"ILLEGAL ALIEN" Dies on Hospital After Being Ignored for 45 Minutes

Truthseeker:
It must be. At least for Xev...

What does that even MEAN?

I'm talking about the people who could have really done something.

Oh?

"Aside from one patient who briefly checked on her condition, no one helped her. "

(Quoted by you)

"She looks like one and the police was called."

Were called, btw.

"Basically, people can simply be suspicious of others being illegal immigrants simply because they look mexican, right? They wouldn't act rational if they scapegoat illegals. "

Nope, you definitely said that the other patients ignored her, which doesn't seem to be the case.

But it still amazes me how nobody doesn't even show a little bit of emotion though...

They are trained to be detached, dumbass.

Truthseeker:
Should americans ignore dying illegal immigrants in their hospitals? Is that unethical?

Are you seriously asking this question?
The majority of ethical systems would say no. You SHOULD know this, although you ARE achingly stupid, so it's possible that you don't.

This is kind of split, on one hand, I think that she should have been given medical attention because, well, she's in a hospital, but then on the other hand, if she weren't in the country illegally anyway then she wouldn't have to worry about it.

Overall though, one less illegal? Fine by me.

Truthseeker:

The majority of ethical systems would say no. You SHOULD know this, although you ARE achingly stupid, so it's possible that you don't.

He's not asking ethical systems, he's asking Americans. The fact that she died as she did in a hospital should provide the answer.

He's not asking ethical systems, he's asking Americans. The fact that she died as she did in a hospital should provide the answer.

That makes sense. One extremely ghetto hospital commits malpractice, so all Americans must want illegal immigrants to die.

I'm so glad you helped me with that.

if she weren't in the country illegally anyway then she wouldn't have to worry about it.

So, she wouldn't have gotten sick anywhere but in America? Geez, what a country!

So, she wouldn't have gotten sick anywhere but in America? Geez, what a country!

No, but at least in Mexico she wouldn't expect to be treated. Also, no one in Mexico would care, which is, what I think, America should follow suit in doing.

No, but at least in Mexico she wouldn't expect to be treated. Also, no one in Mexico would care, which is, what I think, America should follow suit in doing.

Depends. Not to speak ill of the dead, but she was already foolish for expecting anything good to come out of a "Martin Luther KIng memorial" hospital. That rule isn't just for roads, people!

That makes sense. One extremely ghetto hospital commits malpractice, so all Americans must want illegal immigrants to die.

I'm so glad you helped me with that.

I'm in the paramedical field, I've seen ghetto hospitals you wouldn't believe including temporary ones under tents. But I've never seen a patient dying and the entire medical staff just not caring.

I'm in the paramedical field, I've seen ghetto hospitals you wouldn't believe including temporary ones under tents. But I've never seen a patient dying and the entire medical staff just not caring.

Point taken, but that's not the issue:

"He's not asking ethical systems, he's asking Americans (if illegal immigrants should be left to die without medical care). The fact that she died as she did in a hospital should provide the answer (that they do think this way)"

Which is a leap, to say the least. One hospital's, admittedly gross, incompetence does not speak for every American hospital, let alone every American citizen.

Point taken, but that's not the issue:

"He's not asking ethical systems, he's asking Americans (if illegal immigrants should be left to die without medical care). The fact that she died as she did in a hospital should provide the answer (that they do think this way)"

Which is a leap, to say the least. One hospital's, admittedly gross, incompetence does not speak for every American hospital, let alone every American citizen.

No it doesn't. You're right. But is this an isolated incident?

Oh?

"Aside from one patient who briefly checked on her condition, no one helped her. "

(Quoted by you)

"She looks like one and the police was called."

Were called, btw.

"Basically, people can simply be suspicious of others being illegal immigrants simply because they look mexican, right? They wouldn't act rational if they scapegoat illegals. "

Nope, you definitely said that the other patients ignored her, which doesn't seem to be the case.
You are playing with my words. :rolleyes:
I never said all the patients completely ignored her. Please quote me saying all patients ignored her...:rolleyes:

They are trained to be detached, dumbass.
The janitor also? And they are trained not to respond to a woman dying on the floor? :bugeye:

Do you seriously doubt?

I'm not interested in what the majority would say. I want to know your opinion. Should americans ignore the illegals dying in the hospital? Since many think that they are not entitled to those services, because they don't pay taxes.

I'm particularly interested in what sandy has to say about that... ;)

What the hell is wrong with you?:confused:
What the hell do [nameless christian] have to do with this story?
Back off already. You're getting annoying.:mad:
I want [nameless christian] to answer my question:

Should americans ignore dying illegal immigrants in their hospitals? Is that unethical?

I ask you... what would Jesus do? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I take you either being in mexico or read about this stuff. Right? :rolleyes:

That's exactly the point. Even in a ghetto hospital, the staff would have tried to help. So what really happened there?

Let's consider the psychological implications here. Why would people ignore this woman?

If she were not ignored in her own country she would have stayed there. People come to U.S for a better life, that is not to say there are no problems. You dont know much about the U.S do you?

Last edited:
Back