Humour

Well, we no longer have to trap rats. That was a whole 'nuther adventure with much potential for humour. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was the rear view of a largish rat climbing a pole. Suffice to say, a nearby side-road could be renamed Rattus Boulevard.
They would make pretty good pets if they were less destructive and smelled better.
Wrong thread?
BTW - What's with that goddam Grammarly everywhere I go? Does Big Brother Google find my English so appallingly poor?
Just imagine what ads Rainbow must be getting. I take it you don't use an ad blocker?

He'd break the targeting program. Serve it right, too!

Naw - it's all part of the experience.
I have a friend who had a baby and I emailed her and the word "baby" was mentioned. At that time I didn't have my ad blocker turn on for some site and I got an ad for baby diapers.

For all those who are excessively worried about how much info is being collected on them...I wouldn't be to concerned if this is how ineffectively they use it.

I've looked at things that I was considering buying, and I get ads for that product later. When I buy the item, I still get ads for that same item.

For the most part though, I get no ads due to ad blocker and another program on top of that that I have to "control" Facebook.

If anybody's interested in me, they're welcome to learn that I look up statistics on all kinds of weird shit, consult a lot of maps, play only five solitaire games, do a jigsaw puzzle every day and check out the astronomy picture most days, check word meanings and translations, never buy plus-sized dresses, overdesigned furniture, marked-down shoes, electronics, phone apps, chain-link fences, snowblowers or dates with foreign women.

If anybody's interested in me, they're welcome to learn that I look up statistics on all kinds of weird shit, consult a lot of maps, play only five solitaire games, do a jigsaw puzzle every day and check out the astronomy picture most days, check word meanings and translations, never buy plus-sized dresses, overdesigned furniture, marked-down shoes, electronics, phone apps, chain-link fences, snowblowers or dates with foreign women.
If we were interested, we're not now...(joke) :)

you keep in touch?
with Grammarly? no. they send updates, but I would love to see their database.

Naw - it's all part of the experience.
doesn't that depend on where you are? I don't mind ads on, say, Science Magazine, but the ads elsewhere are annoying

I have a friend who had a baby and I emailed her and the word "baby" was mentioned. At that time I didn't have my ad blocker turn on for some site and I got an ad for baby diapers.

For all those who are excessively worried about how much info is being collected on them...I wouldn't be to concerned if this is how ineffectively they use it.

I've looked at things that I was considering buying, and I get ads for that product later. When I buy the item, I still get ads for that same item.
they tend to target irrational things for me, especially considering my family diversity and the fact that I do a lot of research for local non-profits, so I can be researching diapers one minute and national crime stat's the next, with a few visits to Spurious Correlations (link) in between. Google is so confused over what it thinks I need to see. I get everything from gun ads to baby stuff to women's wear. LMFAO

LOL
we're not too different then. except I don't play solitaire. actually, I don't play any computer games at all anymore, not since I crashed my WIN 3.11 desktop with Warlords II on it. I have two games I play on the PS, but none on the computer.
I do, on occasion, purchase women's dresses (and other stuff) in various sizes (lots of women in my family, and two transgenders - MtoF), and I only once bought shoes because my jungle boots were on sale on an internet site that allowed me to purchase two sets (including shipping) for less than the local vendors sold them for.

If we were interested, we're not now...(joke)
See - it works!
LMFAO

doesn't that depend on where you are? I don't mind ads on, say, Science Magazine, but the ads elsewhere are annoying
Sure they're annoying. Especially the ones that were mindless to begin with and keep repeating forever. But even the annoyance - at the content as well as the presentation - is a kind of window into the public psyche.
Except... I can't guarantee the safety of the Trivago guy is he showed his face around here.

But even the annoyance - at the content as well as the presentation - is a kind of window into the public psyche.
true that. I actually like to watch television commercials.
I just really dislike internet ads. and I think farcebook killed it for me, tbh.

EDIT:
keeping it in line with the thread - have you seen Japanese TV commercial ads?
I love trying to guess what they're actually selling! LOL
I do know ads can be a window into the culture of an area - on TV at least, especially local stations.
EnD EDIT

Except... I can't guarantee the safety of the Trivago guy is he showed his face around here
LMFAO

So - not Hindus, then. Why would they need anonymity? Lots of people eat rodents. The only question regarding their fitness for human consumption would be: what do the rats have to eat? I've known pork to be utterly spoilt by feeding fish bi-products to the pigs. You have to be mindful of the environment when you hunt fellow omnivores.

Back