How would "freethinkers" deal with children who turn religious?

...No one is asking you to force her to do anything. But, most certainly, you should at the very least, teach her something about what she's getting into. But, I fear you don't know the difference.

What is she getting into??

no. but i'll pray for you anyway. grrrrr....

You see, Lori, that's why people will tell you that you've got a disorder. If you don't think it worth your while to clear it all up and be a certified hero, you'll just wind up being certified...

what pleas? you don't even believe in the remote possibility of his existance. so, why would you plead with god? that makes no sense.

You're the one telling me to do it. So, I did. What did I get for my trouble? Nada. Zilch.

So, you're the only one that can put this entire issue to rest once and for all. You get your god to visit me and I guarantee you I'll defend every word you say. Not a single person here would ever deny to believe your god actually visited me, especially after all the arguments I've been involved.

Pretty please, Lori? With sugar on top? Ask him. :)

It appears you both have reading comprehension issues. The Christian woman is in the article linked by Sam. In other words, Sam put forth a bogus article to make her point. The children were already indoctrinated by their Christian mother. Kapeesh?

I didn't put forth anything. Their father did. :confused:

What is she getting into??

A cult, of course. One that will provide her a lifetime of delusion. She will become a racist and a bigot, just like the rest of them.

Is that really what you want for your daughter, O?

You see, Lori, that's why people will tell you that you've got a disorder. If you don't think it worth your while to clear it all up and be a certified hero, you'll just wind up being certified...

You're the one telling me to do it. So, I did. What did I get for my trouble? Nada. Zilch.

So, you're the only one that can put this entire issue to rest once and for all. You get your god to visit me and I guarantee you I'll defend every word you say. Not a single person here would ever deny to believe your god actually visited me, especially after all the arguments I've been involved.

Pretty please, Lori? With sugar on top? Ask him. :)

I did this afternoon. Asked him to put the whammy on you and enmos both. He said he'll fuck you all up. No time frame. No details. But it'll be specially tailored just for you.

I did this afternoon. Asked him to put the whammy on you and enmos both. He said he'll fuck you all up. No time frame. No details. But it'll be specially tailored just for you.

No time frame??? He'll fuck us up??? :shrug:

Only asked for a visit, Lori, not a global flood. :D

Thanks. I'll be waiting patiently for his visit.

btw, does he prefer tea or coffee? One lump or two?

A cult, of course. One that will provide her a lifetime of delusion. She will become a racist and a bigot, just like the rest of them.

Is that really what you want for your daughter, O?

a racist and a bigot??? Damn. Well, I suppose some churches could be that way, but I think its bigoted to think all are.

No time frame??? He'll fuck us up??? :shrug:

Only asked for a visit, Lori, not a global flood. :D

Thanks. I'll be waiting patiently for his visit.

btw, does he prefer tea or coffee? One lump or two?

you have no idea what you're in store for. but the fact that you asked for it is a miracle in itself. miracle #2, you even said please. :p

you have no idea what you're in store for. but the fact that you asked for it is a miracle in itself. miracle #2, you even said please. :p

No miracles were cited in the making of my post, Lori.

Do you have an idea as to what's in store? The reason I ask is that if something happens that I don't recognize as his visit, I may miss it altogether. I sure would be nice to get a heads up.

a racist and a bigot??? Damn. Well, I suppose some churches could be that way, but I think its bigoted to think all are.

Again, is this something you want for your daughter, or you just don't care what happens to her?

No miracles were cited in the making of my post, Lori.

Do you have an idea as to what's in store? The reason I ask is that if something happens that I don't recognize as his visit, I may miss it altogether. I sure would be nice to get a heads up.

well you know, everything's a miracle and nothing's a miracle, it's really about perspective. but i think it's a miracle. :)

and i know what happened to me, but we're all different so, i don't know how he will present himself to you. what i do know is that you will know when he does, otherwise what's the point? he doesn't do anything in futility. he does know you pretty well so, he knows what it will take for you to recognize him.

that's your heads up.

i don't know. i do know that because of god, i have really come to abhor the word "soon".

Well, at least you made the effort, which I greatly appreciate.

Now, the proof will be in the putting. Let's see what happens.

I tingle.

Well, at least you made the effort, which I greatly appreciate.

Now, the proof will be in the putting. Let's see what happens.

I tingle.

lol...all this time i thought the proof was in the pudding! that's so funny!

Back