If islam is the religion of peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
IAC, give us a break the Bible says the EXACT same thing as Spidergoat posted.

IAC, what do you think of Buddhists? They going to heaven? How about Shinto? Hindu? Any of those ones going to heaven? How about Atheists? Hmmmm? Going to heaven?

As I said spidergoat, those battles were for that time and that place, self-evidently.

The Bible instructs the believers to preach the Gospel in all the world, not to kill unbelievers in all the world.

There would be peace if more people loved their neighbor as themselves.
This from someone who holds the belief in a God that will make most of the people that have ever lived rot in hell for eternity ... nice. I think you really think the world would be peace if everyone was Xian.

This from someone who holds the belief in a God that will make most of the people that have ever lived rot in hell for eternity ... nice. I think you really think the world would be peace if everyone was Xian.

M*W: You may be right, Michael. The world would be at peace if it weren't for religious separatists.

Maybe Islam's violent passages are contradicted by later ones too?

No. It is the later passages - the Medinan ones - that contradict or abrogate the earlier, more peaceful ones.

Sura 9, sura 2, sura 5. And so on.

No. It is the later passages - the Medinan ones - that contradict or abrogate the earlier, more peaceful ones.

Sura 9, sura 2, sura 5. And so on.
Who put the Sura in what order? Is the Qur'an chronological?

That was for that time and circumstances, and to be symbolic to future generations of how much God hates sin, however, we now live under the New Covenant in New Testament times.
So God changed his/her/its opinion of what is right and wrong based on what time in history it happened? Why? Didn't Jesus say that he didn't come to challenge what the prophets said?
Mythranic
What's that mean? Google only had one result(which is from these forums).

Who put the Sura in what order? Is the Qur'an chronological?

Chronological but not from 1 onward (i.e. Sura 9 is the second last to be "revealed" etc). Have a sniff around Google, it's easy to find. I think 4 was the last. As for who arranged them, I don't know but it's presumed to be the order they proceeded from Mohammed; presumably set in order prior to the third Caliph.

The problem with these holy books is that they are too damn long! One would think God could condense his wishes into a more compact package.

IceAgeCivilizations said:
As I said spidergoat, those battles were for that time and that place, self-evidently.

The Bible instructs the believers to preach the Gospel in all the world, not to kill unbelievers in all the world.

Luk 19:27 And as for those who were against me, who would not have me for their ruler, let them come here, and be put to death before me.

That's from the New Testament.

Jesus was obviously no warlord, to bring folks before him to be slaughtered would contradict all of the New Testament, He was expressing the anger He feels when believers don't use their gifts in His service, sometimes they "graduate" early because of it I think.

I agree they should condense a bit. Golden Rule, like. But that's a parable, not an order.

Only those who confess their sin and ask to be adopted by the Creator will have that happen.

It's funny how destroying the planet we live on is never mentioned. A far-sighted God might have mentioned treating our Mother with respect. Ah, perhaps it is there in the 10 commandments. But no one seems to take it this way.

Nah, the next world is the one that counts to monotheists. And while some monotheists are environmentalists, their belief systems discourage much care for the very soil that birthed us.

One of the functions of the whole Eden myth and Mary's viginity (idea) was to protect and make most important the power of men in those SPECIFIC cultures. Stories honoring the power of women, rather than their role as vessels or tempters, had to be wiped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back