Iraqi Arab Jews

The Iraqi Islamic Party was formed in 1960 as the Iraqi branch of the Brotherhood,[74] but was banned from 1961 during the nationalist rule of Abd al-Karim Qasim. As government repression hardened under the Baath Party from February 1963, the group was forced to continue underground. After the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime in 2003, the Islamic Party has reemerged as one of the main advocates of the country's Sunni community. It has been sharply critical of the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq, but participates in the political process.[75] Its leader is Tariq Al-Hashimi.

Okay, I can agree to 1960 for the offical branch, but covert opts allows for a presence in Iraq before 1960. They could have been operating in Iraq before the recognized offical branch and most likely were.

You know, its not likely the Brotherhood suddenly was there in Iraq in 1960 but not before. The Israelis think the brotherhood had influence in Iraq before 1960.

Yeah I bet they do :rolleyes:

I would think they would have come in sometime after the British established their Sunni Puppet leader. Not sure how much influence Egyptians had with the Regent Abdullah, but the Kurdish leaders who came after him would not have entertained them

Last edited:
Thats a rather vague statement. And no source reference.

I'll look into it.

Alternatively, historian Moshe Gat argues that there was little direct connection between the bombings and the exodus of Jewish refugees. Gat questions the guilt of the alleged Jewish bombthrowers who were found guilty in an Iraqi court of having perpetrated one of the bombings. He cites a rumour that a Christian Iraqi army officer "known for his anti-Jewish views", was initially arrested for the crime, but was evidently not charged despite the large number of explosive materials matching those used in an earlier synagogue bombing that were allegedly found in his home. He further cites a long history of anti-Jewish bomb-throwing incidents in Iraq.

Israeli officials of the time and in particular Mordechai Ben Porat and Shlomo Hillel, prominent figures at the Iraqi Zionist underground, vehemently deny the charges. An internal investigation conducted in Israel in 1960 found no proof of an order to execute such an attack. More possible responsible parties have been suggested, such as the Iraqi CID and the Muslim Brotherhood.....This excerpt was taken from one of my previous posts.

Israelis suspicions of either the Iraqi CID and or the Muslim Brotherhood were responsible for the bombing is still valid and can’t be discounted just because the brotherhood’s official branch was formed in 1960.

Another suspect....A rumour that a Christian Iraqi army officer "known for his anti-Jewish views", was initially arrested for the crime, but was evidently not charged despite the large number of explosive materials matching those used in an earlier synagogue bombing that were allegedly found in his home.

Naeim Giladi's claim jews were killing jews doesn't standup under scrutiny.

Last edited:
Israelis suspicions of either the Iraqi CID and or the Muslim Brotherhood were responsible for the bombing is still valid and can’t be discounted just because the brotherhood’s official branch was formed in 1960.

Another suspect....A rumour that a Christian Iraqi army officer "known for his anti-Jewish views", was initially arrested for the crime, but was evidently not charged despite the large number of explosive materials matching those used in an earlier synagogue bombing that were allegedly found in his home.

And what was the name of this Christian Iraqi army officer? And a name of any one Muslim brotherhood member in Iraq at the time?

And what was the name of this Christian Iraqi army officer? And a name of any one Muslim brotherhood member in Iraq at the time?

You rant about Israel and its time you re-evaluate.

Last edited:
I asked for evidence for your assertions, as I gave for every one of mine. :)

I searched too and came up blank. Can't find any record, even a blogpost of a Chritistian Iraqi army officer who was found with explosives in his keeping.

What I did find was a report of the British Irgun setup

terroroutofzionthefight.png

So we have names, places and actual people vs vague allegations.

I'm about done here.

Yeah me too

That excerpt from the British report is example of a covert operation that failed. We know Raziel was killed by a German bomb while in Iraq.

The need now is peace and stability in the Middle East.

Last edited:
I really believe if it wasn't for al Qaeda the U.S. wouldn't be in Iraq at this late date, instead Iraq would be on their own by now. The truth is it cost to much money these days to make war.

That excerpt from the British report is example of a covert operation that failed. We know Raziel was killed by a German bomb while in Iraq.

We know that the Irgun says Raziel was killed by a German bomb. I find it very strange that a bomb thrown from a aircraft onto the top of a car, takes off the top of the car, the head of one guy and both legs of another but leaves two other people in the car unhurt/

And we have no idea what the two survivors did after or what the "other British maneouvers" were for which they needed the Irgun distraction. Or did the British just leave their citizens as hostage, in Iraq?

The need now is peace and stability in the Middle East.

Well it won't happen as long as there are resources there that others need.

SAM,
Everything is going green thinking and the technologies to make it happen are in the works. I really don't know what the Middle East countries are going to do say in 20 years from now when nobody wants the oil. The Middle East leaders should make friends now because they are going to need them in the future.

I don't know what the dictators will say, but the people will thank God. :p

Surely the people will but that won't fill their stomachs.

And oil does? Not really. You can't eat it, you can't drink it and its caused them 80 years of dictatorship, occupation, grief and regression. All the Arab lands are much worse off now at social level than they were in the 1920s.

The oil that is sold to other countries brings in revenues keeping the Middle East countries economies afloat. Right now those revenues is what the folks in the Middle East are using to feed themselves.

Less demand for oil will cause the price for a barrel of oil to drop. I can envision oil under $10 a barrel in a few years. We will see unrest in the Middle East like never before when that happens.

Back