I wish I was religious and had true faith.

EmptyForceOfChi

Banned
Banned
Im trying to have faith in god and believe in him fully but I can't seem to do it, does anybody have suggestions that would help me believe?.

If I can trust things people tell me without having evidence for and have faith that what they tell me is true even though you never truley know what other humans are thinking inside there own mind, why is it so hard to have faith in gods existence?.

peace.

Im trying to have faith in god and believe in him fully but I can't seem to do it, does anybody have suggestions that would help me believe?.

If I can trust things people tell me without having evidence for and have faith that what they tell me is true even though you never truley know what other humans are thinking inside there own mind, why is it so hard to have faith in gods existence?.
M*W: Because you are becoming more aware of false belief systems. You are becoming more enlightened as you face your feelings (intuition). You are listening to your own mind and not what others are telling you what you should believe.

I can't, nor can anybody else, tell you what to believe. That can only come from within yourself. It sounds to me that you are paying closer attention to what your own mind is trying to tell you.

I have lived my whole life listening to my own mind and not what others tell me, thats why im daoist. Im not asking for people to tell me what to believe but more along the lines of what gives other people faith?, what gives you trust that there is a god and how do you overcome the problem of not seeing what you believe in.

I want to have faith and I want to believe in god.

peace.

You must feel it within yourself. It's a truth that's within you. Transcend materialism, feel your soul, and you will know. Accept it fully and you'll have faith. Let no doubt come to you.

You must feel it within yourself. It's a truth that's within you. Transcend materialism, feel your soul, and you will know. Accept it fully and you'll have faith. Let no doubt come to you.
M*W: Wow! You and I both feel the same way! That's amazing! The understanding is truly within! That is what will bring us together!

peace.

The reason that it's hard is you have probably made the correct observation that truth is when an idea in the human mind corresponds to actual reality... and of course all human claims of 'God' have no such correspondence.

You can still establish faith and it shouldn't be too hard. Simply redefine truth as when an idea in the human mind makes you feel good. Most fantastic claims that require faith will actually make you feel good; therefore, just accept them as true by the new criteria.

Granted, you'll be a dumbass about alot of topics you apply faith to, but it doesn't matter because if feels good and that's the only gain from faith... which you seem to want.

peace.

Go get a hobby.

I believe your skepticism is healthy. Just because you want something to be true doesn't make it so.

In addition, faith a.k.a. "blind trust" can be a very dangerous thing as it can be considered a form of psychological Russian Roulette. For once you wholeheartedly accept an ideology, whether infallible/fallible, your every thought and action will be based on its platform.

Belief starts simply by looking at the stars.

I have looked at the stars many times but, although I am struck with awe and admiration for the magnificence of nature, I don't feel the slightest urge to attribute any of it to a God.

not God, but god. I believe in no God the almighty. I believe in god defined by superior beings. It is much easier to believe scientifically that something more advanced than this exists, most certainly my imagination allowed for it. As such, you do not have to contribute to God or god, but to the people around you so that in face one day you too could fly in he heavens with god. All for one, idea. Idea's that show no logic are not idea's they are deception.

not God, but god. I believe in no God the almighty. I believe in god defined by superior beings.
Heh that's what I meant, it's why I said "a" god.. I guess the capital G just snuck in there.

It is much easier to believe scientifically that something more advanced than this exists, most certainly my imagination allowed for it. As such, you do not have to contribute to God or god, but to the people around you so that in face one day you too could fly in he heavens with god. All for one, idea. Idea's that show no logic are not idea's they are deception.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Why are you calling people gods ?

cause god just means superior beings. I am not calling people gods, but us compared to people in 10000 B.C. we are gods. We fly in the air do we not? god depends on its relevant time line. So as such we still must believe in something more than just us, or a sense of gloom and doom comes over. The feeling of someone watching is much more subtle than being all alone.

So belief starts by simply looking at the stars. Dont believe me, get an infared camera :)
Check the sky for one hour a day for 8 days and you will find my truth.

Belief is that east, but faith is not. Faith is knowing that you will life again, and that this life is the next and the last. It is a paradox in its finest form. It is the paradox. That is faith. It was created by something called manifest destiny.

cause god just means superior beings. I am not calling people gods, but us compared to people in 10000 B.C. we are gods. We fly in the air do we not? god depends on its relevant time line. So as such we still must believe in something more than just us, or a sense of gloom and doom comes over. The feeling of someone watching is much more subtle than being all alone.

So belief starts by simply looking at the stars. Dont believe me, get an infared camera :)
Check the sky for one hour a day for 8 days and you will find my truth.

Belief is that east, but faith is not. Faith is knowing that you will life again, and that this life is the next and the last. It is a paradox in its finest form. It is the paradox. That is faith. It was created by something called manifest destiny.
No we are people, great apes. You can call us gods.. but it's not what we are. Unless you are redefining the word "god", in which case it wouldn't mean anything to call us "gods".

For Gods sake, WHY ? If you don't believe it.. :shrug:

Maybe you should take your desire to completely immerse yourself in something and use it for something you stand for.

Perhaps he feels there is something missing inside. Or perhaps he see that
certain religious people are content and secure with their faith. The analogy
between him vs the religious one that he sees is like being a graduate who
confuse what to do vs the one who have settle in their job. Nobody likes being
confuse all the time.

The thing is, faith can't be insisted.

Perhaps he feels there is something missing inside. Or perhaps he see that
certain religious people are content and secure with their faith. The analogy
between him vs the religious one that he sees is like being a graduate who
confuse what to do vs the one who have settle in their job.
So, seeing that he can't (understandably) get himself to believe in God, he should find something else to put his faith in.
A good cause for example. Or something that you might call ones lifes work.

The thing is, faith can't be insisted.
True. But he is trying to do just that. He shouldn't.

I bless thee with the heart of a thousand men and that thee should accept you shall have faith.

Close thine eyes and let the dream come to thee, for thine has the will and as will thee will receive.

Do not take for granted the things I know, for your mind is all you may have faith in and as such I have given part of mine. Take it and give no thanks for thanks is never given.

You must only say in your mind these five words.

Be they as it may.

Be they the people of time as things will happen they be the instance of a higher power named by us as god that he may enlighten us with the spirit and faith so may you understand.

So, seeing that he can't (understandably) get himself to believe in God, he should find something else to put his faith in.
A good cause for example. Or something that you might call ones lifes work.

True. But he is trying to do just that. He shouldn't.

I always believe that it is not faith that matters in the end, it is how you live
your life. The reason behind is, some said that human exist before religion. Also,
perhaps there are some people throughout their life who never heard of religion.
If there is God and we are going to be judge by 'religiosity', then it becomes
unfair.

To live without believing in any God, on the other hand, might cause you in
confusion: what do you live for, then? Because if there is no God, then there
is no judgment, no life after death, and so on. Once our life is finish, everything
is over. So why struggle in life? etc.

But to blindly believe in something you can't believe is also lying to yourself.

If I were him (he is a Daoist?), I will believe in whatever I believe is true right
now till I find that it is not right. When my understanding is improving and it is
proven to be not right, then I will continue looking. Meanwhile, I'll try to live
life 'correctly'. Because, if I am a gambler and I have no idea whether there is
life after death or not, it is save if I assume the worst case. But that is just me.

Back