In the Book of Job, there is reference to the constellations.

You show a picture of the erosion of the limestone walls of the Sphinx quarry to a geologist, without him/her knowing where the picture was taken, and nine times out of ten, they will tell you it's rainfall erosion.

I see limestone rain-erosion like that all over the hill country of central Texas, when it rains, it erodes down vertically, cutting vertical runoff drainages in the exposed limestone strata.

Sorry if I have inadvertently moved the discussion away from the thread topic to the age of the sphinx controversy.

Are there many reference books /materials about the constellations,planets ,stars and their relationship with religion as being metaphors for characters and events in the bible?
I suppose like any new theories ,they come under attack from those who disagree. It's always interesting to see in cases like that ,if later, more and more of the old established theories give creedence to the new.

the constellation/torah references have no footing in truth or scientific thought at all.

can anyone here besides myself read biblical hebrew?

But they believed in ancient gods first, then made them into stars. Remember the Pagans.

M*W: The "ancient gods" early humans believed in were the stars. They created myths about the formations of stars. Pagans have always been around.

I kinda' doubt that there will be too many more theories coming out that Jesus was a god of the Sun, like Julius Caesar.

M*W: I've already supplied you with the books that have been written on this matter. The myth is not that Jesus was "a god of the Sun," but that Jesus is a metaphor for the Sun/God.

In any case, here are the names of the authors for the Sun-God theory:

Joseph Atwill
Francesco Carotta
Acharya S
David Fideler

That should be easy enough to Google.

M*W: I've already supplied you with the books that have been written on this matter. The myth is not that Jesus was "a god of the Sun," but that Jesus is a metaphor for the Sun/God.

In any case, here are the names of the authors for the Sun-God theory:

Joseph Atwill
Francesco Carotta
Acharya S
David Fideler

That should be easy enough to Google.

are you seriously using sitchin as a source?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zechariah_Sitchin

so MW...whats the constellation we are talking about here? ... which star exactly?

M*W: I shall try to answer your questions. Arcturus is the fourth brightest star in the sky and the brightest star in the constellation Boötes.

Boötes is thought to be the most ancient constellation in the sky. Boötes is called "the herdsman." The Adam of Genesis represents the Constellation of Boötes. Boötes also represents other male figures of the bible such as Joseph, the carpenter, and Joseph of Arimathea, and maybe even Lazarus/Eleazer. The male figures represented by the Constellation of Boötes are connected to the Constellation of Virgo, which expanse lies near to it.

Now, at the foot of the Constellation Virgo is a Constellation called Serpens, the Serpent. (Ring a bell?). The virgin's heel is on the head of the serpent. Coincidently, neighboring constellations to Serpens are Boötes and Virgo. In other words, Adam, Eve and the Serpent of the GoE (or... zodiac).

The Constellation of Virgo is probably the second largest constellation in the sky. As one would imagine, Virgo represents a female character in myth such as Eve, the Virgin Mary, Mary Magdalen, Isis, Athena, etc. There is a reference to some 70 stars in the Constellation Virgo. Curiously, I am wondering if that's where Islam gets its belief of the 72 virgins a man is promised after he dies?

M*W,

I think I've got to agree with Devil on at least one of your sources. Devil's wrong, however, if he's implying that "Acharya S" is Sitchin. He's not. Specifically, she's not. Acharya S. is the pen name of Dorothy Murdock, who wrote he Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, a book I've not had the opportunity to read yet so I can't comment on it or her information.

Francesco Carotta, however, is the guy that claimed Jesus was Julius Caesar. I don't think he had much leg to stand on with that dubious claim.

I've not read Joseph Atwill either, but in my curiosity about his work, I once found this review by Robert Price. Worth a read.

I remember leafing through David Fideler's book, Jesus Christ, Sun of God, and found the discussions on cosmology & symbolism in Christianity interesting, but didn't do more than leaf through it.

M*W,

I think I've got to agree with Devil on at least one of your sources. Devil's wrong, however, if he's implying that "Acharya S" is Sitchin. He's not. Specifically, she's not. Acharya S. is the pen name of Dorothy Murdock, who wrote he Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold, a book I've not had the opportunity to read yet so I can't comment on it or her information.
i assumed it was a typo, as sitchin writes on similar subjects.

Back