humans are animals, or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
humans think very black and white. does it have to be either religion or science? take the golden middle path: theosophy.
YOU brought up religion, not me.

there are 4 life forms (4 elements): matter, plants, animals, humans. humans are human, but they are also "made of" animals, plants and matter. humans are partly animal because they have all animal abilities, such as feelings. animals don't include human abilities like free conscious thinking, just like plants don't include animal abilities (feelings).
So what are fungi ? And what are protists ?

the less evolved can't have the abilities of those which are more advanced, but they have all the abilities of those before them.
This is utter nonsense.

humans are as distinct from animals as animals are from plants.
WRONG !

Then why did he say that it will never realize that it can't go through the window ?
If that is true then it will stay on the window.

Exactly. It will stay on the inside of the window, not looking for an alternate means of escape.

Insects don't stay on the outside of a window, they just fly away, carried by the breeze. On he inside, with no breeze, they follow the light.

She doesn't say it's on the outside of the window does she? If it was she'd be able to sleep wouldn't she?

thanks for explaining.

I think you take pleasure in killing little defenseless animals.

my phobia for insects makes it very hard for me to kill them. but even if i didn't fear them, it feels wrong to kill insects. probably because they are complex beings with feelings. it would also feel wrong to destroy a nice painting, even though it has no feelings. it's because i (and other people) have feelings for it, and also for insects.

by the way... it seems like the insect left my room, because i stopped being afraid. it seems like when i'm afraid, i attract to myself things to be afraid of.

Exactly. It will stay on the inside of the window, not looking for an alternate means of escape.

Insects don't stay on the outside of a window, they just fly away, carried by the breeze. On he inside, with no breeze, they follow the light.

So what's the problem ?
If it's inside catch and release.
If it's outside do nothing.

Yeah so Yorda is trolling right? There's no way he could not understand how something could work like all A's are B's but not all B's are A's.

Last edited:
YORDA AND THE SPIDERMEN.

Realizing her boyfriend was taking liberties, she took his hand oof her leg. pulled down her skirt and said: " You animal" ! It was at that moment thar her mind was filled with confusion. She believed with her whole heart that humans are not animals yet she had just called her boyfriend one. Filled with a mixture of love and revulsion she remembered that her one true love was a spider which dangled from the ceiling above her bed at night. It came to visit often and when it did it morphed into ...

Some humans can be said to be in a vegatative state. Excuse me. I'm going for a leek.

...........................................A SONG FOR YORDA..........................................

Oh, mother dear come over her and see the fly that's landed on my window !
Tell me why it winks its eye and smiles at me when it is on my window !

...................................................CHORUS..................................................

Oh mama, a big fat fly for me
Oh mama, how happy I would be.
Oh mamma, a big fat fly for me
A big fat fly, a big fat fly
That's the one for me !

And who decides these definitions?

Humans.... not animals.
Yes humans, are you a human ? Definitions are there for a reason, it's so that we can be reasonable sure that we are talking about the same thing.
Making up your own obscure definitions does not help.
By the way HUMANS ARE ANIMALS !

Depends on definition. I think I should be slightly poisonous (due to the exposure to toxic chemicals all day). But you should get some nutrients out of me nonetheless. What are you? Please be a protist.

Depends on definition. I think I should be slightly poisonous (due to the exposure to toxic chemicals all day). But you should get some nutrients out of me nonetheless. What are you? Please be a protist.

I am sure I would enjoy being a protist if only I knew what the hell it meant. Would you settle for a born-again Episcopalian ?

Mod note: Merged and locked threads on humans are animals or not. Give me a reason if you disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back