Humans of the future

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
I think it means worm girl... about as sexually appetizing as me!

Yes I to believe that human intelligence is affected by environmental factors, but genetics does play a role as well, let worm girl get into this because I have to leave in 30min and she will just bi7ch at me if I give a quick 4ss response.

Does that mean you think I really am a woman, or part of that 1% of perverts pretending to be women?
Perhaps it's my cattiness that tips you off.
Besides Wellcooked, I haven't bitched at you in a good 12 hours. I let the sequencer post go untouched didn't I, and yes it was very thorough, but you know me, I'm just plain verbose.

And thanks for pointing out my name isn't "Sexually appetizing" because you know, that's really what I'm shooting for in a science forum, to wet all the other science geeks sexual appetites with my witty screen name.

Oh baby your turning me on!
fouet.gif

Why don't you join spuriousmonkey in the "lets spank fetus" club!, if you’re a guy it won’t matter: I can’t really see to well in bondage.

Last edited:
Originally posted by rayzinnz
Well sounds interesting - what exactly do you do with the worms wrmgrl?

Well, my research involves a family of four proteins that are present in the germline (ie where the eggs and sperm are made). C. elegans is a unique little creature really, and it's very well suited to geneitc manipulations and other standard molecular biology and biochemistry sorts of techniques.
Right now I'm trying to make transgenic worms that have green proteins (only the protein I'm interested in will be green). We also make mutant worms in our lab, and do some other pretty cool stuff (at least in my opinion).

Currently I haven't been playing with my worms much, as I've been writing my comprehensive exam on something entirely unrelated. After next week though, back to work.

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
You been playing with the worms? :bugeye:
In a sense.
It's just easier than saying: harvesting DNA from worms, harvesting protein from worms, harvesting RNA from worms. Performing immunocytochemistry, using a biollistic approach to creating integrated transgenes, cloning (DNA not worms, as since worms are hermaphrodites, most worms are clones anyway).

Etc, etc, it's just more fun to say I play with my worms. Besides, science is fun for me (usually) so working is kind of like playing.

:rolleyes:

Even if our immune systems become much stronger and better at fighting diseases, wouldn't the diseases just mutate and take on new forms. Isn't that awhat diseases do? So are you saying that our immune systems will either be able to change at the rate of hte diseases or that they'll just be so incredibly strong that almost nothing can penetrate it. Along that note, what about AIDS and cancer, would it be able to combat them?

Back