeeding can be at the most be as disgusting as when some ugly fat twat noms on some really really greasy steak and eats with an open mouth. Well, do you want to ban fat people with no manners, too? I find it obscene how some people consume their food.
d) breastfeeding doesn't reek contrarily to faeces and urine.
e) you're a sicko if you compare breastfeeding to public sex. What's with those twats who get a hard one when they see a mum feeding her baby? If someone needs to get banned then it's those sickoes.
f) if customers cause such a ruckus because a mum is breastfeeding her kid which generally takes like..20 minutes if I'm not mistaken, then I must say..what the Hell is wrong with them? You don't stare at other people. That's not well-mannered.

Etc.

Heh. You said it. I didn't. Every psycho go yell at her!!!

They may have to. What if they can't afford a wheelchair or a vehicle capable of transporting one?

What if I can't afford formula or have a preemie I have to feed on the spot? That's a strawman.

And you still are ignoring the fact that one is a voluntary behavior that resulted from a series of choices and the other is a physical injury/flaw that is almost always involuntary.

Uh, no. Lactating is not voluntary. Trust me. Ever have your titties go off because a baby's crying? Great way to end up with a sopping wet shirt. For some women, it's feed or make a mess RIGHT THEN.

That's like arguing that a business that refuses to hire someone covered with tattoos and piercings is doing the same thing as the business that refuses to hire a black person. One is voluntary and a possible consequence of behavior and life choices. The other is mistreating someone for something they can't help.

As someone who has piercings and tattoos: Bullshit. You cannot compare race or tattooing to motherhood.

Are you a disabled person who is confined to a wheelchair?

At least I've been pregnant and given birth and studying medicine and am somehow vaguely qualified to take part in the conversation rather than just blurting my thoughts based on a gross misunderstanding of private property and discrimination law. And I was married to someone who was disabled. I think I know something about this.

There's a pretty valid argument that it isn't discriminatory. Prudish and lame, maybe, but not discriminatory in any sensible use of the term.
And saying, "That's a good argument!" shows what a good argument it is. :rolleyes:

Believing that, "You aren't allowed to engage in that activity on our property." is exactly the same as, "We don't allow your race/gender/ethnicity/sexual orientation/etc. on our property." doesn't seem particularly sensible to me.[/QUOTE]

Then you're just clueless. I'm done here.

I am soooooo pissed!

I just wrote a big long post and lost it! @$@#^$^$%^#

I hear you! Shorty, when you make long reply, copy all texts (without pasting them anywhere) before you click send. In case you lost them, then you can just paste them in the new reply box.

What if I can't afford formula or have a preemie I have to feed on the spot? That's a strawman.

It's the real-world. A bottle of formula is cheaper than wheelchairs or one of those special vans designed to accommodate severely disabled people.

As someone who has piercings and tattoos: Bullshit. You cannot compare race or tattooing to motherhood.

True, because tattoos and motherhood tend to be voluntary. Race isn't.

At least I've been pregnant and given birth and studying medicine and am somehow vaguely qualified to take part in the conversation rather than just blurting my thoughts based on a gross misunderstanding of private property and discrimination law. And I was married to someone who was disabled. I think I know something about this.

Common sense tells me that fire is hotter than an ice cube. It also tells me that while breast pumps may not be fun or easy, they're almost certainly less inconvenient than living your life in a wheelchair.

I actually spent a few weeks in a wheelchair during my sophomore year of high school (had surgery on my foot). It was by far the most frustrating, humiliating and inconvenient thing I've ever experienced.

And saying, "That's a good argument!" shows what a good argument it is. :rolleyes:

And a rolling-eyed smiley disproves any point, doesn't it?

Then you're just clueless. I'm done here.

Acknowledging the fact that prohibiting certain behaviors on your property ISN'T the same thing as banning entire racial/gender/sexual orientation groups makes me clueless? In your world, saying, "Please don't do that in my home." is the same as saying, "No [insert racial/ethnic group here] will ever set foot in my home."? Seriously?

Last edited:
Too bad the poll isn't public. I'd be interested in seeing who thinks that public breastfeeding is obscene.

Okay. I just realized I'm talking to someone who doesn't understand what a strawman argument is. >_<

I have ten million things to do today. I direct you to any person here who understands the concept of civil rights, motherhood, and basic property law. Ask Bells or Jessie or VI. They are far more patient than I am.

Acid Cowboy;2290626 Acknowledging the fact that prohibiting certain behaviors on your property ISN'T the same thing as banning entire racial/gender/sexual orientation groups makes me clueless? In your world said:
will ever step foot in my home."? Seriously?

I agree with what you are saying. The 2 things aren't comparable at all.
As a Business owner myself, I have the right to have certain rules apply when shopping in my establishment. Grocery stores, restaurants, musuems...etc have the right to certain rules as well. Just because some people think the rules are ridiculous doesn't mean everyone does. Everyone has a voice, since they are all paying customers.

They are dress codes, or behavioral issues not excluding a certain race. :rolleyes:

I think however on the issue of breastfeeding in public, if they discourage public breastfeeding, they should have the proper facilities that the woman can use and comfortably feed her child in private. That only seems fair to me.

Perhaps, but I can't be assed to read the entire thread :p

I'm assuming that ElectricFetus finds it obscene. Other than that...?

I have no problem with public breastfeeding and voted "No" in the poll. I just have some disagreements with some of the issues related to the subject.

Perhaps, but I can't be assed to read the entire thread :p

You're lazy and live to derail things. :p

I'll deal with you LATER.
I agree with what you are saying. The 2 things aren't comparable at all.
As a Business owner myself, I have the right to have certain rules apply when shopping in my establishment. Grocery stores, restaurants, musuems...etc have the right to certain rules as well. Just because some people think the rules are ridiculous doesn't mean everyone does. Everyone has a voice, since they are all paying customers.

They are dress codes, or behavioral issues not excluding a certain race. :rolleyes:

I think however on the issue of breastfeeding in public, if they discourage public breastfeeding, they should have the proper facilities that the woman can use and comfortably feed her child in private. That only seems fair to me.

Absolutely, and a proper facility is not a bloody hot car or bathroom.

It feels absolutely wonderful if done right with the right person. It's very different. It's like comparing a clitoral orgasm to peeing. Vaguely related, but much, much better.

How the hell did a thread about breastfeeding turn into, experiences with anal sex? :bugeye:

Back