Influencing children to become heterosexual

Should parents ever try to infulence their children to become heterosexual?

• YES

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

D'ster

Registered Senior Member
Do you guys think it is OK for parents to try to influence their children to become heterosexual?

The question of this poll is whether a set of people should promote the idea they believe in unto a developing person. Human adaption is also a factor that depends on how good the ideas of humans and their beliefs are copied unto the youngsters. Therefore the question is whether heterosexuals really have the power to influence the young human to accept the beliefs they are led by. And the obvious answer is: YES. Otherwise if homosexuals were more powerful, this world would have died of long ago.

How much power do you hold to pass on your beliefs to the future?

In both polls I voted no. It's a natural INSTINCT to be heterosexual. Why the hell should be have to teach them anything? If I were 5 and my parents tried to teach me to be heterosexual... I would ask "why are you telling me this?" Then I might grow up confused for the rest of my life.

I still wish my dad answered me when I was 8 and asked him what a "boner" was after watching the Simpsons.

Mosheh Thezion said:
of course it is... they want grand children....

-MT

Why the hell should we have to teach them? It's moronic to even bring up the idea of homosexuality to a child or to tell them it is wrong to be anything other than heterosexual. Let them be what nature makes them, not idiotic parenting and letting society's garbage corrupt them with false ideologies.

EXACTLY... why bring up the option of being gay???

it shouldnt even be mentioned.....

if they are naturally gay... then we cant stop it.

if they arent... then it doesnt matter... does it..

luckily... gayness only happens... in 13 % of the population....

so the odds are good.

-MT

Why teach children to be heterosexual or homosexual? Because that is the idea you believe in, in this world. In order to prove successfull in this world in evolution one must prove that the genes are successfull at passing on to next generation because of this idea.

Absane said:
Why teach children to be heterosexual?
If you have children sooner or later you should speak with them about sex and sexuality.

I have a boy 9 years old and when the issue of sex comes up I do my best to explain to him in a positive manner about the good and bad of a sexual relationship between a man and a women.
But I would never speak with him in a positive manner to consider the option of having a sexual relationship with a man as a equal alternative.

D'ster said:
If you have children sooner or later you should speak with them about sex and sexuality.

I have a boy 9 years old and when the issue of sex comes up I do my best to explain to him in a positive manner about the good and bad of a sexual relationship between a man and a women.
But I would never speak with him in a positive manner to consider the option of having a sexual relationship with a man as a equal alternative.

My parents never gave me "the talk" or any of my other siblings. We all turned out heterosexual. I have plenty of friends the same way, too. This isn't a good representative sample but I think it's signifcant enough.

I suppose if a child askes you about sex, it's best to explain it as natural... and not give them the slightest feeling that it is "weird" to be homosexual. All that would do is confuse them.

Absane said:
My parents never gave me "the talk" or any of my other siblings. We all turned out heterosexual. I have plenty of friends the same way, too. This isn't a good representative sample but I think it's signifcant enough.

I suppose if a child askes you about sex, it's best to explain it as natural... and not give them the slightest feeling that it is "weird" to be homosexual. All that would do is confuse them.
The fact that you want to tell kids that homosexuality is "natural", is all the proof needed that your parents never gave you "the talk" or any of your other siblings.

D'ster said:
The fact that you want to tell kids that homosexuality is "natural", is all the proof needed that your parents never gave you "the talk" or any of your other siblings.

What? Why would I tell them homosexuality is natural? I suppose I put my words together in such a way that it seems like I said that.

What I meant was that sex itself is natural, not homosexuality. Yes, I think homosexuality occurs naturally... but I would not convince them that is the way to go.

Me, I would made the modest suggestion that "when a man and a woman love each other..." however I would also hate to raise a child that was born homosexual and to have them confused their whole life because I forced them to only like the opposite sex.

Mosheh Thezion,

of course it is... they want grand children....
Well you don't always get what you want in life.

Why should a person be influenced to be heterosexual simply because their parents want them to have their grandchildren? Since when do parents have the right to dictate how their child will live their life?

EXACTLY... why bring up the option of being gay???

it shouldnt even be mentioned.....
Should the option of being heterosexual be mentioned while the option of being homosexual isn't being mentioned at all?

luckily... gayness only happens... in 13 % of the population....

so the odds are good.
Luckily? The odds are good? Gayness?

I smell a homophobe in our midst...

D'ster,

Why not?

The fact that you want to tell kids that homosexuality is "natural",
Telling them there's nothing wrong with being gay is not the same as telling them they should be gay. You mentioned yourself speaking with children about homosexuality as an equal alternative. Equal as in not a better or worse alternative.

is all the proof needed that your parents never gave you "the talk" or any of your other siblings.
Can you say "non sequitur"?

D'ster said:
Do you guys think it is OK for parents to try to influence their children to become heterosexual?
Influence doesn't make someone heterosexual, it's all biological. Hence forth there is no influence. There is however.... shock therapy, that has been used and it did change someone. But shock therapy is extremely painful. It's just cruel to force someone's mindset by means of such painful therapy.

D'ster said:
Are all biological twins both either homosexual or heterosexual?

Not

I got to agree. Heterosexuality and homosexuality are natural, but you would be suprised how much society can influence one's behavior.

i think as i said in the opposite thread on homosexuality, the child should be given the choice and have nothing forced onto him

There is no choice in matters like this. Your sexual orientation is something to be discovered.

Back