Humans With Green Skin Could Live Off Sunlight.

Ps

I should, of course, have added that I am not alone in pioneering new ideas. Colleagues such as Professors Luis Villarreal at UC Irvine and Patrick Forterre, at the Pasteur Institute in Paris, have arrived at very similar conclusions to my own on the influence of viruses on host evolution from the origins of life to the present. Both these eminent colleagues have just written papers that support the symbiotic viruses concept and also propose, as I do, that we have to treat viruses as living organisms in order to understand their evolutionary implications.

Much of the past denigration of viruses as bits of chemicals came at a time when there were major misapprehensions about the nature of viruses, and their evolutionary trajectories.

Both these eminent colleagues have just written papers that support the symbiotic viruses concept and also propose, as I do, that we have to treat viruses as living organisms in order to understand their evolutionary implications.
Sounds like the right way of thinking to me too.

To Frank Ryan:

Why do you not start a new thread in the Biology & Genetics forum?

Your contributions do not belong, IMHO, in the Pseudoscience forum. (The title of this thread sure does.) Many more who could follow and comment on your argument would read it there. I am not well enough informed to know if your thesis holds water or not and would like to see comments on it by some who are.

If you start to quote my post that displayed your drawing you will see how that is done. Just copy that part and make it part of your OP in a new thread (or when you know how to display drawings from internet sites, perhaps another exists that is more useful for you.)

You're quite right. I engaged with this forum for two reasons. They had introduced the topic of my book Virolution, often with humour -- and secondly I do have a strong, somewhat dark, sense of humour. But you are right. I shall set up a new string in the biology and genetics forum. Though I am about to go on holiday, which may limit me for a week or two.

Not a reply but appeal for assistance. Could Billy T please visit the new thread "Viruses are the Ultimate Symbionts" and insert the same pic of the ERVWE1 locus under my initiating post, so I can get discussion and debate going?

Meanwhile members who would like to read my one and only science fiction, with the title The Doomsday Genie, can download it free of charge from the penultimate page of the fprbooks.com website.

I'd put up the e-book here if I knew how to enable a pdf download.

like this I guess?

kermit-the-frog.jpg

Back