Incestuous Lot

WildBlue, do you ever give up on your constant spread of false information of Islam or Muslims?
well, as long as you lie to protect islam, I'll just have to spread the love

Homosexuality is not common among Muslims in the Middle East at all. Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam. Most of the cultures of the Middle East before the advent of Islam also have been against this practice.
you're right, it's called something else when its mutual sex-play between males that don't have access to marriage to a female.
same thing happens in our jails, they don't call it "homo" either, its just power that determines who gets to penetrate who

To say this practice is common in Afghanistan is the biggest lie I have ever heard. I have been there, i can assure you it is not.
then, you must be a really ugly man or a veiled woman :)

WildBlueYonder, are you trying to imply that homosexuality is in fact not forbidden in Islam?

I've been told by people who used to work in KSA that Mecca is a gay Mecca. One guy said he is not a homophobe but he would rather piss in his pants than go to a public laboratory - that many Arab men would confront him with offers while he was taking a leak.

I don't know if that was a true story but he really had no reason to make it up. I was just part of a number of stories of when he worked in KSA for an oil company.

Michael

....Homosexuality is not common among Muslims in the Middle East at all. Homosexuality is forbidden in Islam. Most of the cultures of the Middle East before the advent of Islam also have been against this practice.

To say this practice is common in Afghanistan is the biggest lie I have ever heard. I have been there, i can assure you it is not.

Its as common as anywhere else there are people. Just because the theology teaches its wrong (just like Christianity) doesn't mean people don't do it.

I'd never seen gay people together til I was 24. That doesn't mean they didn't exist. Just because you didn't see them in Afghanistan doesn't mean they aren't there.

What does it matter? Christians are hypocrits on this topic as well.

The Ottomans were notorious homosexuals and I have heard stories of male nurses being sodomised in Saudi Arabia, so I'm pretty sure it exists in the Muslim world as it does elsewhere.

And the prevalence of homosexual relations (and bisexual ones) in Afghanistan is no secret

http://www.sodomylaws.org/world/afghanistan/afnews009.htm

Also:
In Kandahar an ancient ethnic custom seemed to become more public after the fall of the Taliban. This is where an adult man, the "Pashtuns" selects a young teenage boy, the "'Ashna" and gives the teenage boy money or gifts in exchange for sexual favors. This form of prostitution seems to flourish in Kandahar due to the poverty of the teenagers and the fact their are strict social taboos about single men mixing with women. In fact, the government had to enact a law that banned Afghan solders from having their "ashna" live with them. [2]. Yet, the national criminal code provides harsh sanctions for anyone convicted of sexual conduct outside of a legal marriage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Afghanistan

well, as long as you lie to protect islam, I'll just have to spread the love

It's against my religion or my way to lie, I have alot of experience in living in many places in the Muslim world. I can assure you that it is not common.

you're right, it's called something else when its mutual sex-play between males that don't have access to marriage to a female.
same thing happens in our jails, they don't call it "homo" either, its just power that determines who gets to penetrate who

I'm afraid this is a thinking remnant of Orientalist propaganda which assumed Muslims as the anti-Christianity religion. For many centuries, it was even taught in Europe that (God forbid) Muslims hate Jesus (peace be upon him), were polytheists, and that perverted sexuality and other heinous actions were common in the Middle East.

then, you must be a really ugly man or a veiled woman :)

My friend, we don't have to resort to racism. We can talk like civilized men that we are.

The Ottomans were notorious homosexuals and I have heard stories of male nurses being sodomised in Saudi Arabia, so I'm pretty sure it exists in the Muslim world as it does elsewhere.

I have read plenty about Islamic history and I have never heard of such a thing practiced by the Ottomans.

I don't know where it is prevalent in Saudi Arabia, but perhaps it exists among the saudi royal family who engage in more heinous and immoral acts than this.

And the prevalence of homosexual relations (and bisexual ones) in Afghanistan is no secret

I'm sorry Sam, I don't agree as I have relatives in Afghanistan and some many connections there. I don't agree with you.

Its as common as anywhere else there are people. Just because the theology teaches its wrong (just like Christianity) doesn't mean people don't do it.

I'd never seen gay people together til I was 24. That doesn't mean they didn't exist. Just because you didn't see them in Afghanistan doesn't mean they aren't there.

What does it matter? Christians are hypocrits on this topic as well.

I was commenting on 1. that Islam deems this act acceptable, as alleged by WildBlue 2. that it is prevalent in Afghanistan or other places in the Middle East.

Islam forbids this act, and it is uncommon in Afghanistan. However, we cannot say it does not exist, but it is rare, most likely practiced by the more secular individuals in Afghanistan (who, in Afghanistan, are extremely rare).

I don't understand where exactly WildBlue is coming from as in America, 10% of the entire US population is homosexual, this is almost 26 million people (rough estimate).

....I don't understand where exactly WildBlue is coming from as in America, 10% of the entire US population is homosexual, this is almost 26 million people (rough estimate).

Yeah, 10% is a myth. 2.8 percent of the male, and 1.4 percent of the female, population identify themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. If it was 10% they would have a heck of a lot more power here.

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IF04A01

It's against my religion or my way to lie, I have alot of experience in living in many places in the Muslim world. I can assure you that it is not common.
I understand, but you may give off "don't mess with me" vibes to the "so inclined", at 52 years old, I have never been propositioned by men, though women, now that is an other matter ;-)

My friend, we don't have to resort to racism. We can talk like civilized men that we are.
I wasn't being racist, I was joking around, you must be touchy about your looks or your race?
seems to me, that you either are very stern looking (an imam perhaps), or your reputation proceeds you or or you do not understand the world around you (like obvious hints or evidence) or you have lead a very sheltered life indeed

I have read plenty about Islamic history and I have never heard of such a thing practiced by the Ottomans.
you need to find a more comprehensive library, that does not hide the truth or sugar-coat it
you have access to the internet, use google, ask.com, yahoo, if you don't believe me

I was commenting on 1. that Islam deems this act acceptable, as alleged by WildBlue 2. that it is prevalent in Afghanistan or other places in the Middle East.

Islam forbids this act, and it is uncommon in Afghanistan. However, we cannot say it does not exist, but it is rare, most likely practiced by the more secular individuals in Afghanistan (who, in Afghanistan, are extremely rare).
ho hum, human nature is perverse, without a conscience people do what they want, when they want to, wherever they want to
2 diff USAF airmen told basically the same story about Ramadan
around 1977, my sup Ramon C-O, told me about being at Wheelis AFB in Libya, that during Ramadan all the local men would want to break the gates to have sex with airmen,
around 1988, my college room-mate, ex-USAF told me that in Izmir Air Force Base, Turkey, that the reason turks wore those puffy pants (like MJ Hammer), was that during Ramadan, males would sodomize each other, then save their poop, to inspect just in case they gave birth to the madhi, which to them would be born of a man
hey, I didn't make that up, what say you?

I don't understand where exactly WildBlue is coming from as in America, 10% of the entire US population is homosexual, this is almost 26 million people (rough estimate).
so? is that supposed to mean something?
I prefer people that are truthful about who & what they are; not coy, hidden lives, that way you know where they stand & why, otherwise you have to try to understand their motives, desires, goals, a much harder proposition that way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_the_Middle_East
The valorization of youthful male beauty is found in the Qur'an itself: "And there shall wait on them [the Muslim men] young boys of their own, as fair as virgin pearls." (Qur’an 52:24; 56:17; 76:19). Islamic jurisprudence generally considers that attraction towards beautiful youths is normal and natural. The Hanbalite jurist Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 1200) is reputed to have said that "He who claims that he experiences no desire when looking at beautiful boys or youths is a liar, and if we could believe him he would be an animal, and not a human being." [5] However, anal intercourse (liwat), is proscribed and men are advised to be even more wary of attraction to beautiful boys than to beautiful women, through religious injunctions exhorting them to resist this temptation. It is related that the Prophet Muhammad enjoined his followers to "Beware of beardless youth for they are a greater source of mischief than young maidens." [6]
Likewise, the imam and legal scholar Sufyan at-Thawri (d. 783 CE) asserted, regarding sexual temptation, that "If every woman has one devil accompanying her, then a handsome lad has seventeen."[7]

In Islamic Persia, where, as Louis Crompton claims, "boy love flourished spectacularly," literature also made frequent use of the pederastic topos, often referred to as baccheh bazi, (the boy game). Omar Khayyám's (d. 1123) quatrains, Attar (d. 1220), Rumi (d. 1273), Sa'adi (d. 1291) in his Rose Garden, Hafez Shirazi (d. 1389) in his ghazals, Jami (d. 1492), and even Iraj Mirza (d. 1926) wrote works "replete with homoerotic allusions, as well as explicit references to beautiful young boys and to the practice of pederasty." [16]

In the Ottoman empire, same-sex relations between men and youths were often of a mercantile nature. The sex workers involved - who were never Muslims but were youths bought or levied or captured from neighboring nations, such as Armenia, Greece, and the Balkan states - were either entertainers such as the köçeks or masseurs in the hammams known as tellak. The köçek tradition was a central element of Ottoman culture, flourishing from the seventeenth to the nineteenth centuries. It was brought to an end by its very success in that the competition for the handsome boy dancers became a threat to public order, and the practice was banned in 1856 under the reign of Sultan Abd-ul-Mejid I.

The sexual doings of the Turks came under frequent criticism by their Christian neighbors. The Chronicles of the Moldavian Land mention that the Ottomans upon the sack of Crimea in 1475, sailed away with a galleon filled with one hundred and fifty young boys destined for "the filthy sodomy of the whoring Turk." Thomas Sherley, held captive by the Ottomans between 1603 and 1605 under harsh circumstances, reported in his Discourse of the Turks that "For their Sodommerye they use it soe publiquely and impudentlye as an honest Christian woulde shame to companye his wyffe as they do with their buggeringe boys.

Yeah, 10% is a myth. 2.8 percent of the male, and 1.4 percent of the female, population identify themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. If it was 10% they would have a heck of a lot more power here.
as bad as we treat women, I'm surprised it ain't 98%

thank you ladies, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

WildBlue, your recent post was so disturbing I don't even know how to comment.

I would rather not discuss such vile things as I have some honor. I have made my points clear, if you disagree, then please provide actual proof, not some stories you believe to have heard.

WildBlue, your recent post was so disturbing I don't even know how to comment.

I would rather not discuss such vile things as I have some honor. I have made my points clear, if you disagree, then please provide actual proof, not some stories you believe to have heard
ahhh, so you've heard those rumors too?

SAM: Where are you getting the information that Ottomans were notorious homosexuals? Are you referring to its citizens, or the emperors?

SAM, I especially enjoyed these parts of the article:

This article does not cite any references or sources.

This article or section may contain original research or unverified claims.

;)

SAM, I especially enjoyed these parts of the article:

This article does not cite any references or sources.

This article or section may contain original research or unverified claims.

;)

Traditionally, the masseurs in the baths, tellak in Turkish, who were young boys, helped wash clients by soaping and scrubbing their bodies. They also worked as sex workers. We know today, by texts left by Ottoman authors, who they were, their prices, how many times they could bring their customers to orgasm, and the details of their sexual practices. (From the Dellâkname-i Dilküşâ, eighteenth century work by Dervish, Ismail Agha; Ottoman archives, Süleymaniye, Istanbul) They were recruited from among the ranks of the non-Muslim subject nations of the Turkish empire, such as Greeks, Armenians, Jews, Albanians, Bulgarians, Lebanese, Roma and others.

At times the relationship between a tellak and his client became intensely personal. It is recorded that in the mid-18th century, a janissary — an elite soldier in the Ottoman army, also often of European descent — had a tellak for a lover. When the latter was kidnapped by the men of another regiment and given over to the use of their commander, a days-long battle between the two janissary regiments ensued, which was brought to an end only when the Sultan ordered the unfortunate tellak hanged[citation needed].

After the defeat and dismemberment of the Ottoman empire, in the quickly westernizing Turkish republic the tellak boys lost their sexual aspect, and now the tellak's role is filled by adult attendants who specialize in more prosaic forms of scrubbing and massage. Yet in Turkish the term hamam oğlanı 'bath boy' is still used as a euphemism for a homosexual.

Maybe you can locate the Turkic reference.

I didn't mean to offend and as I don't want another infraction for talking about sex on a science forum, I am asking that this thread be closed. please!!

Back