If islam is the religion of peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia is the home of the Eastern Orthodox Church. And if god created everyone, and such and such, those are HIS people, so they are still HIS problem.

It's funny how destroying the planet we live on is never mentioned. A far-sighted God might have mentioned treating our Mother with respect. Ah, perhaps it is there in the 10 commandments. But no one seems to take it this way.

Nah, the next world is the one that counts to monotheists. And while some monotheists are environmentalists, their belief systems discourage much care for the very soil that birthed us.

One of the functions of the whole Eden myth and Mary's viginity (idea) was to protect and make most important the power of men in those SPECIFIC cultures. Stories honoring the power of women, rather than their role as vessels or tempters, had to be wiped out.

I disagree with that - it's a meme structure I've never seen in any of my religious acquaintances. And I've known many atheists who also care little or nothing for the environment.

I'd like to mention this: there seems to be a continual perception that "Christianity et al" are every bit as bad as islam, scripturally. While I'm a secularist, I still wouldn't object to the "violent passages", such as they are, from being removed from the Bible. Why not? Defang it. None of those citations are in any way canonical.

And yet, it isn't any of that which Western civilization is about - oppression, or sublimation. Those things do occur, but they are not part of that thing called "Western Civilization". Rather, the core of Westernism is the individual entity with integral civil rights. Islamism, by contrast, is the "surrender" or, more literally, "submission" of individual value to a mythical deity. Sharia is exemplary of this perspective, and therein the difference.

I'd like to mention this: there seems to be a continual perception that "Christianity et al" are every bit as bad as islam, scripturally. While I'm a secularist, I still wouldn't object to the "violent passages", such as they are, from being removed from the Bible. Why not? Defang it. None of those citations are in any way canonical.

And yet, it isn't any of that which Western civilization is about - oppression, or sublimation. Those things do occur, but they are not part of that thing called "Western Civilization". Rather, the core of Westernism is the individual entity with integral civil rights. Islamism, by contrast, is the "surrender" or, more literally, "submission" of individual value to a mythical deity. Sharia is exemplary of this perspective, and therein the difference.

"Western Civilization" is based on colonialism, slavery and exploitation of third world resources through propagation of debt and military conflict to support a culture of consumerism and the wealth of multinational corporations.

"Western Civilization" is based on colonialism, slavery and exploitation of third world resources through propagation of debt and military conflict to support a culture of consumerism and the wealth of multinational corporations.

Is that what lead you here in the first place?

Is that what lead you here in the first place?

No that was my wanderlust. Note "based on", which means that without those artificial support systems, it may very well collapse.

This is an opinion; though I don't doubt the consumerism and corporationalism is true. Yet there is no legal obligation to such.

This is an opinion; though I don't doubt the consumerism and corporationalism is true. Yet there is no legal obligation to such.

I think you'll find the laws governing free trade with the third world are very clear. And that corporations are supported by laws in the Western countries (or by policies that support dictator regimes that let them do as they please).

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRe...hts.asp#EconomicPoweralsowieldsPoliticalPower

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Corporations/Labor.asp#MovingOn

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/Causes.asp

I think you'll find the laws governing free trade with the third world are very clear. And that corporations are supported by laws in the Western countries (or by policies that support dictator regimes that let them do as they please).

Yes but that isn't enshined as the soul of Western culture.

...was that what Franklin and Hancock proposed? Descartes? King John of England (although, to be frank, Magna Carta was meant for the peers)?

I live in a deserted WalMart surrounded by zombies.

...was that what Franklin and Hancock proposed? Descartes? King John of England (although, to be frank, Magna Carta was meant for the peers)?

I live in a deserted WalMart surrounded by zombies.

They just keep changing the labels.

The monarchy was no less exploitative than the corporations are.

We have some experience of British colonialism.

M*W: Now, I must disagree with you samcdkey.

M*W: Now, I must disagree with you samcdkey.

Look up the industrial revolution and what led to its rapid advancement.

Then follow it all the way till today, paying attention to what drove the economic and social changes, and still do.

"There is no peace saith the Lord unto the wicked." Isaiah 48:22

This applies to all wicked, no matter what your religious alignment(s) may be - Atheist, Islam, Judaism, Christianity...and even Buddhism. It was earlier indicated that Buddhist do not start wars. But they still have no peace. Have you ever known a Buddhist? I have, one of which is in my family. This person has inner turmoil in ways that I have never seen. This person has...an inner war. And I have observed this in another Buddhist as well. All who are wicked have not peace. And all are wicked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back