In the Book of Job, there is reference to the constellations.

M*W,

I think I've got to agree with Devil on at least one of your sources. Devil's wrong, however, if he's implying that "Acharya S" is Sitchin. He's not. Specifically, she's not. Acharya S. is the pen name of Dorothy Murdock, who wrote he Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, a book I've not had the opportunity to read yet so I can't comment on it or her information.

Francesco Carotta, however, is the guy that claimed Jesus was Julius Caesar. I don't think he had much leg to stand on with that dubious claim.

I've not read Joseph Atwill either, but in my curiosity about his work, I once found this review by Robert Price. Worth a read.

I remember leafing through David Fideler's book, Jesus Christ, Sun of God, and found the discussions on cosmology & symbolism in Christianity interesting, but didn't do more than leaf through it.

M*W: Not a problem, Skin. I'm here to learn as well as to teach. I know you are far more educated than I in these discussions. I might even learn something from TDI if he weren't so defensive.

I've read Carotta, and as far as I'm concerned, he could be right or he could be wrong. Whatever the difference, Jesus Christ still didn't exist. To try to prove he did is futile.

Atwill is more centerfield in his approach. Carotta just takes it further.

Fideler is a harder read. At the end of the day, all these theories don't really matter, but they all allude to JC not existing as who the NT said he was. Therefore, whatever these texts are saying, this or that or whatever, they all concur that Jesus couldn't have possibly existed. That's the big lie.

i assumed it was a typo, as sitchin writes on similar subjects.
It does look similar. I probably would have thought the same had I not already been familiar with her work.

M*W: Not a problem, Skin. I'm here to learn as well as to teach. I know you are far more educated than I in these discussions. I might even learn something from TDI if he weren't so defensive.
bombastic claims about a religion should have bombastic evidence.
there is none for what you have claimed about judaism.

im not defensive, im informing.

bombastic claims about a religion should have bombastic evidence.
there is none for what you have claimed about judaism.

im not defensive, im informing.

M*W: Please remember, when I refer to astrotheological theories, I'm not referring to Judaism, per se.

M*W: The "ancient gods" early humans believed in were the stars. They created myths about the formations of stars. Pagans have always been around.

I'm no expert on this field whatsoever MW, but I do believe pagans worshiped all things on the earth, trees, water,air, birds, animals, in addition to suns , moons, etc.

I'm no expert on this field whatsoever MW, but I do believe pagans worshiped all things on the earth, trees, water,air, birds, animals, in addition to suns , moons, etc.

M*W: I believe you're right. Paganism covers a multitude of beliefs/objects of faith, etc.

animism is a tad different than what she is talking about. :)

M*W: I had to go look-up 'animism.' I must have missed something, because I don't recall discussing 'animism' with anyone. Would you mind explaining what you meant by your statement? Thanks.

Back