I'm ok, You're a CLONE!

Mr. Hamtastic

whackawhackado!
Registered Senior Member
We can't study cloning humans? Why not? Whether or not they have any legal rights is a seperate issue. Cloning technology just seems to be a good idea. "Mommy died when I was 2, so Daddy had them make me a NEW Mommy. I can't tell the difference!"

But studying the cloning of animals is going ahead full steam. It is only a matter of time when we will be hearing of a cloned human.

We can't study cloning humans? Why not? Whether or not they have any legal rights is a seperate issue. Cloning technology just seems to be a good idea. "Mommy died when I was 2, so Daddy had them make me a NEW Mommy. I can't tell the difference!"

"Price, that's the difference!"

Pro-human cloning reasons:

1. handy replacement for loss of loved ones
2. freely available organs
3. Less fears from loss of life, allowing more "Death defying" stunts.
4. Experimentation.
5. Cheap labor
6. Good Cannon-fodder
7. Solution to starvation in a pinch

Probably more, but these seem strong enough reasons to me.

1. handy replacement for loss of loved ones
So your wife would suddenly a baby you'd have to take care of. I don't see what the solution here it.
Besides, the clone will not be your wife. More like her long lost identical twin.

2. freely available organs
I agree. See my previous post.

3. Less fears from loss of life, allowing more "Death defying" stunts.
The clone wouldn't be you. See 1.

4. Experimentation.
I don't see your point.

5. Cheap labor
This is a reason to outlaw it.
There will be even more unemployed people.
There will be the same problems as we have now with agricultural crops. Figure it out.
They would all have to sterilized probably against their will, which is inhumane.

6. Good Cannon-fodder
?

7. Solution to starvation in a pinch
?

So your wife would suddenly a baby you'd have to take care of. I don't see what the solution here it.
Besides, the clone will not be your wife. More like her long lost identical twin.

so an exact brain map match would not provide the same memories? baby? couldn't this be overcome using HGH and other as yet undiscovered techniques?

I agree. See my previous post.

Amen

The clone wouldn't be you. See 1.

see previous

I don't see your point.

Why experiment on animals, when you can have an average human to experiment on?

This is a reason to outlaw it.
There will be even more unemployed people.
There will be the same problems as we have now with agricultural crops. Figure it out.
They would all have to sterilized probably against their will, which is inhumane.

That's why you make them a slave race, and all female or male

?
Cheap soldiers a la star wars

?

Grow em, cook em, eat em.

Hammie: so an exact brain map match would not provide the same memories? baby? couldn't this be overcome using HGH and other as yet undiscovered techniques?
> That's not possible. HGH ?

Hammie: Why experiment on animals, when you can have an average human to experiment on?
> But we are talking about cloning. I'm against any form of cloning with which a complete live creature is created.

Hammie: That's why you make them a slave race, and all female or male
> Unethical.

Hammie: Cheap soldiers a la star wars
> Unethical.

One , two , three or more...where will it end...if ever. Think about it if there were 5 exact replicas of yourself and one commits a murder how do we tell the one that did it when the fingerprints and DNA all match?

Isn't ethical relative? Pragmatically, ethics are all about the result. It's nice to be all feel-goody about things, but that's an expensive luxury, especially if it shuts down scientific or medical exploration.

That's why Clones should be built from the ground up to be non-descript, or replacements for the dead or dying.

If you clone yourself which one is you? If you clone your children, which one is your child?

Back